Chapala.com Webboard

MX peso tanking

lakeside7

The last time I sent USD to Mexico was several years ago, and I was upset because I only got almost 21 pesos per dollar. Now it would appear that it's closer to 19.5 pesos per dollar. And I remember that i thought I wasn't getting that good of a deal.  How wrong I was.

I wonder where this is heading

Signed

Confused :( :) :( 

1 minute ago, Jreboll said:

With the US economy tanking I doubt that the dollar will strengthen from here going forward.

Agree.  Relative to the U.S. these days Mexico is considerably more fiscally responsible.  Don't be surprised if we see 15 within a year.

15 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

Does your feeble little mind ever wonder why Trump had to issue so many pardons at the end of his term.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT??? Nothing compared to Clinton!!! And what does this have to do with the devaluation of the peso here because of the financial disaster unfolding up there???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Does your feeble little mind ever wonder why Trump had to issue so many pardons at the end of his term.

Does yours wonder if this absolute mess that started NOB and is spreading around the world may be because of weakness, obvious senility and crazy bad policy?  No amount of TDS can hide that, sorry but I can understand why you don't like being reminded about it.

And you might want to look up the list of presidential pardons.  Makes your irrelevant comment look rather silly.  Pay close attention to who tops the list.  And which one term POTUS of modern times handed out three times as many pardons.

https://www.thoughtco.com/number-of-pardons-by-president-3367600

• Like 3

This from New York Magazine:

Trump has shattered norms with his willingness to brazenly use his authority to benefit friends, associates, and allies who could help his political aims. Yet, despite the personal nature of his pardon pen, he apparently began offering pardons to anyone in his vicinity after his election loss, reportedly telling one adviser he was going to pardon “every person who ever talked to me” regardless of whether they asked for one or had committed a crime.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

Trump has shattered norms with his willingness to brazenly use his authority to benefit friends, associates, and allies who could help his political aims. Yet, despite the personal nature of his pardon pen, he apparently began offering pardons to anyone in his vicinity after his election loss, reportedly telling one adviser he was going to pardon “every person who ever talked to me” regardless of whether they asked for one or had committed a crime.

Silly, silly, silly!!! from a silly discredited magazine if it was even there (no link). And again why are you tying your hardest to take this WAAAAAY off topic??? Maybe because you are one of those who agree with the 20% of those in recent polls who checked the box "Doing a good job". You have no idea of how to respond to the OP's observation about the rapid and increasing decline in the dollar value vs the peso in the past year. Just open your eyes and stay off the FAKE NEWS!!!

Ever since the Fed went into hyperdrive in money printing about 15 years ago everyone (and I mean everyone) knew that eventually this would happen. It didn’t matter who would be president, inflation and a massive market correction would happen. When Powell tried to slow down the economy Trump told him not to. Trump didn’t want the economy slowing down on his term of office. If he had won a second term this would have happened anyway.  Massive money printing has consequences!!!

12 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

Ever since the Fed went into hyperdrive in money printing about 15 years ago everyone (and I mean everyone) knew that eventually this would happen. It didn’t matter who would be president, inflation and a massive market correction would happen. When Powell tried to slow down the economy Trump told him not to. Trump didn’t want the economy slowing down on his term of office. If he had won a second term this would have happened anyway.  Massive money printing has consequences!!!

If you are selected for a new poll, please check the box: "doing a good job"!!!

Nevertheless, your post about the number of pardons was not only irrelevant it was misleading, when it comes to pardons one term Jimmy Carter beat him on the numbers by three times.  This is an equally irrelevant rant from your typical grossly biased source because the truth of it is they all use the pardon for their buddies and MOST of them used it a great deal more than Trump.  As the reference I posted shows which no doubt you would like to ignore.

You're engaging in diversion by posting such opinionated editorial crap in the hope we'll ignore the fact of the matter which is when it comes to handing out pardons, Trump was a piker and you were just engaging in TDS.  PERIOD.

And your whole post on that topic was totally irrelevant to the discussion which is the direction of the Mexican Peso.  Namely up as the dollar goes down, down, down. 

We'll see how enthusiastic you are about what you support when your cost of living here is up by 20 percent or more in a relatively short time.   At some point you will have to take responsibility for the consequences of that which you support and stop trying to dodge it with TDS.

Are you prepared for this?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

At some point you will have to take responsibility for the consequences of that which you support and stop trying to dodge it with TDS.

Sure seems like a political reference. But I guess you think US political views are okay for you to post, just not others.

18 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Nevertheless, your post about the number of pardons was not only irrelevant it was misleading, when it comes to pardons one term Jimmy Carter beat him on the numbers by three times.  This is an equally irrelevant rant from your typical grossly biased source because the truth of it is they all use the pardon for their buddies and MOST of them used it a great deal more than Trump.  As the reference I posted shows which no doubt you would like to ignore.

You're engaging in diversion by posting such opinionated editorial crap in the hope we'll ignore the fact of the matter which is when it comes to handing out pardons, Trump was a piker and you were just engaging in TDS.  PERIOD.

And your whole post on that topic was totally irrelevant to the discussion which is the direction of the Mexican Peso.  Namely up as the dollar goes down, down, down. 

We'll see how enthusiastic you are about what you support when your cost of living here is up by 20 percent or more in a relatively short time.   At some point you will have to take responsibility for the consequences of that which you support and stop trying to dodge it with TDS.

Are you prepared for this?

A lot of nonsensical blah, blah, blah.

You forgot to add Putin to your list!!! Now that trump has been vindicated from any devious Putin scandal connection he is popping up as the "boogie man" for all the huge troubles and financial disaster unravelling up there in the past 18 months!!!