Chapala.com Webboard

renew drivers license at the outlet mall

I had been told that the office for driver's license renewal was easier and faster at the outlet mall. I called for an appointment and one was available just 5 days later. My appointment was for 9:10 and I was sent instructions as to payment. I chose to pay, (from the list of offices), at the Jocotepec office on Matamoros Sud in Jocotepec...they inspected my paperwork and gave me a receipt for that and a separate receipt showing my paperwork was as required. My appointment was on time and my information was taken by an english speaking officer and 15 minutes later I had my renewal. There are benches and chairs while you wait and a copy machine if you fail to bring any copies that are required.

Negatives: Minor to non-existent

They neglected to say that I needed to wear glasses although it was stated on my expired license and there was NO eye test offered or requested.

The outlet mall is virtually deserted and there were no signs directing you to the license office.

There is a huge, empty, parking lot but it is Not free of charge.

Masks were required.

Edited by Fred Habacht
  • Like 1