Chapala.com Webboard

Local Scams

mkshawn

Can you Help me? (all in Spanish, a male) My wife is having a Baby, we live right there (points vaguely down the street) I need Peso's for either a Taxi or Gas)

Yesterday on the sidewalk along 16th de Septembre, East of Colon. 14:00!  I thought he wanted a ride? Our back seats were down with no room to sit anyone. he walked away.

Previously a week ago (Just found this out, we don't talk much) in Riberas, North of Hidalgo, rang our bell & introduce himself as a neighbour (pointing vaguely down the street). Neither were very aggressive, just repetitive. Later I did find a fine straight cut above my elbow? Box cutter or razor? Both instances the individual seemed to be alone. Just a heads up, over the years, I have been approached many times at Super Lake but never quite like this..

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, mkshawn said:

Can you Help me? (all in Spanish, a male) My wife is having a Baby, we live right there (points vaguely down the street) I need Peso's for either a Taxi or Gas)

Yesterday on the sidewalk along 16th de Septembre, East of Colon. 14:00!  I thought he wanted a ride? Our back seats were down with no room to sit anyone. he walked away.

Previously a week ago (Just found this out, we don't talk much) in Riberas, North of Hidalgo, rang our bell & introduce himself as a neighbour (pointing vaguely down the street). Neither were very aggressive, just repetitive. Later I did find a fine straight cut above my elbow? Box cutter or razor? Both instances the individual seemed to be alone. Just a heads up, over the years, I have been approached many times at Super Lake but never quite like this..

WHAAAAAT???....Must be  some good vino tinto, or maybe a great tequila!!!

That also happens NOB.

3yrs ago when I stopped for gas somewhere in Texas, don’t recall exactly where. As I was filling my tank a guy up to me and said “Buddy can you help me just had a call from my wife that she is going in to labour so I rushed out of the office but I left my wallet in my desk.. and I need gas..” I gave him $20. One of the reasons he picked me was because I was driving a car with Canadian plates.
I went into the store to use the washroom and pick up some snacks, when I came out I noticed him giving the same spiel to others at the pumps…

Theses scams happen everywhere, In My 15yrs of driving to and from Canada this scam happened 3 times .. different story same scam.

• Haha 1