Chapala.com Webboard

A new strain

A couple of observations;

I have not looked at this new Covid topic since it started...and you know what I feel a lot better in body mind and spirit . ...give it a try

The reason I am taking this opportunity is to mention that there is a report out of Japan indicating yet again another variant . This is getting crazy and for what it is worth its time to drop the Covid word and think of maybe calling it a derivative of the FLU

Some people are getting traumatized, depressed, by this continued negative news...whilst others (some on this web page) are just getting love and satisfaction by more  and more negative reporting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

This is getting crazy and for what it is worth its time to drop the Covid word and think of maybe calling it a derivative of the FLU

Why should it be called a derivative of the flu when it isn't?

Shall we start calling measles a derivative of polio?

Coronaviruses are in a completely different category of viruses than influenza. If you have no interest in informing yourself of basic scientific facts, perhaps you should refrain from posting nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, mudgirl said:

If you have no interest in informing yourself of basic scientific facts, perhaps you should refrain from posting nonsense.

Why is it that this guy should "refrain from posting nonsense" but you are free to post scathing editorials about he and other folks?  Do you not see the irony in this at all?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The new Omicron variant... if it in fact turns out to be a variant and does not get another "Greek letter name".... is not that new. Has been reported almost everywhere and some non peer-reviewed studies are reporting about it. May be 'worse' and seems surely more transmittable than even Omicron. I for one am not throwing my mask away just yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Do you not see the irony in this at all?

You are comparing apples to oranges. 

Someone posts that we should essentially start calling cats dogs, because they happen to believe that cats are actually a type of dog. 

Posting misinformation is not the same thing as calling people out for posting misinformation.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

OK lets try to wrap this up

Can we all accept that the Covid and variants are going to be with us for ever?...So we have to live with that "fact"..lets kill the doomsday prophets

As for prevention nothing has changed since the various governments agencies and "experts" made their recommendation, namely;

Get Vaccinated, Wear a mask, Wash your hands well and Sanitize, Caution where are when to meet or gather with other people.

Geez why is it that some people have to continue to drag this issue out, there are other major issues happening around the world folks, 

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Can we all accept that the Covid and variants are going to be with us for ever?...So we have to live with that "fact"..lets kill the doomsday prophets

As for prevention nothing has changed since the various governments agencies and "experts" made their recommendation, namely;

Get Vaccinated, Wear a mask, Wash your hands well and Sanitize, Caution where are when to meet or gather with other people.

Geez why is it that some people have to continue to drag this issue out, there are other major issues happening around the world folks, 

There is a reason why some people have to continue to drag this issue out....

Follow the money, $100,000,000.00 to Joe Rogan from Spotify to flood the internet with  nonsense to feed the gullible masses.  Yep, that Joe Rogan former MMA fighter gym rat loaded up on steroids with CTE, Chronic traumatic encephalopathy.Rogan2.jpg.2705b77ac4c7a60244c8f1999c5d7ff1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Monday I had to pickup some workers in Jocotepec, I was early so went by the OXXO to get a coffee. So put my mask on and went in. There where probably about 10 people plus the employees. Just one client was wearing a face mask. (felt out of place 😉).

3 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Bill gates says

Sadly, the virus itself - particularly the variant Omicron - is a type of vaccine. That is, it creates both B cell and T cell immunity. And it’s done a better job of getting out to the world population than we have with vaccines.” -

Because Bill likes Windows more than Apples? Oh, I know why, because he is one of the richest people in the State of Washington. And maybe being rich makes you a medical expert, I don't know. Does anyone here know?  :) 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

OMG get a life folks, just follow the golden rules and let  the chips fall where they will .......if others are  not willing  to change how many times are you all going to bang you heads trying to convince them;

• Like 3

I had my booster shot last December. Please folks, get fully vaccinated, to include your booster shot. We can hopefully control this virus, if all of us get all of our vaccine shots

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, johanson said:

I had my booster shot last December. Please folks, get fully vaccinated, to include your booster shot. We can hopefully control this virus, if all of us get all of our vaccine shots

How can we control this virus with the current vaccines available?  Isn't it a known fact by now that if you are fully vaxxed and boosted you can still get Covid, you can still get sick, and you can still pass it on.  It will continue infecting and mutating regardless even if everyone on planet Earth gets the vaccine.  Anyways the vaccine is only temporary.  It loses its effectiveness after a few months anyhow then you have to go back for another one and another one.  But someone is making money.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dichosalocura said:

How can we control this virus with the current vaccines available?  Isn't it a known fact by now that if you are fully vaxxed and boosted you can still get Covid, you can still get sick, and you can still pass it on.  It will continue infecting and mutating regardless even if everyone on planet Earth gets the vaccine.  Anyways the vaccine is only temporary.  It loses its effectiveness after a few months anyhow then you have to go back for another one and another one.  But someone is making money.  

You can believe what you want, but every little bit helps. And if we all get our vaccine shots, that's a lot more than a little bit. And if I get this darn variant, I will be a lot better off after having gotten the vaccine shots than if I had not been vaccinated.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have never ever said don't get the vaccines.  Yes, the science says you will be more protected from developing a deadly case of Covid.  But its protection doesn't last that long.  I was just pointing out the reality that the vaccines are far from being the miraculous cure all for this virus that many seem to blindly believe.  The science also says the probability of the virus remaining with us for ever is pretty darn high.  Vaccines have not eliminated the common cold and the common flu yet, nor will it eliminate Covid. Lets be realistic here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Lets be realistic here.

OK.  Has anyone lakeside ever personally known someone who has died of the common cold virus or the flu virus?  Viruses are like Mexican police officers.

Es el mismo pero no igual.

I haven't seen a frog in decades; nor nightcrawlers, either. Yet, they were both abundant, especially on rainy nights. The dead frogs on paved roads could become a slippery driving hazard. Are they nearing extinction? Are we?

• Confused 1

Here is an interesting article from yahoo news today about the CDC that should raise some red flags.  Why hasn't the CDC been totally honest with the American  people about the pandemic why have they not been releasing all their data that they have been collecting over the past two years?  And claiming that they fear the data may be misinterpreted is a poor excuse.  The data must and should be made public to all.

https://us.yahoo.com/news/cdc-isnt-publishing-large-portions-124915536.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

It is not unheard of that immunocompromised people can die from a simple cold.  But thousands of people die from the flu every year even children.

Actually, those under 16 have a greater chance of dying from the flu than the covid.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Here is an interesting article from yahoo news today about the CDC that should raise some red flags.  Why hasn't the CDC been totally honest with the American  people about the pandemic why have they not been releasing all their data that they have been collecting over the past two years?  And claiming that they fear the data may be misinterpreted is a poor excuse.  The data must and should be made public to all.

https://us.yahoo.com/news/cdc-isnt-publishing-large-portions-124915536.html

It is interesting.     However......Not releasing all data does NOT equate to dishonesty.     So you are the one raising a red flag, inappropriately, perhaps.     

Data without context, is just....data.      And in the course of 2 years, there have been 4 to 5 waves, many, many variables including vaccines and mandates that modify or potentially modify outcomes, and much more to consider.      And there has not been a mass pandemic for over a hundred years.....so they may be out of practice on this kind of data......the Spanish flu was, just a bit, before Microsoft, Apple, and IBM came on the scene.        To quote Jack Nicholson.....you couldn't HANDLE all of the data.     

What IS clear, is that the societies and countries with more controls and health care and compliance, have fared the best.     

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We are born into a world of pathogens. That is why we have a non-specific innate immune system. Every year I remember reading people die from the flu.It just happens.  Most survive and acquire immunity. I will not live the rest of my life in paranoia. 

If you are at risk take precautions.

I have been in personal contact with COVID infected people, ridden the Metro in Medellin (standing room only) during the height of the outbreak. I am doing just fine. I do take HCQ when I think I need it. I have not been sick in maybe 6 years. 

This will pass. 

• Confused 1

So said my friend's neighbour in Jocotepec. "I have a strong, healthy immune system" he said. "I've never been sick a day in my life" he said. Then he got Covid and gave it to his wife. Both unvaccinated by choice. He's struggling to recover. His wife was intubated last Wednesday. The Doctor says it's just a matter of time 'til she passes. Keep rolling the dice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2