Chapala.com Webboard

Windows 7 computer issue re: system image

My circa 2010 desktop Windows 7 (64 bit, 24 GB RAM) PC will not open Windows normally. I started in safe mode and tried repair methods unsuccessfully. I do have a very old system image on a partition of the hard drive, however that will not restore my current programs and files if activated.

I have not downloaded anything to this computer in the past year except Google Chrome.

Is anyone knowledgeable enough to tell me whether I might create a new system image from the current state of affairs, being in safe mode but also, obviously having a somewhat corrupted operating system? 

20 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

Two thoughts. Call Ruben at Computerland on Monday 376 765 7595

Or,  ask the question in the Ask Woody Lounge. You need to sign up in the log-in section the the right side of the page and ask your question the the Win7 section. Wonderful resource. https://www.askwoody.com/

Thanks. Since struggling for several hours, the command for creating a system image will not show so I fear a clean install is what I must do. I'm presently backing up hours of files in preparation.