Chapala.com Webboard

At last a place covid deniers and anti-vaxxers to call their own

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Well... a lot of places were nice 38 years ago. 😄

You are correct. Ajijic 38 years ago was not nice it must have been paradise. Now its................😒 (come to think of it, I the last time I was in Ajijic was over a year ago when I needed help from Bancomer to set up a smart phone application).

32 minutes ago, johanson said:

I thought pot was also legal in The Netherlands. It used to be, when I lived there.

Chillin has been known to forget some things it seems. The rest of us.... hardly ever.😀

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Not surprising they found a haven in Paraguay. Paraguay backed Nazi Germany until it was obvious they were losing, then switched sides. Then it was a hide out for escaped Nazis, Josef Mengele among them. 

Come to think of it the name of the president (dictator) at the time I was there was Alfredo Stroessner (kind of German sounding and he looks kind of German as well 😊).

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about how, if there was a highly contagious and dangerous disease that only was spread by a particular demographic of people, say Asians or blacks, but could infect anyone, how these "freedumb" types would no doubt be raging about locking them all up. 

• Like 1

If you happen to read international news you would note that many countries will be putting an end very soon to pandemic restriction and simply treat covid as a seasonal virus (omicron is considered to be mild). My guess is that articles about the spread of the virus will slowly be replaced by articles regarding the damage that the lockdowns have caused. On a side note, Europe is on the brink of a major war and North America may suffer from a major transport crisis which if anything will put your food needs at risk. (glad am not a young kid looking to make it in these crazy times).

• Like 1

Breakthrough study on encouraging social distancing!

Home » Groundbreaking study finds people with bad body odor find it much easier to maintain social distancing

Groundbreaking Study Finds People With Bad Body Odor Find It Much Easier To Maintain Social Distancing

body-odor-distance-930x620.jpg
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

MOSCOW — Researchers at the University of Idaho have discovered that for Americans with nasty body odor, it is much easier for them to adhere to current social distancing rules.

“For some Americans, social distancing rules put in place due to the virus outbreak are difficult to follow because they are just naturally affectionate and drawn to crowds,” said Dr. Anthony Sparkle, head of the university’s School of Human Physiology.

“But people with bad BO are social outcasts anyway, and as such, our research shows they have a much easier time maintaining social distancing rules,” he continued. “It’s as if no one really wants to be around them anyway.”

Sparkle noted that, as in the past before the rules were put in place, people who are disgustingly smelly will continue to congregate with others who also smell of body odor.

But that’s not because they want to be rebellious but rather because such people are generally lonely anyway.

“It’s not going to be hard for them to stay away from regular folks because the regular folks will avoid them like — dare I say it? — the plague,” Sparkle continued. “That’s because our research has found that in nearly every case, bad BO makes you far less likely to assemble.”