Chapala.com Webboard

Oxygen delivery lines from Amazon

My wife is on oxygen concentrators 24/7 and we were very unhappy with some of the oxygen lines that we bought from Lake Med. In addition the owner refused to stand behind several defective lines ( no exchange and certainly no refunds)..some came with a kink which could not be removed and one came with the nose piece put on backwards. The losses to us by having to replace the defective products were not pleasant....our doctor suggested buying from Amazon....the products are guaranteed with no exceptions and they will be replaced for up to 6 months for any reason....they do not kink and the difference in quality is easy to discern. Downside: We cannot get a Factura so we do not get reimbursed by our health insurance but the quality difference is worth the extra expense.

This is only our opinion and yours may be different.

My wife is on 75' surgical grade oxygen lines to allow as much mobility as I can provide her.....I used to pay 350 mxp to Lake Med for the packaged plastic lines, depending on the length and 70 mxp for a small bottle of surgical grade aqua....I pay considerably less from Amazon and I am not a fan of Amazon but the quality is better than local sources and the items last much longer as well......I would be suspect buying a line via Walmart for less than $2.00 usd after conversion. Even long length aquarium airpump lines cost more than 40 mxp, but I appreciate your response.

For those not aware of the chance of infection in the lungs, great care should be taken as to the purity of the aqua added to the concentrators and the lines that provide air to the user even the filters on the concentrator must be carefully cleaned frequently.

Since my wife's condition is not unusual, especially at high altitudes....I would add that she was given three to four years to live.....ten years ago. Quality Care doctors have been very helpful....there are also very new drugs, very expensive ones, that have slowed down the damage from her condition and helped with her quality of life.

Edited by Fred Habacht
add facta
  • Like 2