Chapala.com Webboard

Bicycle, solar, revolution

GDouglas, I am enjoying your cogent, intelligent style of writing. Don't let anyone change your style. Because people are too lazy to read, is not your fault. Mexico has one of the lowest per capita reading rates in the world, and I have been hearing for 30 years now - Oh THAT forum, it is overstocked with drunks, goofs, and wierdos.

I recommend, for you, a social group here called Open Circle, which draws together people from many diverse backgrounds. Interesting talks on many things and opinions. If you choose a freeform blog or podcasts, I would be interested in that too.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Don't let anyone change your style.

Not trying to change it.    Just take it elsewhere.     This is a web-board for succinct local info, not for pages of rambling blah blah blah, and most of which I have read from him is actually not technically correct or as "new" as he or she thinks it is.        

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

It's perfectly possible to write cogently and intelligently and concisely.  It isn't necessary to go on for a full page to share information or make a point. 

The OP here and who he is praising are 2 peas in a pod, so I'm not surprised. Long-winded posts going off on bizarre tangents, with a lot of ego thrown in the mix. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Not trying to change it.    Just take it elsewhere.     This is a web-board for succinct local info, not for pages of rambling blah blah blah, and most of which I have read from him is actually not technically correct or as "new" as he or she thinks it is.        

Then put him on ignore and stop trying to censor anyone who doesn't agree with your views.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, mudgirl said:

It's perfectly possible to write cogently and intelligently and concisely.  It isn't necessary to go on for a full page to share information or make a point. 

On 3/1/2022 at 3:17 PM, virgo lady said:

Not trying to change it.    Just take it elsewhere. 

NO - I will be staying around...

While I realize some people hate long messages and some people like long messages, here is a perspective:

People in real life like me because I post big, and I bring big cheer to many lives in the real world, including through the time-saving manuals I write in real life. 

There are many existing people here afraid to disagree with you (because they don't want to alert you with a Reaction, so only people who agree with you are reacting to you). 

Also, because of my old field of work, I have always posted big -- I earned more because of my ability to output lots of English at 140 words per minute.  With due respect, I am not reducing the size of my posts here.  I might use Grammarly to reduce fluff words, but it will only reduce the size of my posts by a few %.

If you think I am a troll, follow the old adage, "don't feed the troll", and also, "use the ignore list feature" on these forums.
With due respect, you can just use these tools.

You can yes-people amongst yourselves, but I also have my fans too -- some of whom is silenced by the likes of you. 
This forum has no 140-charater or 280-character limitation like the kindergarten bird app (aka "Twitter").

It is already well known that the owner of the web boards can't really easily quickly ban neither you nor me because all of us are customers of the sponsor, Caldwell Banker, and that Caldwell Banker would lose business (and the real estate commissions) if they started banning many members.  However, these forums nicely provided a feature that allows you to mute members onto an ignore list.

Reactions Only Amplify Participation Because Of Alerts

In addition, any reactions or request to shorten my posts will simply amplify my participation in these forums, as an equivalent of a Striesand Effect↗️ because your replies and reactions alerts notifies my smartwatch on my wrist as all my emails/texts show up on my watch.  I might ignore your post or your reaction, but since I'll be back on the site, I might end up participating more often in other threads because your reaction alert brought me back here. 

It's just Notifications 101, so if you personally think I am a troll (not everyone does, but you might), the old Internet adage is "don't feed the troll" if you think I am a troll from your perspective. So it's useless to react to my posts if you don't like me, or my content, or my length of my posts. Unless you secretly enjoy seeing me keep posting, despite publicly saying you don't want me to post long replies.

Since I am self employed, and we have a zero-mortgage zero-rent house now, I have plenty of time to kill.  Since I type 140 words per minute, I have no desire to shorten my posts. Therefore, I humbly and politely suggest that @mudgirl and @virgo lady put me on their Ignore List. 

(To be fair, I use Twitter too, under other accounts including some community accounts back in Canada, for things like promoting a park community events and gaming/computer club events.)

</🎤>

On 3/2/2022 at 7:54 AM, Mainecoons said:

Then put him on ignore and stop trying to censor anyone who doesn't agree with your views.

WINNER!  Thanks Trophy awarded 🏆

Thank youi.

(Aside: The Golf Cart thread is now toxic waste contaminated by a puppet that probably has the IP address of a VPN still accessible to Russia instead of Telmex/Totalplay.  That thread should probably be closed in the name of security and peace, or thread moved to the moderator's preferred pandora box forum next to the other "famous" threads.  At least it's confined to one ignorable thread and I will focus on other existing/new threads..)

To help other readers of this thread learn how to block me, allow me to help.
(I used to write instruction manuals as one of my many careers, and was paid six figures USD & CAD for it!)

Instructions: How To Block GDouglas

1. For Computer/Tablet: Click your username at the upper-right corner.
    For Smartphone: Tap menu ☰ icon and then tap "Account"

2. Select "Ignored Users"

3. Enter "GDouglas" and then tap the Enter key.

4. All my posts will disappear from your eyes*
    *Note: Even though my posts and my reactions to your posts will be muted for you, they will still be visible to others.

image.png.2ad72c9f78088fcdbcbde3326a678a01.png

Accessibility Shortcut Link:
If you are using an accessibility device that doesn't work with above instructions, open this link to go directly to the "Add Ignored User"  page.

On 3/1/2022 at 1:11 PM, CHILLIN said:

GDouglas, I am enjoying your cogent, intelligent style of writing. Don't let anyone change your style. Because people are too lazy to read, is not your fault. Mexico has one of the lowest per capita reading rates in the world, and I have been hearing for 30 years now - Oh THAT forum, it is overstocked with drunks, goofs, and wierdos.

I recommend, for you, a social group here called Open Circle, which draws together people from many diverse backgrounds. Interesting talks on many things and opinions. If you choose a freeform blog or podcasts, I would be interested in that too.

Thank you!  Tip is noted.

It is true that I will not be adjusting the size of my posts in those situations where a big post is (in my own mind) warranted. 

Some of mine are small, and others of mine are big.

My typing speed leads to big posts that served me well in other industries, and it's not a habit I plan to change...

3 hours ago, GDouglas said:

Snip,.....

My typing speed leads to big posts that served me well in other industries, and it's not a habit I plan to change...

Is there a chance you will be going back to any of those other industries soon?

Asking for a friend.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

Is there a chance you will be going back to any of those other industries soon?

Asking for a friend.

Haha.

I'm still in the industry, albiet part time -- I do remote work on my preferred hours.

I'm retired from office cubicles but I work remotely on hours I set, as I still do so. 

Mainly to do things like save extra investments and stocks, fund extra vacations, possible summer property in Canada, help some local Mexican friends finish school (ongoing), etc.  Being covered for the base of my life, it just merely simply mean I no longer have to live paycheck to paycheck anymore.  

4 hours ago, GDouglas said:

It is true that I will not be adjusting the size of my posts in those situations where a big post is (in my own mind) warranted. 

Some of mine are small, and others of mine are big.

Quality and brevity and quality counts.    Check Ferret's type of posts.    

Yours are epic fails.

55 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Quality and brevity and quality counts.   

It's hard to list all your accomplishments and expertise and advice and history in dealing with a certain type of issue, and also fully express one's arrogance and inflated sense of self briefly, I suppose.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

How can we say we miss you, if you never go away?

I never said anything about "how can we say we miss you

Perhaps that was your attempt to move the goalposts, virgo lady...

I merely simply said a very true fact, which I will rephrase more clearly: "There exist people who like my posts, while there exist people who don't like my posts."

That is different from interpreting it as "how can we say we miss you".

58 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

My personal opinion is that yours are epic fails.

Fixed that for you.

Here's a safe zone for you where I've disabled notifications, if you would like to post a disagreement with me there with your total glee:
(90% full of photo, very few words)

• Sad 1