Chapala.com Webboard

What proof will U S accept

You must show passport and proof of covid test dated within one day.  You do not have to show your vaccination record but there is talk about making vaccination proof to fly on airlines.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, rafterbr said:

You must show passport and proof of covid test dated within one day.  You do not have to show your vaccination record but there is talk about making vaccination proof to fly on airlines.

OP is traveling with a non US resident hence the question. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

OP is traveling with a non US resident hence the question. 

Same answer no shot record required but they will need visa, passport and covid test. 

• Sad 1

Actually the rule as of January 1st. is that non resident visitors entering at any land crossing are now also required to show proof of vaccination.  I just saw a Spanish language  news story about the potential slowdowns this is causing. Some folks have been sent back even though vaccinated because they didn't bring proof.

Alan

• Like 1

I understand  that a Non U S citizen  has to show proof of vaccination  that was what I was questioning this rule becomes in effect the 22nd  of January  this has just been called  for by the U S Preident  Don't  forget I'm talking  about a  NON U S citizen Please! So I am still  wondering  what is acceptable  as far as proof???

12 minutes ago, phil in mexico said:

I understand  that a Non U S citizen  has to show proof of vaccination  that was what I was questioning this rule becomes in effect the 22nd  of January  this has just been called  for by the U S Preident  Don't  forget I'm talking  about a  NON U S citizen Please! So I am still  wondering  what is acceptable  as far as proof???

With respect I think your question is best answered by contacting the respective gov web site or call. The situations are frequent changing

• Thanks 1

Here is your answer, via a few links on the CDC webpages; the requirement for full vaccination against Covid for non-US citizens went into effect yesterday, Saturday January 22, 2022, and consists of the same vaccines, forms of proof, and timelines as have been required for air travelers for several weeks. (A full vaccine series is required: one dose of a one-dose; and both doses of a two-dose vaccine.)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#covid-vaccines

Accepted COVID-19 Vaccines

Accepted COVID-19 Vaccines
  Vaccines Approved or Authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Vaccines Listed for Emergency Use (EUL) by the World Health Organization
Single dose
  •  Janssen/J&J
  • Janssen/J&J
2-dose series
  • Pfizer-BioNTech
  • Moderna
  • Pfizer-BioNTech
  • Moderna
  • AstraZeneca
  • Covaxin
  • Covishield
  • BIBP/Sinopharm
  • Sinovac
  • Novavax/Covovax

Acceptable Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination

Acceptable Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
Documentation Type Examples
Verifiable records (digital or paper) Vaccination certificate with QR code1, digital pass via Smartphone application with QR code1 (e.g., United Kingdom National Health Service COVID Pass, European Union Digital COVID Certificate)
Non-verifiable paper records Printout of COVID-19 vaccination record or a COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued at national or subnational level or by an authorized vaccine provider (e.g., the CDC vaccination card)
Non-verifiable digital records Digital photos of vaccination card or record, downloaded vaccine record or vaccination certificate from official source (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider), or a mobile phone application without QR code1

1. The QR code in a verifiable vaccination record links to information confirming the credential was generated from an immunization record in an official database and is protected from tampering.

All forms of proof of COVID-19 vaccination must have

• Personal identifiers (full name plus at least one other identifier such as date of birth or passport number) that match the personal identifiers on the passenger’s passport or other travel documents
  • Name of official source issuing the record (e.g., public health agency, government agency, or other authorized vaccine provider)
  • Vaccine manufacturer and date(s) of vaccination

• Thanks 1