Chapala.com Webboard

Expat Experience

On 3/10/2022 at 3:50 PM, Northtek said:

Ok lets try this again as the last one went off the rails.

So how's that working out for you? LOL

Look, most people here already like it and don't need or care about yet another person who thinks they are the first (or best) to make a video of life here. Most of us would be just fine if the population leveled out and prices and traffic could stabilize. We most definitely don't want more hype that sends another wave this way. It doesn't matter if you are the best documentary filmmaker on the planet, that's not the point.

If you put aside the petty disagreements raised in this thread, that's the real rub. But if you are just going to film any way, then just do it already. Log off the forum and grab your cameras and film. Or don't. Either way, most of us don't care.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, dixonge said:

So how's that working out for you? LOL

Look, most people here already like it and don't need or care about yet another person who thinks they are the first (or best) to make a video of life here. Most of us would be just fine if the population leveled out and prices and traffic could stabilize. We most definitely don't want more hype that sends another wave this way. It doesn't matter if you are the best documentary filmmaker on the planet, that's not the point.

If you put aside the petty disagreements raised in this thread, that's the real rub. But if you are just going to film any way, then just do it already. Log off the forum and grab your cameras and film. Or don't. Either way, most of us don't care.

Its going as well as I should have expected, but I will take some of the responsibility, as I am trying to wear more hats than I should, Taking on roles that I normally dont get involved with. I went from super bored to extremely busy and though I could try and respond to this site and keep everyone updated. But that is mistake one, as I only have time to scan the post and not really respond properly. Second is I should know not to engage negative post.

But your advise is a good reminder that I need to focus on where it counts. So I am going to take it and say thanks as I should have done it sooner. As not having a crew to rely on is making me appreciate what many of them have done. 

As far as promoting the area, lets just say its not as high on the agenda as it was before, as it may have been well intended but not well received. 

• Like 1