Chapala.com Webboard

Healthy, strong, and now dead

Furthermore, absolutely NOTHING to do with Covid but is quite a nasty comparison. There is NO country without blood on its hands.Try and stick with the facts on the problem at hand.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Furthermore, absolutely NOTHING to do with Covid but is quite a nasty comparison. There is NO country without blood on its hands.Try and stick with the facts on the problem at hand.

Yes ma'am and you try to not be so viscous.

3 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity.

Wishy-washy; 

lacking in decisiveness; without strength or character; irresolute.

washy or watery, as a liquid; thin and weak.

Sweety

• Haha 1

I continue to see more obituaries being labeled unexpected than I ever have in my life. People are dying in mass, not only have I noticed it locally here in Mexico but also from people I know in the U.S.

I can no longer comprehend, I have a hard time with the level of idiocracy in a public that defends everything in the name of their health and mainstream media.

Mask mandates are being removed in many countries and now with several trucker strikes in several countries, this could be the  beginning to the end of this whole vaccine fiasco, I think deaths will increase over the next year and we will see more people dying, here lakeside most of those will be well over the age of expected lifespan so most of the deaths will be chalked up to old age.

• Like 2

You anti-vaxxers like to throw out "only 1% death rate". Not sure where you got it, but if we use that number, it means that ten out of every thousand will die from Covid. Of those 10, based on current hospital statistics, 8 will be unvaccinated. The other 2 will usually have at least one comorbidity, or pre-existing condition, such as being over 60.

Since these deaths are largely preventable, based on much lower death rates in countries with high vaccination rates (recent NYT article behind a paywall), you don't see a problem with that?

• Thanks 1

It has actually been a 2% worldwide death rate for the past year or so, before that it was about 6% before the vaccines were available, and only recently has gone down to 1.5% (not 1%). 

Meanwhile, as I mentioned before, Mexico has had one of the highest death rates in the world. While is it currently at 7%, it was standing at 11% for most of the pandemic. That's 11 out of every 100 infected people. Interesting how some consider that no big deal.

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

From the article and gee I wonder where I heard this stuff before?

"B cells “are the first responders”, says Ali Ellebedy, an immunologist at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri. During a first exposure to a pathogen, B cells that get activated divide rapidly and differentiate into plasma cells that churn out proteins called antibodies. Antibodies can flag suspicious intruders for destruction, and some might bind to a part of a pathogen that prevents it from infecting cells altogether. These are the ‘neutralizing’ antibodies. “They’re the only thing that can truly give you sterilizing immunity,” says Shane Crotty, an immunologist at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology in California. That’s why researchers typically use the presence of these antibodies as a proxy for immune protection.

What matters is whether the body makes long-lived B cells that can target the pathogen if it reappears. These cells typically develop inside structures called germinal centres, which arise in the lymph nodes during an infection and serve as a sort of B-cell training camp. There, the cells multiply and acquire mutations. Only those that produce the best antibodies, the ones that latch most securely on to the surface of the virus, survive. It’s “almost a winnowing process”, Ellebedy says.

Within a month or so, some of the cells that produce these super-binders become memory B cells that circulate in the blood (see ‘B-cell memory’). They don’t produce antibodies, but if they encounter the virus or its proteins, they can rapidly divide and become plasma cells that do. The rest become long-lived plasma cells that reside mainly in the bone marrow and secrete a small-but-steady stream of high-quality antibodies. “Those cells basically live with us for the rest of our lives,” Ellebedy says."

"The immune response after vaccination more or less mimics what happens after infection, with one major difference. In a SARS-CoV-2 infection, the immune system sees the whole virus."

"Some people might carry memory T cells from past coronavirus infections — such as those that cause common colds — that can recognize SARS-CoV-2. These cells could help to fight the infection, or even stop it completely. One study7 found that health-care workers who were exposed to SARS-CoV-2 but never tested positive had subtle signs of a response to infection. The researchers hypothesize that cross-reactive T cells shut the infection down before it could take hold."

17 hours ago, Ferret said:

I just finished reading both articles and also found them full of holes. This is the quote that is most glaring to me.

Now, would somebody please take a look at this graphic and explain their conclusion of 0.2%  to me? Furthermore, the border was only closed to non-essential traffic not ALL traffic. IF people listened, distanced, wore masks and took this seriously, there wouldn't be a need for any lockdowns. But stupid humans do what stupid humans do. They don't listen to people who are far more knowledgeable about such things. Now we have life saving vaccines and they still don't f&%^ing listen.

53680829-10471265-A_new_report_led_by_a_Johns_Hopkins_University_economist_found_t-a-3_1643869511356.jpg.6327b64ceb743e54bbe7190a374b1eb1.jpg

I wonder how they came up with this numbers ? did they interview the virus ?

• Sad 1

It's astounding how many of you have all the answers and yet so little information. Please consider that not everyone has made up their minds on these issues. You do your position (whatever it may be) a disservice when you substitute vitriol and diatribe for reasoned and evidenced discourse.

You're free to do as you wish, of course. But you ARE posting on a public forum. So, unless you simply like reading your own shit - a particularly petty brand of narcissism - you ostensibly wish to persuade others. You're not doing it this way. Go away. Read stuff. Come back. Educate others. Or not.

• Like 1

Posting on a public forum is tame compared to what is happening in Ottawa. imho, all the truckers involved should lose their licenses and have their trucks confiscated for their actions. Don't want to follow the rules? Buhbye.

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/refile-ottawa-police-promise-tougher-150915050.html

So, what do you have to cut to shut an air horn up?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just check with your family Doctor(s). Both my Seattle and Lakeside family Doctors, both whom I have been using for over 20 years urged me to get my vaccine shots, so rather than depending upon what I read on line, some good, some bad. I got my 3 shots last year.

Please for yourself and the sake of the others you are exposed to get your vaccine shots :) .

34 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Posting on a public forum is tame compared to what is happening in Ottawa. imho, all the truckers involved should lose their licenses and have their trucks confiscated for their actions. Don't want to follow the rules? Buhbye.

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/refile-ottawa-police-promise-tougher-150915050.html

Personally I thinks it's great truckers are doing what they are doing and it has spread to other countries. Give me a break, those guys have about as much contact with people as a lighthouse operator.

What kills me is that on one of the Canadian newspapers today I saw that almost 80% vaxed in Canada yet number of hospitalizations and infections still on the rise.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Nobody has any right to damage another person's health. Period. Exhaust fumes and noise can do that. It's akin to torture. Do you consider vaccination, masking and distancing in the same ballpark?

It's the cross border truckers who are upset. The U.S. requires those vaccinations for the truckers as well. 'Nuff said?

• Like 2

It appears that some people are simply unwilling to do anything they don't like in order to help others.  Simple.  They don't care about "others" and trying to convince them differently is a waste of time.

Truckers need to interact with others every time they load up or deliver.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

https://jacobinmag.com/2022/02/canada-freedom-convoy-conservative-right-wing-anti-worker-anti-vaccine?fbclid=IwAR3UAUhu_QRy_r-VvraT9cAjT4mLquaanv0S-I1dqjmTwXY1p8haondAgLs

Canada’s “Freedom Convoy” Is a Front for a Right-Wing, Anti-Worker Agenda

Workers in Canada’s trucking industry have suffered during the pandemic. The “Freedom Convoy,” a right-wing, pro-business social movement, purports itself to be the people’s champion of liberty — yet it couldn't care less about the hardships and burdens of its fellow workers.

GettyImages-1238045234.jpg
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, southernguy said:

Personally I thinks it's great truckers are doing what they are doing

Please post your address, we'll come visit and see how great you think it is when 24/7 horns and fireworks and other noise and disruptions are outside your front door.     

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1