Chapala.com Webboard

Gourmet garage expanding in Riberas

sm1mex

5 hours ago, rafterbr said:

Store is East of the Pemex in Riberas, About 5 stores east of Pemex.  Good selection but prices are terrible.  Pancho's is cheaper and not far from the Garage.  

You got that right and Panchos is waaay more consumer friendly and greater selection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fred Habacht said:

The Garage thinks higher prices and outright rudeness will rule the day.....I think, NOT!

Can you state an example of rudeness that you have personally observed? I frequent The Garage probably more than Pancho's just for particular items that I know they have and are easy to find. It's also faster getting in and out. I have never found the employees to be rude or unhelpful in any way.

It's also silly to complain that the Garage doesn't have the same size selection when the store is 5 times smaller. We should be rooting for more specialty shops to open, the more competition the better. If a store can't provide what we need or has bad customer service they won't stay open long. If the GG is expanding they must be doing something right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The partner that operates it can be very rude[not an observation but an experience +] and thanks to her the Cremeria[sic] in Chapala customers have been relegated to second thoughts even though they got the whole thing started. Thankfully I get delivery from two producer/suppliers of fresh who she also turned off. One or 2 cars parked there while there are always a bunch in front of Panchos tells ya something-eh! Who misses the Bavarian soft pretzels?

pedro kertesz

pretzels how to eat.jpg

If we could only get to them in a timely manner. Just hope there is a sufficient customer base to support them

Pancho, love of or hate him, there is something "magical" about him and he seems always be in the store if you wish to speak with him. If he was in the USA he would be a millionaire ..maybe he is already

• Like 2

I think it is nice that we have options. I admit I went there only one time. They didn't have what I wanted but I saw a lot of high priced items with brands I wasn't familiar with. I buy very few imported products and probably won't go back even though I live a few blocks away.