Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw receivers soon obsolete?

peteben

7 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Old thread here explains it all.  Shaw is not licensed to broadcast in Mexico, it is not legal here.  If you think it is, try switching your service address to here and see what happens to your service. 

PM Pete Johansen (Mod 5) and he will explain it to you.

In any case, the newer satellites are focused on Canada and will not reach this far south.  When the old ones are turned off, so will you be.

Neither of you really has a clue about it and you are both wrong.   Again, their usage is called "terms of service", not "illegal vs legal".     The Sat cops aren't coming to your door to seize your dish, receiver, and deport you.      Yes, one needs a CDN address for the account.     And.... Canada's footprint is so large that the sat coverage should still continue to work @ lakeside.       This myth has been going on for a long time now.    

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2022 at 7:08 PM, gringohombre said:

WHAAAAAAT!!! I am saving US$80 a month I was paying for the Dish TV basic package and now paying Zero, Zip, Nada for tons of programming (much more than with Dish) with NO outages during the rainy season...so who is the dinosaur???

You said you had a dinosaur system (maybe because you had not set it up properly?) . Sorry that you are so short of money.

5 hours ago, cedros said:

You said you had a dinosaur system (maybe because you had not set it up properly?) . Sorry the you are so short of money.

Please put on your glasses, get a new prescription or lay off the vino tinto. Here is my post:

"Satellites are the dinosaurs of TV. I have 2 huge Dish TV dishes on top of my house...any offers???"

And don't you worry about my money, I have plenty...maybe because I don't waste it on way outdated technology!!!