Chapala.com Webboard

15 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

There is no point whatsoever in wearing a mask..

Corrected to reflect the real world.  BTW everything I posted is being confirmed by research and/or data reports overseas and in some cases by the CDC (always belatedly) itself.

:D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

There is no point whatsoever in wearing a mask if your nose is uncovered. You are disrespectful and I wouldn't be bragging about that if I were you, as if it were something funny.

Does not the Nun have a sense of humor???

16 hours ago, mudgirl said:

The manufacturers? You are talking to a professional seamstress here,  don't condescendingly explain fabrics and fibres to me. I make my own masks. They have an outside layer of tightly woven cotton, an inner layer of double woven synthetic blackout fabric that holds water, and a layer of non-woven interfacing between them.  

Since you have such qualified sources, perhaps they would like to test how much virus particles can pass through them.

"You are talking to a professional seamstress here" well there you go, I guess we should let the CDC know that they are no longer needed. I mean its too bad we didn't know this sooner, imagine all the taxpayer money we could have saved with all their scientists and extensive research, when all we had to do was visit this website.

Look if you guys want to believe that you are the only ones that have this all figured out, then by all means have at it. I can tell you that after directly speaking with the health professionals and mask manufacturers, one thing they all agreed on was this. None of them claimed to be as certain as the people here.

I also cant claim I have any answers other than what I was told, but I also dont state this statements are 100% true either. All I can say is they are 100% verifiable.

So if you think a professional seamstress is better qualified than all the regulatory bodies, leading health professionals, and agencies such as the CDC, Then God help us all.

• Like 2

Here is one thing I should say, its not a fact or any thing, this is just my personal belief. We as foreigners here in Mexico are expected to follow all local laws, guidelines, and recommendations. More so then if we were back at home. As the Mexican people have gone out of their way to welcome us and share their country, the least we can do is show respect as much as possible. 

Including Covid policies and regulations, as we need to follow them and save the protesting for back home.

• Haha 2

Also I wont be responding in this thread any more as some people here seem to just want to argue and not actually have a clear and responsible debate. So dont consider my lack of response as admission of being right or wrong, I just have better things to do with my time than entertain the idea that the self proclaimed experts here actually know what they are talking about. 

So good luck and peace out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Northtek said:

So if you think a professional seamstress is better qualified than all the regulatory bodies, leading health professionals, and agencies such as the CDC, Then God help us all.

You have a problem with reading comprehension. I said that as a professional seamstress I had far more knowledge about fabrics and fibres than you do, who kept referring to "cloth masks" as if they were some generic thing that are all alike.

And if the CDC considers one layer cotton masks to be what they based their findings on, then that has no relevancy to all the various types of cloth masks that can be made and worn.

I never professed to be a scientist who has tested what percentage of protection 10 different types of cloth masks offer. 

• Like 1

Hey MC, still pushing Hydroxy ignoring all the studies showing its potential side effects are too dangerous to overcome its questionable value? Are you pushing horse paste as well? Just wondering.

And just a quick comment about the "non practicing Dr Faucci". He is a world renown scientist who studies and evaluates the research being conducted all over the world. Are you saying that some Dr in Wichita who treated a couple dozen patients knows more about Covid???

Let's get real. The only two competent things the former guy did in relation to the Covid pandemic were setting up the Covid Task Force putting Dr Faucci in charge, and Operation Warp Speed to create a vaccine. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

You have a problem with reading comprehension. I said that as a professional seamstress I had far more knowledge about fabrics and fibres than you do, who kept referring to "cloth masks" as if they were some generic thing that are all alike.

And if the CDC considers one layer cotton masks to be what they based their findings on, then that has no relevancy to all the various types of cloth masks that can be made and worn.

I never professed to be a scientist who has tested what percentage of protection 10 different types of cloth masks offer. 

Ok sorry I couldn't let that pass without comment. One I never claimed superior knowledge, I was just conveying what I was told by experts in the field. secondly, to claim you have more knowledge than anyone else is ridiculous, as you have no idea what knowledge others have. Thirdly, it obvious that you are making masks and with that probably selling them so any comment you make is tainted by the simple fact that it benefits you financially.

Also the manufacture of N95 Masks is a complicated process with clean rooms and sterilized equipment that cost millions of dollars and no where in the process a seamstress was found. Because if 3M could make these makes by hiring a seamstress, they would, but they haven't because they cant be made by a seamstress.

Lastly if you categorize your mask as a cloth mask then it is you that is lumping yourself in a generic category. If that offends you then say you dont make cloth masks and say you make a hybrid ones. 

So it not that I have a problem with reading comprehension, its more that you feel your livelihood is threatened so you are taking things personally.

20 hours ago, mudgirl said:

The manufacturers? You are talking to a professional seamstress here,  don't condescendingly explain fabrics and fibres to me. I make my own masks. They have an outside layer of tightly woven cotton, an inner layer of double woven synthetic blackout fabric that holds water, and a layer of non-woven interfacing between them.  

Since you have such qualified sources, perhaps they would like to test how much virus particles can pass through them.

Seamstress surly you don't mean that you have the materials research staff that manufactures have available so you?

Just because you can sew two pieces of cloth together does not mean you have any inside knowledge about fabrics woven or formed by compression.

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

Hey MC, still pushing Hydroxy ignoring all the studies showing its potential side effects are too dangerous to overcome its questionable value? Are you pushing horse paste as well? Just wondering.

And just a quick comment about the "non practicing Dr Faucci". He is a world renown scientist who studies and evaluates the research being conducted all over the world. Are you saying that some Dr in Wichita who treated a couple dozen patients knows more about Covid???

Let's get real. The only two competent things the former guy did in relation to the Covid pandemic were setting up the Covid Task Force putting Dr Faucci in charge, and Operation Warp Speed to create a vaccine. 

Dr. F. is a government employee, albeit a highly paid one, but how did he end up a multi millionaire??? Could it be that he is in charge of allocating BILLIONS of government grants including the one to the China lab that let loose this pandemic that has engulfed the world???

Inquiring minds want to know, but of course the MSM seems not to care!!!  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Dr. F. is a government employee, albeit a highly paid one, but how did he end up a multi millionaire??? Could it be that he is in charge of allocating BILLIONS of government grants including the one to the China lab that let loose this pandemic that has engulfed the world???

I thought you unfettered capitalists would be cheering him.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Northtek said:

Thirdly, it obvious that you are making masks and with that probably selling them so any comment you make is tainted by the simple fact that it benefits you financially.

Obvious? How presumptuous. No, I have not made any masks to sell, I made them for myself. I'm an upholsterer and far too busy to sit around making items to sell for a couple of bucks.

So all of your post above is based on a false premise concocted in your mind. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geeser said:

you don't mean that you have the materials research staff that manufactures have available so you?

Just because you can sew two pieces of cloth together does not mean you have any inside knowledge about fabrics woven or formed by compression.

Another person with poor reading comprehension. I didn't profess to have any inside knowledge of such things, did I? I didn't compare the efficacy of other types of masks compared to the masks I have made, did I? All I did was point out that "cloth" is a generic term and one can't compare a "cloth" mask to any other kind of mask without knowing what type of cloth one is referring to, how many layers are used, etc. 

People are here quoting all sorts of scientific studies, then unscientifically refer to a "cloth mask" as if that is something standard. 

32 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

I thought you untethered capitalists would be cheering him.

Like most capitalist Conservatives, I am also a law and order guy and believe in a small but efficient government. "The Swamp" up there is filled with people like Dr. F, ripping off the taxpayers left and right. And how about all of those "progressive" DA's up there springing career criminals with arm length records including murder on bail (or even no bail) to be able to go out and attack and kill innocent Asian women and others!!! Are you watching real news or just fascinated by FAKE NEWS!!!   

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

I thought you unfettered capitalists would be cheering him.

"DR. " Fuchi"  is a mass murderer with his gain of function witches brew that the US patent office has given him   the go ahead to gain millions with the license to kill with all his labs in Ukrain,China,etc., !!!

18 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Another person with poor reading comprehension. I didn't profess to have any inside knowledge of such things, did I? I didn't compare the efficacy of other types of masks compared to the masks I have made, did I? All I did was point out that "cloth" is a generic term and one can't compare a "cloth" mask to any other kind of mask without knowing what type of cloth one is referring to, how many layers are used, etc. 

People are here quoting all sorts of scientific studies, then unscientifically refer to a "cloth mask" as if that is something standard. 

maybe nobody cares to read your babble with careful comprehension--

22 hours ago, gringohombre said:

still pushing the paste crap--A pill for humans was approved back in 1996--You don't hear about that--there's no money in that--It's been generic years ago--no money in that--Follow the money and here  we go--"" the jab-now that's the ticket--"billions for big farma" ---"FOLLOW THE MONEY" !!!!!!!!!

On 3/19/2022 at 4:51 PM, Northtek said:

Ok sorry I couldn't let that pass without comment. One I never claimed superior knowledge, I was just conveying what I was told by experts in the field. secondly, to claim you have more knowledge than anyone else is ridiculous, as you have no idea what knowledge others have. Thirdly, it obvious that you are making masks and with that probably selling them so any comment you make is tainted by the simple fact that it benefits you financially.

Also the manufacture of N95 Masks is a complicated process with clean rooms and sterilized equipment that cost millions of dollars and no where in the process a seamstress was found. Because if 3M could make these makes by hiring a seamstress, they would, but they haven't because they cant be made by a seamstress.

Lastly if you categorize your mask as a cloth mask then it is you that is lumping yourself in a generic category. If that offends you then say you dont make cloth masks and say you make a hybrid ones. 

So it not that I have a problem with reading comprehension, its more that you feel your livelihood is threatened so you are taking things personally.

You want the perfect mask? no fabric known to man can stop a virus--I know what can !!!!--Try putting a plastic bag over your head-HA

On 3/19/2022 at 1:19 PM, gringohombre said:

I was in line the other day at IShop, standing on my distance line and the woman in front turned to me and indicated to me by her hand to move my mask up over my nose. Now, sometimes I have slight sinus problems that hinders my breathing so bring it down in situations where I have distance. Thinking fast, I moved my hand up as if to adjust the mask, but in the process had my middle finger extended and simply touched my mask without moving it. You should have seen the look she gave me!!!!

Good move Bro--Little fascists like that; like to catch you off guard--Half the population of the world needs some attitude adjustment--HA

On 3/19/2022 at 1:44 PM, Mainecoons said:

Corrected to reflect the real world.  BTW everything I posted is being confirmed by research and/or data reports overseas and in some cases by the CDC (always belatedly) itself.

:D 

then why does it say on the box-"DOES NOT PROTECT FROM VIRUSES"--Who's research?---A bunch of shills !!---HA

On 3/19/2022 at 1:29 PM, mudgirl said:

There is no point whatsoever in wearing a mask if your nose is uncovered. You are disrespectful and I wouldn't be bragging about that if I were you, as if it were something funny.

There is no point of wearing a mask; period!--Haven't you been listening-- Fuchi--says--"wear a mask!-don't wear a mask--flipp flopping all the way--now I bet he has stock in masks--He now says wear a mask; two; three-to infinity--after all; he believes he is science -a "GOD"!!---Again; "FOLLOW THE MONEY"---!

On 3/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, Northtek said:

Here is one thing I should say, its not a fact or any thing, this is just my personal belief. We as foreigners here in Mexico are expected to follow all local laws, guidelines, and recommendations. More so then if we were back at home. As the Mexican people have gone out of their way to welcome us and share their country, the least we can do is show respect as much as possible. 

Including Covid policies and regulations, as we need to follow them and save the protesting for back home.

Mexicans brought out the welcome wagon  ? " get real hombre-they are in it for the money. What's the truth!!!--Mexico's number one source of income ?

#1--tourisim 

# 2-Mexicans sending money home to Mama-

# 3-oil

# 4-Avocados--etc.

On 3/19/2022 at 4:48 PM, MtnMama said:

On 3/19/2022 at 1:19 PM, gringohombre said:

I was in line the other day at IShop, standing on my distance line and the woman in front turned to me and indicated to me by her hand to move my mask up over my nose. Now, sometimes I have slight sinus problems that hinders my breathing so bring it down in situations where I have distance. Thinking fast, I moved my hand up as if to adjust the mask, but in the process had my middle finger extended and simply touched my mask without moving it. You should have seen the look she gave me!!!!