Chapala.com Webboard

Zamora

HoneyBee

11 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

That is sad. Since I have my home in Michoacan on the other side of Lake Chapala Zamora is our shopping destination. There’s Walmart, Sams and other US retailers.  There’s also a bus that takes you all the way to San Antonio, TX.

Sorry about that. On a positive note, most "stuff" happens at night so I do not think it will effect your daily life. Also, I had no idea this town had so many services. I am planning a trip to check it out as am looking to relocate. (trip during the day 😊).

On 3/12/2022 at 1:44 PM, Kiko said:

The joke in Zamora is that La Llorona takes the children during the day in Zamora, but at night she goes to Jalisco to take children because Michoacan is too dangerous at night with violence.

You must be a history buff. Because I had to Google Llorona 😊 (just told all my neighbors  kids that Llorona has a scheduled visit one night this coming week).

On 3/12/2022 at 6:27 AM, HoneyBee said:

Interesting read in the Informador this morning about the town of Zamora which has the sad honor of being part of 50 cities the most violent in the world.😒 (its about 60 km from Chapala on a bird flight).

The most violent city in the world is in Mexico, according to a report

https://www.informador.mx/mexico/La-ciudad-mas-violenta-del-mundo-esta-en-Mexico-segun-informe-20220311-0081.html

List of cities by homicide rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_homicide_rate

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

You must be a history buff. Because I had to Google Llorona 😊 (just told all my neighbors  kids that Llorona has a scheduled visit one night this coming week).

Sort of an history buff.  I have friends in Zamora and I used to visit at times so I know a little of the history.  I really like the Calzada in the mornings where all the people will walk, jog, visit with each other. 

calzada.jpg.4daeda66ecd2c153753aa76379657192.jpg

Very nice.  Also their mercado is super cool and large near the Santuario which is the second largest basilica in all of the Americas.  Up front to the left of the nave where the padre speaks is a large concrete wall where the cristeros were assassinated by the Calles govt if they refused to renounce their Christian faith.  You can still see all of the bullet holes in the wall.

Facebook-Museo-De-La-Ciudad-De-Zamora-Michoacan.jpg.22c51580151fff440081177f5d9a8ff2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1