Chapala.com Webboard

19 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

All the cloth ones are good for is to give you a false sense of security. 

19 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

d others if it isn't worn with a tight enough fit.  I doubt that most people wear it 100% correctly anyhow. The mistake usually is making it loose enough to feel comfortable and in effect allowing germs to pour out of the sides into other people's faces.  Another example of false security.

18 hours ago, Northtek said:

But they have the big issue in that it gives people a false sense of security of that  they are protected and not passing on the virus. Which is absolutely not true. 

18 hours ago, Northtek said:

Sporting cloth and surgical masks only promote the misconception they work.

Ignorance on full display here. 

What is "cloth?" That is a generic term for many different types of materials, from loosely woven cotton to outdoor fabric which water doesn't not go through. 

How much sense would it make, Northtek, to make some blanket statement about "cameras" and how well they work, as if a throwaway drugstore camera and your pro camera equipment are exactly the same?

And for the other poster- pointing out that something doesn't work as intended if it isn't used as intended is rather obvious and pointless to mention. That people don't wear masks properly and extrapolating from that that therefore masks are  useless, is cognitively impaired thinking. Or rather lack of thinking.

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

What is "cloth?" That is a genetic term for many different types of materials, from loosely woven cotton to outdoor fabric which water doesn't not go through. 

How much sense would it make, Northtek, to make some blanket statement about "cameras" and how well they work, as if a throwaway drugstore camera and your pro camera equipment are exactly the same?

And for the other poster- pointing out that something doesn't work as intended if it isn't used as intended is rather obvious and pointless to mention. That people don't wear masks properly and extrapolating from that that therefore masks are  useless, is cognitively impaired thinking. Or rather lack of thinking.

Well Mudgirl if you are implying that you are better informed than the manufactures then I think that those that listen to you may need a better source. 

I really have to admit it surprises me how many people believe they have all the answers when they do a google search. I Had to go there, speak with the leaders in the field, experts, and been there in person. Even with all that, I cant claim to be an expert. The understanding and research of these people that make the masks is more extensive than sewing a couple of sheets of cloth together. Most of what I was show was so technical in nature, it would take hours to explain.

But hey if you dont believe me then check out the CDC as they have full reports on masks. If that isn't enough, Research the 100 plus hours of Dr. Fauci as he directly said what the effectiveness is and that cloth masks probable need up to 5 layers before they are safe.

People wonder why I gave up on the news. Well I will give you a hint,  its because regardless of the interviews with the Top professionals in the field, being on the ground seeing things in person, gathering all the research, it always some one that does a couple of google searches that claims to be the expert. 

I was there in person, seen it, lived it and I still dont understand it all. So if you want to put all your faith in armchair critics, then the best of luck to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Isn't cloth made from fibres always porous anyways?

Here's the thing, cloth masks are made from mostly cotton fibers, but N95 masks are made from a blown synthetic fiber, because of the way the fibers are blown into a mold and compacted under immense pressure, they link together in a way cloth cant, plus because the are synthetic, they also develop a static charge with in the layers that attract particles and locks them in. This can only be done with this material and not cloth as the cloth fibers are too big.

Unfortunately, the materials needed all come from china now and during the pandemic, china refused to allow any to leave the country. Which is why they said better than nothing masks will have to do.

You cant find this info on a google search, you need to go there to completely get it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

I never make blanket statements as they are far more misleading that most even know, but I dont make any statement unless I have absolute documented records of there veracity. I have to operate under CRTC guidelines that state unless all statements are 100% verifiable, I could be sued out of existence. So anything and everything I state online has to conform to ethical standards and rules of operation. Unfortunately politicians are not bound to this and practice a form of fact omission that the press cant get away with. That's why all newscasters are commentators now and only offer "their opinion".

That's why I have never released anything on Ukraine, The truckers Protest, or the Covid crises here, because the stuff you dont know is far worse than what is shown in the news and I am not about to lose my career trying to explain things that the majority of people are just not ready to hear.

We all know about the shortages of PPE in the early stages of the pandemic. The health care workers needed them and understandably so. So, is something better than nothing? Yes. My cloth masks are three layers thick. Two tightly woven cotton layers with a filter in the middle. They also fit very well. I trust my masks better than any counterfeit KN95 or N95 and there are plenty of those out there. 

It was an interesting study to read but did not address the above nor did it address what happens when TWO people have a conversation and BOTH are wearing good quality cloth masks. Add to that... 1) you were supposed to stay six feet away from the closest person and 2) you were to also follow rules about where you went and with whom you associated and 3) it would be prudent to get vaccinated when the vaccines became available.

Invariably, many who are anti-mask are anti anything that they are told to do even if it means their own or anyone else's health and well being. It's all about themselves and nobody else. Que lastima.

• Like 1

Ferret I can assure you most aren't doing that anymore if they ever consistently did.  Most are out living their lives like normal and the masks are coming off vaxxed or non-vaxxed.  Most realistic people have learned to live with it and are no longer worried or afraid anymore.  They are just going on with life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northtek said:

Well Mudgirl if you are implying that you are better informed than the manufactures

1 hour ago, Northtek said:

Here's the thing, cloth masks are made from mostly cotton fibers,

The manufacturers? You are talking to a professional seamstress here,  don't condescendingly explain fabrics and fibres to me. I make my own masks. They have an outside layer of tightly woven cotton, an inner layer of double woven synthetic blackout fabric that holds water, and a layer of non-woven interfacing between them.  

Since you have such qualified sources, perhaps they would like to test how much virus particles can pass through them.

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Ferret I can assure you most aren't doing that anymore if they ever consistently did.  Most are out living their lives like normal and the masks are coming off vaxxed or non-vaxxed.  Most realistic people have learned to live with it and are no longer worried or afraid anymore.  They are just going on with life.

Whatever you want to believe. It has been painfully slow getting back to even where we were last December 20th before Omicron. I will continue to take precautions and continue to observe the trends. The trends because we absolutely know that the official Covid stats here are B.S.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/heres-covid-19-numbers-telling-234259644.html

5 hours ago, mudgirl said:

What is "cloth?" That is a genetic term for many different types of materials, from loosely woven cotton to outdoor fabric which water doesn't not go through. 

Read the box !--not intended for viruses--HA

3 hours ago, Northtek said:

I never make blanket statements as they are far more misleading that most even know, but I dont make any statement unless I have absolute documented records of there veracity. I have to operate under CRTC guidelines that state unless all statements are 100% verifiable, I could be sued out of existence. So anything and everything I state online has to conform to ethical standards and rules of operation. Unfortunately politicians are not bound to this and practice a form of fact omission that the press cant get away with. That's why all newscasters are commentators now and only offer "their opinion".

That's why I have never released anything on Ukraine, The truckers Protest, or the Covid crises here, because the stuff you dont know is far worse than what is shown in the news and I am not about to lose my career trying to explain things that the majority of people are just not ready to hear.

Bla, bla, bla!!!

• Like 2

I am only speaking of personal experience of living IN Chapala and walking the streets daily and spending abundant amounts of time on the Chapala malecón.  I have not been to Ajijic in over 2 years.  I hear that things are different over there.  I have heard that there almost everyone wears face masks everywhere all the time.  And if you are caught on the side walks sans face mask they are literally capable of confronting you or either spitting on you.  I am not sure how the latter is done while wearing a face mask.  But here in Chapala things are much more laid back and civil.  Now, few people, expats and Mexicans a like, wear the face mask in stores, on the streets or on the male.  And I have never seen a confrontation here like you hear about in Ajijic.  The ugly Americans and Canadians are loud there.  I am just glad to reside with the Mexicanos here in Chapala.

One confrontation with a very out of control woman in San Antonio Tlayacapan. Have there been others? And face masks are still required to enter stores or restaurants in San Antonio and Riberas del Pilar and, I believe, Ajijic and Jocotepec. Signs posted. Not in Chapala? 

In the Oxxos and Soriana yes.  Face masks are required but in most restaurants busineses and tienditas not so much.  It is very lax.  Depends on the establishment.  The cremery behind the plaza which is owned by Gourmet Garage has just dropped the face mask mandate.  Farmacia Ahorros now does not require masks.  Mr. Bull doesn't require them.  When the workers don't wear one I don't put one on either. Most people in Chapala are not wearing them anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

When the workers don't wear one I don't put one on either.

That is exactly how my friend in Jocotepec caught Covid. He's still suffering and his wife died from it, intubated in a Guadalajara Hospital.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

That is exactly how my friend in Jocotepec caught Covid. He's still suffering and his wife died from it, intubated in a Guadalajara Hospital.

Too bad they weren't able to avail themselves of early treatment and preventives that have proven successful around the world.  Also, as continued to be proven by studies done mostly away from the U.S. and outside of the influence of big pharma, masks as actually made and used in the real world don't do squat.

The average Mexican isn't going to either buy those expensive N95 masks nor use them properly.  That is reality.  The what and how if any of what they wear is nothing more than virtual signaling.  This is true for the most part of the expat community as well.  It is easy to confirm this, just look around when out of the home and in public.

So now after several years we have revelations from the CDC the vaccines don't prevent getting or transmitting covid, don't last very long, are much less effective against later generations of covid and all that is left is the claim, not really documented by rigorous study, that they make the disease less severe. 

On top of that, the evidence is rapidly growing the side effects are much more prevalent and severe than reported by the same sources under the thumb of big pharma.  Again, one has to look overseas to see credible reports and investigations of these, which far exceed those of all previous "vaccines" at least the ones that weren't removed from the market because of excess side effects.

We the uninformed knew all of this quite some time ago while those who consider themselves informed and who continued to follow the discredited seem to be the last to know everything real about covid and how effective all of these repressive and damaging "protocols" really are.  Right now there are huge new outbreaks in countries and places like Korea and Hong Kong where vaccination and mask wearing is almost universal.

This whole sad scene is a graphic demonstration of what happens when politics interferes in medicine and science and what happens when big pharma, big government and big media are in bed with each other.   

Meanwhile, I see the High Priest of the Covid Religion, the non practicing bureaucrat "Doctor" Fauci, is threatening to redo the entire debacle of fake and destructive policies all over again.  Fortunately, with the exception of the sheeple, it seems most of the planet has had quite enough of it and will not tolerate a return.  

For those of you who continue to get their "information" from the corrupt and incompetent U.S. MSM, I suggest a simple exercise of looking up just how much money big pharma has funneled to them.  Once you understand that, hopefully you will turn to better and almost exclusively, international sources.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You are such an unfortunate fountain of misinformation that it's pathetic. I would have preferred to just laugh at you like Zipit but I'm out of reactions AGAIN. Why don't you do something useful that you CAN control like the stupidity of limiting reactions on this forum. I've only been asking for FOUR years.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

You are such an unfortunate fountain of misinformation that it's pathetic. I would have preferred to just laugh at you like Zipit but I'm out of reactions AGAIN. Why don't you do something useful that you CAN control like the stupidity of limiting reactions on this forum. I've only been asking for FOUR years.

Using a cheap handheld calculator will let you know how many reactions you have left any given day. You're welcome.

14 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

What I want to know is how much oxygen can pass through them.

Why are so many people too lazy to do their own research before posting some ignorant comment? 

Oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules are infintisemal compared to virus particles and easily pass through a mask. 

"Am I in danger of breathing in too much carbon dioxide from wearing a mask? 

No. Let’s talk about size again. Remember how the coronavirus is about 0.1 microns wide? A molecule of carbon dioxide is about 0.00033 microns wide, and oxygen is about the same—almost a thousand times smaller. No molecule that small will get trapped in a mask. To help us picture the difference, let’s estimate that the period you see at the end of this sentence is about 1 millimeter wide. If we pretend that the period represents a molecule of oxygen or carbon dioxide, then the virus would be about the size of a meterstick! "

5 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Why are so many people too lazy to do their own research before posting some ignorant comment? 

Oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules are infintisemal compared to virus particles and easily pass through a mask. 

"Am I in danger of breathing in too much carbon dioxide from wearing a mask? 

No. Let’s talk about size again. Remember how the coronavirus is about 0.1 microns wide? A molecule of carbon dioxide is about 0.00033 microns wide, and oxygen is about the same—almost a thousand times smaller. 

Thanks for the information about size of the virus compared to oxygen and carbon dioxide. I had no idea there was such a size difference.

2 minutes ago, johanson said:

Thanks for the information about size of the virus compared to oxygen and carbon dioxide. I had no idea there was such a size difference.

Yes, it's been part of the anti-maskers' false claims, based on ignorance or deliberate misinformation, that wearing a mask will make you sick because it limits your oxygen supply and you're breathing your own carbon dioxide. Totally false.

12 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

I am only speaking of personal experience of living IN Chapala and walking the streets daily and spending abundant amounts of time on the Chapala malecón.  I have not been to Ajijic in over 2 years.  I hear that things are different over there.  I have heard that there almost everyone wears face masks everywhere all the time.  And if you are caught on the side walks sans face mask they are literally capable of confronting you or either spitting on you.  I am not sure how the latter is done while wearing a face mask.  But here in Chapala things are much more laid back and civil.  Now, few people, expats and Mexicans a like, wear the face mask in stores, on the streets or on the male.  And I have never seen a confrontation here like you hear about in Ajijic.  The ugly Americans and Canadians are loud there.  I am just glad to reside with the Mexicanos here in Chapala.

I was in line the other day at IShop, standing on my distance line and the woman in front turned to me and indicated to me by her hand to move my mask up over my nose. Now, sometimes I have slight sinus problems that hinders my breathing so bring it down in situations where I have distance. Thinking fast, I moved my hand up as if to adjust the mask, but in the process had my middle finger extended and simply touched my mask without moving it. You should have seen the look she gave me!!!!