Chapala.com Webboard

Golf in the Lake Chapala area...

You can google a lot of info. There are several courses that are within an hours drive. A couple just 30 minutes or less depending on where you live. Chula Vista is in San Antonio. it is an executive type short tight track. It's hilly, but generally kept in good condition. Chapala Country Club is about 30 minutes from Ajijic center. It is a nine hole course that has multiple tees to help make it less boring. Not a bad track. greens are very hard. A couple of interesting holes, but nothing special. It has a large membership and quite a few competitions weekly for men and women. Atlas is about a 40 minute drive from Ajijic. It is a very nice course and always kept in top shape. It's a great layout and a beautiful track with huge trees lining both sides of most fairways. It's a true test for golfers of any skill. But, it has tees that compensate for age and high handicappers. Another really nice course is El Cielo. A little over an hour from Ajijic. It is over 7,00 foot elevation and has some spectacular views from several holes. Another true test for golfers of all levels. It is kept in really good condition as well.

There are 3-4 other courses in the Guadalajara area that can be played as a non-member. You can find rates and ,membership costs at the websites for each course. It is a great area for golf that is less expensive than the states and our weather is incredible. I play 2-3 times a week and have missed maybe five days due to weather in seven years. If you have specific questions PM me. I am a member at Atlas.

• Like 5