Chapala.com Webboard

st. pat's day dinner

happyjillin

2 hours ago, Fred Habacht said:

I have purchased the corned beef from the Smoke House and besides too much fat....I felt the price was much too high for what I received.

Buy the lean packaged crap,freddie, which ain't real corned beef. Amador uses the brisket with fat intact as that is how the real deal is done. If slainte39, the Irishman, were still alive ,he would tell you as I do, who has had the best corned beef in Toronto,Montreal and Edmonton that Amador does it right and A kilo chunk for $500-600p ain't gonna break the bank.

corned beef chunk latest.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, artsnob said:

Emmas in Ajijic sells really good corned beef, it is better and cheaper, they also do a couple corned beef sandwiches..

Unfortunately the alleged Jewish rye sucks. Do they do a saint pats dinner that you can say for sure that THAT is cheaper.

I have a solution for all you charmers that chose to run down this hard working restaurateur. don't go there he deserves better. By the way blame me because I'm the one that supplied him with some equipment and recipes plus requesting enough fat for proper flavour.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, artsnob said:

The last time we were there it looked nothing like the picture, it was very fatty, we sent it back and ordered something else, and never went back to that restaurant.

Good that you took a hike never to be seen there again!!! I like it even fattier but then IĀ  like real corned beef and all the other things that they serve that you don't deserve.-SNORK!

On 3/13/2022 at 3:37 PM, happyjillin said:

At the Smokehouse. Only 20 dinners for corned beef and cabbage ++. $350mp. for reservation 333-454-8671. Amador makes terrific corned beef which I buy all the time as did slainte39[RIP].

Sorry to hear about slainte. We sometimes disagreed but I enjoyed the back and forth. How long ago?

2 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Sorry to hear about slainte. We sometimes disagreed but I enjoyed the back and forth. How long ago?

Slainte39 was a great guy. Terribly knowledgeable about things lakeside and a great source of information. Most all of us who knew him, greatly miss him.

I wish his son, Mike and family the best during these difficult times.

• Like 1