Chapala.com Webboard

Airport to Riberas taxi question

Natasha

This from my sister in Canada re: a friend of hers coming in September (zero Spanish).

Would you please go on Chapala.com and find out the cost of a taxi from the airport to Riberas these days? Can you just get a taxi out at the taxi stand to go to lakeside or do you have to book it somehow?

I have no clue. Current info please? GRacias

Go to the taxi booth in the terminal near the exit doors; just tell them Riberas; the guy will tell you how much; it used to be 440 pesos to Ajijic.

You can pay with credit card.

Then go outside with your slip and someone will help you to line up or directly into a cab.

The driver probably doesn't speak English; best to print out directions in Spanish to give to the driver.

• Like 1

I got an airport taxi to Riberas 3 months ago.  The taxi driver did not know where Riberas was but other drivers told him it was between Chapala and Ajijic.  Cost was 450 pesos and I tipped him another 50 pesos when I got here.  It was 1 pm at night and I was surprised at the number of taxis they had.  Out1 directions are good but I paid with pesos as there is exchange office beside taxi ticket office.  Exchange rate they give is terrible so I only got a few pesos.

On Monday we paid 460 to Chapala. Give your sister the address to give to the taxi driver, I suggest in large print,if it's dark the small print is hard to read and I think many drivers need glasses. Any the drivers have some location app like.  WAZE which will pin point your location

We were recently in CANCUN and the taxi from airport th hotels are outrageously expensive and quoted in dollars. If you tell them you you want Mexicano prices they simply do the exchange to Peso the just qoute the current  ex rate!! No Uber services