Chapala.com Webboard

rvgringo

11 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

passed this week.

Thanks for that. We both live (lived) here in Alamo Country Club. He gave me his address shortly before we moved here and said to stop by and say hello. That's not my style so I emailed him and he said he wasn't well enough right then but he wanted to meet up. Shortly after, Covid struck and sadly I did not get the opportunity to meet him. We both grew up in Upstate New York and had some similar interests. He had a wonderful life story to tell. He had a great job with Eastman/Kodak that took him all over the world. He quit that job and he and his family bought a boat and sailed to the South Pacific for several years. Yeah, he really did that. They left Chapala to go to a lower altitude and they ended up in Tucson. For whatever reason, that didn't work so they moved here. He and MC were friendly adversaries on this board. We have a very popular FB group here of only owners but I rarely saw any posts from him, just a few from his wife. I asked him if they were going to the Pot Luck back when we first got here and he replied "Pot Yuck". We differed on our politics but his life experiences made him a person I would have liked to have known better. RIP Bob.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Thanks for that. We both live (lived) here in Alamo Country Club. He gave me his address shortly before we moved here and said to stop by and say hello. That's not my style so I emailed him and he said he wasn't well enough right then but he wanted to meet up. Shortly after, Covid struck and sadly I did not get the opportunity to meet him. We both grew up in Upstate New York and had some similar interests. He had a wonderful life story to tell. He had a great job with Eastman/Kodak that took him all over the world. He quit that job and he and his family bought a boat and sailed to the South Pacific for several years. Yeah, he really did that. They left Chapala to go to a lower altitude and they ended up in Tucson. For whatever reason, that didn't work so they moved here. He and MC were friendly adversaries on this board. We have a very popular FB group here of only owners but I rarely saw any posts from him, just a few from his wife. I asked him if they were going to the Pot Luck back when we first got here and he replied "Pot Yuck". We differed on our politics but his life experiences made him a person I would have liked to have known better. RIP Bob.

After Alamo they moved back to AZ and I think Louis is going to stay there,maybe visit friends here once in a while.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, happyjillin said:

After Alamo they moved back to AZ and I think Louis is going to stay there,maybe visit friends here once in a while.

OK, did not realize that, thanks much.

I am now a patient of the only ophthalmologist I like and trust after seeing several who come to Lakeside and in Guadalajara, recommended to me by RVGringo.  I'm sorry to hear of his death.

Can someone tell me his  real name? I've forgotten it and I'd like to mention his passing to this doctor.

Lexy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lexy said:

I am now a patient of the only ophthalmologist I like and trust after seeing several who come to Lakeside and in Guadalajara, recommended to me by RVGringo.  I'm sorry to hear of his death.

Can someone tell me his  real name? I've forgotten it and I'd like to mention his passing to this doctor.

Lexy

Glenn

Happyjillin--Glenn? I see here on this forum he's referred to as Bob. Anyone got a last name? RV told me this doctor he recommended saved his eye sight. With a doctor/patient relationship that successful I think he'd want to know that RV passed away.

Lexy

So sad to read this.

I met Louise and Bob, for the first time in 2005, when I started my restaurant in Chapala.  I needed somebody to test and taste different kinds of coffee.  He did a great job and thanks to him, I found excellent coffee.

More importantly, I learnt a lot from this very well travelled and smart man.

My heart and thoughts are with Louise.

Rony

• Like 2