Chapala.com Webboard

Renewing driver's license

Call me a technodino (I am) or just clueless (ditto), but could someone please give a quick breakdown of what's needed to renew your driver's license? I tried the search button and even went to the otb, but the links didn't work and the info I did find was for a new license.

Much TIA.

I will share my experience....

1st I needed a Cita (appointment) and I chose to go to the discount mall on the way to Guadalajara. The appointment was offered for 1 week later and at an early hour and I was offered an english speaking agent.

2nd I was told to pay for my renewal three days before my appointment and I chose to pay in Jocotepec at the government office  on Matamoros Sud. They also inspected my paperwork and gave me a form stating all was in order and paid for. I am entitled to ½ off based on age and I received that reduced rate at that tijme and with zero comment.

I arrived 15 minutes early for my appointment and brought with me....a copy of the following, (some of it was not looked at or taken from me)

My Cfe bill...within 90 days...was not taken but was viewed.

My RFC...although it is already on my old license...was taken.

My Curp...same as above.

Blood type....already on my old license and copied to the new one, no paperwork provided nor asked for.

The first page of my US passport....not looked at

Copy of my "old Person card"...was taken (front and back).

Copy of my citizenship voter's card...was taken.

No eye test was offered or given and no notice of the need for glasses appears on my renewal

They took the photo.

Everyone polite, friendly and quick.

15 minutes later I left with my renewal

Here is a copy of an original post on this topic from January.  Hope it helps.

Posted January 19

Here are the websites to make an appointment for the test for AUTOMOVILISTA NUEVA and get your docs. 

You need to make payment beforehand, and can do it at a bank…there’s a clave number that is printed on the wall of the motor vehicle place, along with the requirement and fee. You can also complete this form, which will generate the payment form you print and take to the bank. Adults 60+ with CURP and INAPAM get 50% discount. It is 50% discount of $792 (I believe 2022 is the same cost as 2021.)

126519758_1501815790007882_1937570637168106765_n.thumb.png.b1b388a575bbe7304bff70e5fb4d83a3.png

Here is where you print your CURP (if you don’t have the newer 8 1/2 x 11 full-page format, which went into effect in Jan of 2020.) https://www.gob.mx/curp/

This is the website with the requirements; take original and photocopy of each of these: CURP, proof of address, payment receipt, blood type, official photo ID, permanente/temporal/INE.

Once you fill out the page from the citas link below, it should open to the calendar so you can select your appointment date and time. The location is the small street just north of the Chapala yacht club, east of the malecón and where the Feria Maestros de Arte was held for several years. Go to that door, look to your left and there is a small street. The motor vehicles place is about 100 feet northwest; there is parking to the right.