Chapala.com Webboard

Barber update

Husband went to Barberia Francisco (southwest corner of Madero and Hidalgo next to Bancomer) yesterday for a haircut. Francisco told him he is closing the shop after this week. Here is where it gets complicated. Husband has dementia and sometimes gets confused with hearing and understanding Spanish. Francisco said something about his cousin, not sure what. When husband asked for a referral, Francisco gave him a card that says he will come to the house for haircuts after 1 April from 9 am to 2 pm. Phone numbers are the same as they were for the shop: 333 184 8902 and 376 765 3040.

MtMama,  I too have gone to Francisco in Chapala for many years... when I am at Lakeside.  When I went to him last there in early March he told me that he was retiring. BUT he too gave me the card and said that HE would be still cutting hair but he would come to your home.  Our conversation was partly in English and partly in Spanish so I THINK that I am correct.  Call the number and find out and report back por favor.... for the both of us.

RickS

Juan around the corner at the Northwest corner of the Ajijic Plaza on Colon is still open and does a better job than Francisco and does not have BO.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, cedros said:

Juan around the corner at the Northwest corner of the Ajijic Plaza on Colon is still open and does a better job than Francisco and does not have BO.

You are undoubtedly taking about some other "Francisco" as the man in Chapala is a true Mexican gentleman.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RickS said:

You are undoubtedly taking about some other "Francisco" as the man in Chapala is a true Mexican gentleman.

I am talking about Ajijic. Juan is a gentleman also and gives great haircuts.

50 minutes ago, cedros said:

I am talking about Ajijic. Juan is a gentleman also and gives great haircuts.

Pay attention then before you do your usual disparaging crass posting. The OP was talking about Francisco in CHAPALA who also owns the copy business behind him and the property on the corner.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, losgatos said:

A wonderful barber and a real gentleman, the only one I have visited in 17 years living in Chapala. And ,yes, he gave me his card reading he will make home visits beginning in April. 

Can you post his information from the card here, please?

Gracias!

On 3/24/2022 at 12:18 PM, MtnMama said:

Francisco gave him a card that says he will come to the house for haircuts after 1 April 2022, from 9 am to 2 pm. Phone numbers are the same as they were for the shop: 333 184 8902 and 376 765 3040.

This is all the information on the card

• Like 1