Chapala.com Webboard

Cost of Parking at the Guadalajara airport

cedros

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Scroll all the way down to the bottom for long term rates... Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacífico - General information (aeropuertosgap.com.mx)

Thanks for that. Expensive. I wonder if there is cheaper parking a bit farther out.

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

You didn't scroll ALL the way down...

Long-term rate
Rate with VAT
Cost per 1 hr
$ 40.00
Cost per 2 hours
$ 80.00
Cost per 3 hours
$ 115.00
Cost of 4 - 24 hours
$ 95.00
Cost per additional day
$ 95.00

Yes, I did. Expensive

7 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

Because a few years when they opened up the new longtime parking lot I went in there by mistake and paid I think 90 peso for less than 30 mins.

You "think" "a few years ago". How is that useful information?

And if something is designated as a long term lot, they may not have hourly prices. It would be smart to check prices before leaving one's car in a paid parking lot. The lot I park in in PV when picking people up from the airport has their hourly, daily, and long term rates clearly posted at the entrance.

That is the correct daily long term rate, 95 pesos.  As their page makes it quite clear, however, it can be difficult to get in there as it tends to fill up.  Making it more difficult is the long term parking on the second level of the garage is closed, as noted on the web page.

Last time we picked up someone there, the long term ticket gates were closed, marked full.  If you encounter that, you are only left with either paying a lot more in the other lot or going back outside the airport and using one of the private long term lots.

We keep life simpler by not taking a car to the airport except to pick up visitors.  

• Like 1

Yup, the limited access to parking is more of an issue than the price.  BTW, does anyone know how the private lots around the airport compare to the GDL airport parking prices for daily or weekly rates?

Also, how have others' experiences been with convenience in drop off/ pick up for the private lots?  The convenience issue might be as or more important as the cost issue.

Thanks.

The one immediately before the exit and the bridge is 135 pesos per night I believe.  I think some of the ones on the southbound side of Chapala highway before the exit from that direction are cheaper.  You have to go past the airport exit to the retorno and double back to access those.

It was great the airport management decided to come up with very reasonably priced and competitive long term rates but they don't have anywhere close to the number of spaces needed to meet the demand.

23 minutes ago, mexijims1 said:

Too bad they are blocking off so much parking for the Covid testing, but I guess no better alternative place?

Even with that space it would be a roll of the dice to get the in airport long term parking at that rate.  I think they would need to double the availability to give a decent shot at a space at that rate. 

What we really need here is for the Chapala-GDL buses to stop there but the taxista monopoly prevents that.