Chapala.com Webboard

no topic

On 1/31/2022 at 10:59 PM, jhark said:

You're right.  Face diapers are disgusting and I wear one as little as possible since they are pretty useless anyway, not to mention a great medium for bacterial growth.  

Your name is spelled wrong, remove the "h" and change the "a" to an "e" and then you've got it spot on.    

• Sad 3

On 1/31/2022 at 9:59 PM, jhark said:

not to mention a great medium for bacterial growth.  

I love how you folks come up with these inane, baseless ideas to supposedly add credence to your incorrect beliefs. 

I have half a dozen 3 layer cloth masks I keep in my car. When I have worn one shopping in a store, it gets put aside and I put on a clean one. Then they get washed. 

I highly doubt if they were a "great medium for bacterial growth", that doctors and nurses would have been wearing them for the past 100 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/2/2022 at 8:51 PM, mudgirl said:

I love how you folks come up with these inane, baseless ideas to supposedly add credence to your incorrect beliefs. 

I have half a dozen 3 layer cloth masks I keep in my car. When I have worn one shopping in a store, it gets put aside and I put on a clean one. Then they get washed. 

I highly doubt if they were a "great medium for bacterial growth", that doctors and nurses would have been wearing them for the past 100 years.

Since most doctors and nurses wear a mask for only several hours at a time and for the protection of the patient they then throw them away.  The problem arises when you have workers in the stores and children in schools wearing them for hours at a time, sometimes under their nose or chin then it becomes a problem.  Plus, do they throw them away or wash them?  Not everyone is as vigilent as you are.

1 hour ago, jhark said:

Since most doctors and nurses wear a mask for only several hours at a time and for the protection of the patient they then throw them away.  The problem arises when you have workers in the stores and children in schools wearing them for hours at a time, sometimes under their nose or chin then it becomes a problem.  Plus, do they throw them away or wash them?  Not everyone is as vigilent as you are.

The key words[protection of others] and we intelligent and caring people do that even though that it's highly unlikely for some of us to have covid and  live longer than 24 hrs. if we have it. We don't come up with a bunch of stupid reasons not to do it. I have a severe stage of COPD which is terminal and even walking 100 feet,I have great difficulty breathing with the mask, but I suck it up for the greater good.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, happyjillin said:

The key words[protection of others] and we intelligent and caring people do that even though that it's highly unlikely for some of us to have covid and  live longer than 24 hrs. if we have it. We don't come up with a bunch of stupid reasons not to do it. I have a severe stage of COPD which is terminal and even walking 100 feet,I have great difficulty breathing with the mask, but I suck it up for the greater good.

The point I was trying to make is the problems that could arise in the mask wearers who wear them for hours on end.  A filthy mask really isn't a risk to others.  I get the point that it is thought a mask will protect people from exposure to a virus.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jhark said:

The point I was trying to make is the problems that could arise in the mask wearers who wear them for hours on end.

But there is no scientific basis for your "point". It's just your own idea. 

I know lots of people who have to wear a mask all day now at work and it has no ill effects, other than it not being particularly pleasant. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, jhark said:

The point I was trying to make is the problems that could arise in the mask wearers who wear them for hours on end.  A filthy mask really isn't a risk to others.  I get the point that it is thought a mask will protect people from exposure to a virus.

Try to remember (or be advised) that people in areas of high air pollution have also been wearing masks most of each day, long before Covid came around.    Why?   Because the mask filters the air and protects them.    

On 2/7/2022 at 8:07 AM, virgo lady said:

Try to remember (or be advised) that people in areas of high air pollution have also been wearing masks most of each day, long before Covid came around.    Why?   Because the mask filters the air and protects them.    

Why not read what the filtration size for bacteria, particulates and virus? There is no mask on earth that will stop something small as some virus. Mask all leak, haven't yo noted the condensate on your glasses?  Why don't all those who believe in masking ask the ones recommending masking for the citations? If we to follow the science where is the science on masking to prevent a SARS virus? I haven't been able to find any science for masking other than political science. PS Dr Fauci has never treated a covid virus case.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Ferret said:

So every Doctor or Nurse who ever treated a Covid patient is now dead from the virus because masks don't stop the virus. Is that what you're saying?

NO, but neither is anyone who has been in a room or market with an infected person. The health care professionals have a low rate of infection for whether they wer vaccinated or  not. Transmission rate is thought to .3% not the hundred you pretend. What's up with people wearing the mask when drivi9ng or walking alone? Who are they protecting? It is said that you must be in closed space for 15 minutes with an infected person and very unlucky. I thank many of you over the fact that many anti mandate folks are vaccinated and taking all the vitamins and ivermectin and HQL. I'm pro-freedom not pro virus.

I sure don't know how good my KN-95 masks are. But they are better than nothing and as long as my Seattle and lakeside doctors tell me to wear them I will. But then again, I am a mild hypochondriac.

As long as there are people out there who either don't believe in the vaccine or don't believe in masking or distancing or don't believe that what one person does can affect many, this virus will continue to get passed around. Thanks for nothing. Enjoy your freedom. I will continue to respect the freedom of others.

• Thanks 5

2 hours ago, geeser said:

What's up with people wearing the mask when drivi9ng or walking alone?

You have no idea why they are doing that so why would you judge it? Perhaps they just had someone else in their car and don't care to breathe the same air that that other person was breathing into. Perhaps they are on their way to pick up someone who wouldn't want to get into a car where someone else was breathing maskless. Perhaps several family members use that car and they have chosen to all wear masks when driving so the car stays as virus-free as possible.  (Droplets can stay suspended in the air for up to 3 hours). 

I put on my mask when approaching a red light where there are people who run up to your car maskless, trying to get you to buy something, so I don't have to roll up the windows. I used to take my mask off as soon as I got out of the supermarket and was loading my groceries in the car, but after having someone maskless pass close by and sneeze or cough or shout at someone, I now wait until I am inside my car to remove the mask. Same goes for walking alone. Someone maskless can suddenly appear near you. I certainly don't wear a mask to take a walk down my country road where I am unlikely to encounter anyone else and if I do, can have a conversation or give a greeting without getting up close. But I wear a mask when walking down streets in town where others are walking nearby or can walk out of a store right in front of me. 

And there are several scientific studies that prove the efficacy of masks against Covid. You're just too lazy to look for them. You apparently prefer to spend your time posting nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, there's all kinds of advantages to wearing a mask aside from preventing infection.

You avoid the embarrassment of realizing you've been out in public for hours with spinach stuck between your teeth that everyone was too polite to mention, you don't have to remember to pluck those pesky stray facial hairs, no one can see that zit next to your nose that popped up last night, people might assume you're good-looking and younger than you are because you have nice eyes, there's all sorts of positives that outweigh the slight inconvenience. 🙂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, geeser said:

I'm pro-freedom not pro virus.

The mantra of the ignorant and misinformed, "I'm all about Free-Dumb"   

Viruses don't have little wings and fly around on their own.    They are carried in droplets, which the masks stop both entering and exiting.

22 hours ago, Ferret said:

So every Doctor or Nurse who ever treated a Covid patient is now dead from the virus because masks don't stop the virus. Is that what you're saying?

Well Ferret many on this board assure us that we have just recently lost 3 local docters to Covid.  That was a crazy comment because everybody knows that the grand majority of people who do get the virus do not die and do not have long term side effects afterwards.

21 hours ago, Ferret said:

As long as there are people out there who either don't believe in the vaccine or don't believe in masking or distancing or don't believe that what one person does can affect many, this virus will continue to get passed around. Thanks for nothing. Enjoy your freedom. I will continue to respect the freedom of others.

Ferret your comments keep getting crazier.  I can assure you that if everybody believed in the vaccine and masking the virus would still be getting passed around and would still be mutating.  Because thats what viruses do.  Apparently the vaccine is unable to stop it and masking only helps minimally.  Social distancing is not plausible nor possible for most people who have to work or shop.

I no longer care what some of you anti-vaxxers think or do. I follow the science from all over the world and I will continue to do so. Your comment, in the past, about it ONLY being 1% who die is about this most ignorant and misleading thing I have ever heard. What you personally have experienced means nothing to me because YOU don't know everyone. Yes, we have lost three Doctors, one of whom was mine. I also know the impact that has had on his family. But to you, he was only part of the 1%. Keep rolling the dice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

I  can assure you that if everybody believed in the vaccine and masking the virus would still be getting passed around and would still be mutating.

Oh, really? And on what basis do you feel qualified to make this assurance? Are you a virologist or a health profesional? Have you spent decades studying this stuff? 

Whether people "believe in" the vaccine or masking and distancing is immaterial. It's their daily practices that either lead to the spreading of the virus or not. 

You don't need a PHD to understand that viruses don't just hang around  indefinitely if there is no one to infect and in fact, do not remain active very long without a host to contract it and pass it along. 

All you have to do is look at what is happening in Tonga to understand that it is humans who are responsible for spreading this disease, not some mysterious unfightable force.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/tongas-virus-outbreak-growing-rapidly-062725541.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

That was a crazy comment because everybody knows that the grand majority of people who do get the virus do not die and do not have long term side effects afterwards.

And everybody knows that while many covid cases are asymptomatic, and others are mild, the vast majority of seriously ill, hospitalized and dead are unvaccinated. And unvaxxed people with covid spread a higher viral load so are more dangerous to the rest of us.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

everybody knows that the grand majority of people... do not have long term side effects afterwards.

Everyone knows? You mean everyone who just makes things up off the top of their head? The estimate I read, put out by a health facility in Germany, is that 40% of those who've had Covid are experiencing some type of long-term effects. I wouldn't call 60% a "grand majority".  

• Like 1