Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

A new strain


Recommended Posts

On 2/18/2022 at 5:14 PM, lakeside7 said:

I have not looked at this new Covid topic since it started...and you know what I feel a lot better in body mind and spirit . ...give it a try

The ostrich tried that when the lion came in range....didn't work out too well for it.     

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/18/2022 at 8:29 PM, RickS said:

Why is it that this guy should "refrain from posting nonsense" but you are free to post scathing editorials about he and other folks?  Do you not see the irony in this at all?

Don't you know that you have to listen to and obey The Nun...she has the scripture and the ruler...watch your knuckles!!!

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ibarra said:

This is a political comment and is not allowed per Rules of this forum.  

Love how you instantly take umbrage at something you consider to be "political", just because the name of your hero was mentioned, but you don't take any offense at misinformation from right-wing discredited conspiracy sites (political) being posted.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Love how you instantly take umbrage at something you consider to be "political", just because the name of your hero was mentioned, but you don't take any offense at misinformation from right-wing discredited conspiracy sites (political) being posted.

Yeah....we better all be listening to and adhering to the sermon's from THE NUN!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

Yeah....we better all be listening to and adhering to the sermon's from THE NUN!!!

Enough with the personal attacks. (If you only knew how wrong you are with the "Nun" epithet)

It seems you've taken a page from your hero's playbook- keep calling people you disagree with some name you came up with that you think is clever, like an elementary schooler. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Enough with the personal attacks. (If you only knew how wrong you are with the "Nun" epithet)

It seems you've taken a page from your hero's playbook- keep calling people you disagree with some name you came up with that you think is clever, like an elementary schooler. 

Personal attack??? I thought it was a complement. And since when was calling someone a Nun considered an epithet??? Plus you have no idea who my hero's are!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word epithet. Look it up. 

I had to look it up. :)  Epithet: "Adjective expressing quality or attribute, not a Trumpism; significant appellation"

I kid you not. The above is  a quote. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

PLEEEEEZE...GET REAL!!!

??? You didn't know the meaning of the word socialism, either. Words have actual dictionary definitions, they don't just mean whatever you happen to think they mean.

Referring to an actual nun as a nun isn't an epithet, referring to someone who isn't as "The Nun" is an epithet.

ep·i·thet
/ˈepəˌTHet/
 
noun
  1. an adjective or descriptive phrase expressing a quality characteristic of the person or thing mentioned.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

??? You didn't know the meaning of the word socialism, either. Words have actual dictionary definitions, they don't just mean whatever you happen to think they mean.

Referring to an actual nun as a nun isn't an epithet, referring to someone who isn't as "The Nun" is an epithet.

ep·i·thet
/ˈepəˌTHet/
 
noun
  1. an adjective or descriptive phrase expressing a quality characteristic of the person or thing mentioned.

epithet

noun [ C ]

us /ˈep·əˌθet/

a word or phrase used to describe someone, often as an insult:

As far as Socialism...From Oxford dictionary:

so·cial·ism
/ˈsōSHəˌlizəm/
noun
noun: socialism

a political and economic theory of social organization which advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.
Similar: leftism, Fabianism
syndicalism
consumer socialism
utopian socialism
welfarism
communism
Bolshevism
radicalism
militancy
progressivism
social democracy
laborism
Marxism
Leninism
Marxism–Leninism
neo-Marxism
Trotskyism
Maoism

(in Marxist theory) a transitional social state between the overthrow of capitalism and the realization of Communism.
Opposite:
conservatism

I know what I prefer...do you???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...