Chapala.com Webboard

Old Lady ONE Costco ZERO

Natasha

Kirkland 18 kg bags dog food today ( 3 flavors) with signs: 2 per person only.  Hhmmmmm... but I need FIVE as we go thru one bag every 9 1/2 days.  Talked a man into loading 5 "Mature Dog" on my flat cart.... but he told me "they won't let you buy them at the caja".   Mentally debated.... can I pull this off up front?

Just then along came younger, "higher up" staff person.    💡!! Asked him... if the signs say 2 per person, and they're over each flavor, does that mean I can buy TWO blue and TWO green and ONE magenta? He got a sly grin on his face, took the 3 off cart and added other colors.  Sailed thru' !!!

Never underestimate the mental creativity that comes with experience in need. 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

They probably have a supply chain issue and are trying to make it last as long as possible.

I agree. They don't want customers to go away unhappy because something was "out of stock."

They probably don't want people to buy a lot and resell them at a higher cost.

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

those who made a day trip to Costco to buy maybe one or 2 items...). 

So you automatically presume that because you see someone walking out with only a few items, that they made a special trip just for that? 

Ever occur to you they might have a whole list of places to stop and things to do on that trip and that Costco is just one of them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2