Chapala.com Webboard

A home for a dog

One of the things that surprised me the most coming here are the amount of dogs without homes. I am not sure why this is, but today I found out that three of the dogs that live in the park close to me are probably destined to be put down because they simply dont have a home. 

I never had a pet as I traveled to much in the past, but every day I would pass this new litter of puppy's and could not help myself and adopted one of them. Unfortunately today I heard the local residents want to call animal control and get ride of them, aka, put them down. So as a last ditch effort, I am here asking that if anyone has room for one of the last three, please let me know, as I would hate to see these beautiful animals lose their life.

dogs.jpg

• Like 1

There are considerably fewer street dogs today than there were even a few years ago. Literally hundreds have been sent to shelters (and new homes) NOB. Local free and low-cost spay/neuter clinics have also made a big difference. 

There are several no-kill shelters: The Ranch, Lucky Dog, and the newest SOS. That's the good news. The bad news is they are usually pretty full, especially this time of year when the snow-birds are returning and dumping off their 'winter dogs'. 

There is also a local Facebook group that works to find foster and forever homes for street dogs.

3 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

There are considerably fewer street dogs today than there were even a few years ago. Literally hundreds have been sent to shelters (and new homes) NOB. Local free and low-cost spay/neuter clinics have also made a big difference. 

There are several no-kill shelters: The Ranch, Lucky Dog, and the newest SOS. That's the good news. The bad news is they are usually pretty full, especially this time of year when the snow-birds are returning and dumping off their 'winter dogs'. 

There is also a local Facebook group that works to find foster and forever homes for street dogs.

"especially this time of year when the snow-birds are returning and dumping off their winter dogs" That is absolutely horrible, what kind of person has such a callous attitude toward animals?