Chapala.com Webboard

Healthy, strong, and now dead

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Oh, you mean like comparing the Nazi regieme to telling the truckers to go home and if they don't, there will be legal consequences?

You call that civil discourse?

Or do you really believe that Canada is busily building concentration camps and gas chambers and planning to round up all the anti-vaxers, load them in cattle cars and ship them off to be exterminated?

The opposite of love isn't hate. The opposite of love is indifference.
When you spew hate, you're not showing how much you don't care about what you hate. You are revealing how very much you do care. Whatever it is, it has you.
Detach. Get some perspective. Become objective. Tell yourself the full truth about yourself. Do that enough, and the hate will relax. Then and only then can you become effective.
  • Sad 1

Hard to be indifferent to what's happening in Ottawa when I have family who live there. It's been a nightmare.

McLeod Street condo residents rattled after men seen attempting to 'handcuff' lobby doors | Ottawa Citizen

The reference in the above article about a previous incident, involved the door to a building being chained shut and a fire being set in the lobby of the building. Just what, exactly, did the protesters have in mind when they did this?

Deonandan: Why should we care that the unvaccinated are unvaccinated? | Ottawa Citizen

I am not really interested in reports from Fox News. They do not have a grip on reality and haven't for quite a while. They are really no different than the sensationalist National Enquirer. Bizarre and off the wall "reports" are titillating and sell papers. It becomes something quite different when those reports are assumed to have truth in them. It's called propaganda.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

I would suggest you check that comment out.  The word "love" has many antonyms, hate and indifference included.  Not everything in the world is an "either / or" proposition.    I think I lived in Mexico longer than a year before I ever heard "el odio" in conversation.  That word tends to live NOB.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

When you spew hate, you're not showing how much you don't care about what you hate. You are revealing how very much you do care. Whatever it is, it has you.
Detach. Get some perspective. Become objective. Tell yourself the full truth about yourself. Do that enough, and the hate will relax. Then and only then can you become effective.

And this relates to what you have  posted and my reply how? I suggest you go give your hate lecture to some neo-nazis. Shouldn't be hard to find some in your neck of the woods.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1