Chapala.com Webboard

no topic

3 hours ago, happyjillin said:

i am not enamoured of the idea of getting kicked off of this board for what i was about to say. but how about a poll for a name, to be more descriptive of this sub forum?

How about "Covid Club" for those who enjoy the angry political rhetoric surrounding the efficacy, dangers, and treatment of the Covid Pandemic.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

This is a public forum so we should all have the right to express our opinions freely and without abuse and/or hostility.

You should address that to MC who is the worst offender. Everything he posts on this topic is designed to belittle and mock those who believe in getting vaccinated and masking is the key to getting out of this pandemic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

You should address that to MC who is the worst offender. Everything he posts on this topic is designed to belittle and mock those who believe in getting vaccinated and masking is the key to getting out of this pandemic.

From what I have read the mod is posting facts.  They are obviously not facts you agree with but remember there are two sides to every coin.  Just because someone has a different opinion from you doesn't mean they are belittling or mocking anyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, jhark said:

From what I have read the mod is posting facts.  They are obviously not facts you agree with but remember there are two sides to every coin.  Just because someone has a different opinion from you doesn't mean they are belittling or mocking anyone.

Posting some facts but not all are in fact facts.

conspiracy-fact-checking.xb987cc75.webp

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

You gotta be kidding! MC's constant use of the phrase "face diaper" is disgusting.

You're right.  Face diapers are disgusting and I wear one as little as possible since they are pretty useless anyway, not to mention a great medium for bacterial growth.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, jhark said:

You're right.  Face diapers are disgusting and I wear one as little as possible since they are pretty useless anyway, not to mention a great medium for bacterial growth.  

They are not useless IF you are wearing them correctly and they have a minimum of three layers. You do realize that you have to wash them don't you? Many, many factual articles on their benefits. Do some research. You might actually learn something.

• Thanks 1

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  Daniel Patrick Moynihan

And therein lies the problem. Main stream media - what we used to call corporate media - has been vilified and too many people think sources like Fox News and NewsMax are the only ones telling the truth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jhark said:

Just because someone has a different opinion from you doesn't mean they are belittling or mocking anyone

Stop with the condescension. No one needs you to explain the difference between expressing an opinion and belittling and mocking. 

Continually referring to masks as face diapers, posting memes comparing vaccine mandates to Nazi Germany, and calling it the "China virus" has nothing to do with expressing one's opinion. It is designed to mock, belittle, inflame, and tout one's superior opinion of themselves.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, jhark said:

199077186_3059475937625703_6314750660166979327_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What is up with the leftists calling anybody that even questions the benefits of the sanitary protocols as stupid and as trumpsters and as antivaxers.  Just because someone does not want this vaccine that is barely a vaccine that its effectiveness is just 3 or 4 months it does not stop mutation nor stop contagion nor infection rates does not mean he or she is an antivaxer.  Maybe some people just don't see the necessity of taking THIS vaccine.  Just like many don't get the 50 % effective flu vaccine.  Covid is hardly the bubonic plague folks. With Covid you have a 99% survival rate.  The draconian mandates is what is rubbing many folks the wrong way.  Stop the mandates and let us make our own decisions about our health. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

What is up with the leftists calling anybody that even questions the benefits of the sanitary protocols as stupid and as trumpsters and as antivaxers.  Just because someone does not want this vaccine that is barely a vaccine that its effectiveness is just 3 or 4 months it does not stop mutation nor stop contagion nor infection rates does not mean he or she is an antivaxer.  Maybe some people just don't see the necessity of taking THIS vaccine.  Just like many don't get the 50 % effective flu vaccine.  Covid is hardly the bubonic plague folks. With Covid you have a 99% survival rate.  The draconian mandates is what is rubbing many folks the wrong way.  Stop the mandates and let us make our own decisions about our health. 

Well said!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I am fully vaxxed. You are 15 times more likely to die from Covid than I am. Most of those deaths are fully preventable. The stress on the health care workers who deal with full ICUs turning away people seeking treatment for things like cancer and broken bones is uncalculatable. You can close your eyes and ears but it doesn't change reality.

• Like 3

As I have said before, you can get your information from tens of thousands of science and medical professionals worldwide OR you can get your information from a doctor trying to sell supplements on the Internet or get his 15 minutes of fame.

You can get information from a GP who has see a few dozen patients with Covid or from an internationally respected doctor who studies reports from peer-reviewed studies conducted all over the world, evaluates all the information and makes suggestions based on of all the factual data. 

And this is why we wear masks:

peetest.jpg.540f4b364af93852cce48bec9656c83e.jpg

• Like 3