Chapala.com Webboard

Wanted Someone to fly with my dog to Toronto end of April to mid May

I need someone to fly with a small dog (slightly too large for in cabin-needs to be checked in) from Guadaljara to Toronto towards end of April to mid May. My son will meet and take dog. Dog weighs about 20 pounds. Am will to pay bonus plus all transportation fees.

I am flying Delta (with my other dog in cabin) and they do not accept checked pets in luggage area at this time only in cabin dogs and she is just a bit too big for this.

Robert 33-1347-3176

Is this an adoption in progress?   Or a widowed dog / or a dog that was just abandoned?

If so, one of the local dog rescues has a Flight Angels programme. 

Basically your dog will be sent with a volunteer who's also bringing other dogs to meet their adopters waiting at the Canadian airport.  Perhaps contact them and see if they would be willing to help you for a fee, if you're able to wait for their next trip?  They serve Toronto.  

Background: We learned this because our household is in the progress of seeking to adopt 2 dogs in the next couple months, and we learned about the Flight Angels programme.  (Even though I wasn't planning to use the program, I was informed of it).  Our goal is to adopt an older dog and a younger/puppy.  Also, we are the godfathers to a local friend's very adorable dog who we dogsit often and walks up the mountain often. 

1 hour ago, Dostortas said:

Im guessing there’s some snowbirds from Canada that drove here and may be heading back north in the spring.  Perhaps you can find one that would be willing to transport your dog back with them in their car.  

...as if Canada needs more dogs from Mexico.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

...as if Canada needs more dogs from Mexico.

I don't know the dog rescue situation in various parts of Canada, but I had an Airbnb guest a few years ago who comes down to the PV area on holiday almost every winter, and is connected with several rescue centers in the area. She brings dogs back to Portland, Ore. where she lives and the already arranged adoptive dog owners meet her at the airport.

When I said to her that surely there must be unwanted dogs that need adopting in Portland, she said no. That because people up north are responsible about getting their pets spayed and neutered, there is way more demand for rescue dogs than supply. People want a dog, but they don't want to buy from a breeder or pet store- they want to give a dog who really needs it a good home. 

I certainly don't see any stray, sad looking dogs who need homes running around when I go to Canada in the summer. 

• Like 2

Are you offering to pay fees and costs for your dog or for anyone willing to make the trip? I'm assuming you are looking for a Canadian returning home and are willing to pay fees, etc., associated with the extra cost of the dog. 

If Canada lets me in, (US Citizen) 1 vax no boosters, I'd make the trip for you. 

I think it will be a matter of figuring out how to get the dog into a carrier that will go under the seat in-cabin. The usual maximum weight is around 20 pounds so find the biggest carrier designed for airline travel and see if the dog will fit.

I found this: The recommended maximum dimensions for soft-sided kennels are 18 inches long x 11 inches wide x 11 inches high (46 cm x 28 cm x 28 cm). Soft-sided pet carriers can exceed these dimensions slightly because they are collapsible and able to fit underneath a seat without blocking the aisle.