Chapala.com Webboard

Watch batteries and watch band

ibarra

I searched previous posts but need current information.   We need several batteries replaced and a new band on one of them.   We have used the store at the corner of 16 Septiembre for many years,  however,  I have tried to find them open 6 different times so far. Different days and from 1:00 until 5:00  pm and they haven't been open.   Help, please. 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, Oatsie said:

Here is a picture of the Ajijic Tiangis "watch repair" guy's poster on the front of his booth.  If he's not at any of the locations listed, he may be at his store.

621371693_WatchRepair.jpg

Pedro Moreno 55 is a 2 story home, not a business.   I asked many neighbors of this address and they have not heard of Hector or a watch store.  Tried phone number 6 times in the last 2 days. No one answers and no message machine.   So... back to the tiangus next Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

Pedro Moreno 55 is a 2 story home, not a business.   I asked many neighbors of this address and they have not heard of Hector or a watch store.  Tried phone number 6 times in the last 2 days. No one answers and no message machine.   So... back to the tiangus next Wednesday. 

ibarra....  thanks for the update.  I hope that when you do contact him you can straighten out the proper address and post it here fo all of us will know in the future,

• Like 2

In addition to Hector, whom I use, I also highly recommend Daniel Jackson at 29A Hidalgo ( at corner of Juarez) in Ajijic.   His number is 376-766-2223.

His work is better quality than Hector's, if you need more than a new watch battery.  Daniel is a very caring  and honest businessman and sometimes sends his work to Guadalajara, if out of his range of work.  He is very reasonably priced as well.  

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 6:39 PM, ibarra said:

I will report what he tells me after I go next Wednesday. 

I went to the tiangus this morning and spoke with Hector.  His store is very near Similares Farmacia by the Chapala Plaza.  It is on the same side of the street as Simi and he said it is very close to them.  I could not get an address from him or what, if anything, is written on a sign for the shop, or a phone number. Sorry!     He is there the days that he is not at a tiangus (list of days provided earlier in this thread).

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1