Chapala.com Webboard

THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON'T THEY? (Seeking lady co-moderator for panel discussions)

Eric Blair

BACKGROUND

When I arrived here 19-years ago, I “discovered” Open Circle and went to some presentations. I thought that it would be it would also be nice to have something more interactive.

I met Susan Freud, a smart lady, and we talked about having panel discussions. The idea was to have a topic and a panel of “Experts.” The format would vary but the idea would be for a topic to be presented, and then members of the audience would query a panel member on his/her input.

Our panel members, depending on the subject, included Rabbi Philip Posner, Sabrina Hood, a reporter from the Guadalajara Reporter and others.

Depending on the subject matter, the panel members would include an ethicist, someone in the medical field, and an “average” Joe or Jane from the community.

We got the Nueva Posada to let us use their indoor dining area. There was a $20.00(that's pesos) fee which went 100% to Nueva Posada which provided coffee and Tea.

I don’t recall all the topics, I think we did 4 or 5 before Susan left. I recall four specific topics:

1. “THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON’T THEY?

2. THE CASE FOR ASSISTED SUICIDE.”

3. “SENIOR SEX, USE IT TO LOSE IT.”  

4. “THE ARAB ISRALI DISPUTE FROM A DIFFERENT SET OF EYES.”

The Chapala Reporter gave us free coverage. The turnouts were great. One was SRO  - -Really.

CURRENTLY WHAT I’M ASKING/LOOKING FOR.

I would like a Co-Moderator, a lady, to work with me putting the panels together.

The moderators would get the panel members, arrange a venue, maybe LCS or N.P.( again).

The moderators would each make a statement on the subject matter, sort of prime the audience.

Then maybe a short break and audience members can either ask questions directly or submit then in writing (identities not shown).

Of course COVID protocols would be in place, 100%

Anyone interested please PM me and say why you would like to co-host; why you think you would be good, and your availability. We can do most everything by emails. There will be no cash outlay. If there are costs, I will pay them and not take reimbursement.

Suggestions will be appreciated and considered. Snarky, nasty comments from those who need the attention, will be ignored.

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1