Chapala.com Webboard

COVID test

The last time I flew to the US was just after Christmas and I needed to get a Covid-19 Antigen test. I decided to get mine at the Hospital San Antonio where my GP practices.  I phoned up several days beforehand and made an appointment for a day before my flight.

To make a long story short, it all worked out well. I got my test with negative results and I flew out the next day

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the lab just west of El Torito is still doing tests? If so, does anyone know the hours and costs?

Thanks,

Val :)

On 4/18/2022 at 11:40 PM, thevalerieleigh said:

Does anyone know if the lab just west of El Torito is still doing tests? If so, does anyone know the hours and costs?

Thanks,

Val :)

They were open and testing last Wednesday when we did our tests.  I think they open at 8.30 AM but we went at 10 AM and no wait.  It was 200 pesos.  We walked to Scallions for coffee and the results were ready 30 min. later - both hard copy and by email.  No problem being accepted by American Airlines at GDL on Thursday AM. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 9:45 AM, Oatsie said:

They were open and testing last Wednesday when we did our tests.  I think they open at 8.30 AM but we went at 10 AM and no wait.  It was 200 pesos.  We walked to Scallions for coffee and the results were ready 30 min. later - both hard copy and by email.  No problem being accepted by American Airlines at GDL on Thursday AM. 

Do you know the name of the Lab. Is it Chopo? Is it the lab that is in the little strip mall that Fed Ex, AT&T and Biencom Realty office are in? I have to get a test Wednesday morning to fly to the states to see my daughters on Thursday.

1 hour ago, LT56NY said:

Do you know the name of the Lab. Is it Chopo? Is it the lab that is in the little strip mall that Fed Ex, AT&T and Biencom Realty office are in? I have to get a test Wednesday morning to fly to the states to see my daughters on Thursday.

Correct....  It's Chopo and in the strip plaza immediately west of Marisa's and the Real Estate office.  If you click on the following link, it will show you where it is. 

You go in the very left entrance and follow the hallway to the end and turn right .  It's right there.

If you zoom in on the map view, the entrance is in front of the motorcycle.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@20.3002003,-103.2560909,3a,36.4y,185.71h,86.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7zgvSbpFToI2z3Z7EgJE0g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Like 1

Guest ended up getting his test done in the parking lot of the GDL airport. Said it took about 1 hour from start to results. We sent him with our driver with plenty of time to accomplish this task.

Cheers and wishing safety to all,

Val. :)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, InChapala1 said:

Could you confirm the price for the antigen test at Chopo was 200 pesos? I just checked their website and it shows 700 pesos. That's with a discount from regular price of 875 pesos. Here's the link: https://www.chopo.com.mx/guadalajara/prueba-de-antigeno-de-sars-cov-2-covid-19

The lab in the strip plaza near Marisa is not Chopo, it is Epsilon, and the antigen test is 200p. Results are ready in 10 to 15 minutes. 

368271921_IMG202205090949432.thumb.jpg.0a93886e1400bc468449194920a559f9.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, I too went to the Laboratorio Clinica Epsilon and the price was only $200 pesos and I had to wait some 25 minutes until I got my results. And for you old timers who remember where Lagunanet's office was. It's in the same building, but on the first floor.

• Like 1

I don’t think so as the Walmart results did not have a QR code. I was shown a copy of a test result and the page was pretty sparse compared to Walmarts result. I am travel to a country that requires test be done by certified lab health facility or hospital. Since Epsilon results could not be scanned or verified I decided to go elsewhere where a QR code is on the results. I did not see a Chopo sign anywhere and did not see it on the results. The price is 200 pesos. 

I flew to the US last Tuesday and had no problems because I used Laboratorio Clinica Epsilon.  I was never asked for a QR code, whatever that is.

.                                               ..           :)  :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, johanson said:

I was never asked for a QR code, whatever that is.

.                                               ..      

"A QR code (an initialism for quick response code) is a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional barcode) invented in 1994 by the Japanese automotive company Denso Wave. A barcode is a machine-readable optical label that can contain information about the item to which it is attached. In practice, QR codes often contain data for a locator, identifier, or tracker that points to a website or application. A QR code uses four standardized encoding modes (numeric, alphanumeric, byte/binary, and kanji) to store data efficiently; extensions may also be used."

220px-QR_code_for_mobile_English_Wikiped

33 minutes ago, johanson said:

I flew to the US last Tuesday and had no problems because I used Laboratorio Clinica Epsilon.  I was never asked for a QR code, whatever that is.

.                                               ..           :)  :) 

Ditto, except that I know about QR codes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rckrckr said:

Ditto, except that I know about QR codes. 

My response to the US---IS I got a passport and I don't got to show you no stinken badges--I would tell the US is to shove it up your aresh---HA--And PS-- the US is not going to J6 my aese---HA