Chapala.com Webboard

Propane cylinder exchange

Oatsie

Just call around. I take it that you need the 20kg cylinder replaced. Use your rudimentary spanish or you will find someone at the other end of phone who speaks redimentary english. 

You could always go to a hardware store (saw tanks in Inarq yesterday) buy a new one and then get it filled at the Z gas place in Ajijic (corner of Revolution & the carretera).
If you need a bigger tank (300 ltrs) then you can go buy one at a hardware store (Ferreteria Calzada in Chapala has them out front), get it delivered and installed.

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original post.  I need the tall cylinder replaced.  I have had the small BBQ tanks replaced at the location opposite the Bougainvilleas/El Torito plaza in the past.

Propane tanks are sold at hardware stores. You will find them less expensive if you look in places other than 'lakeside', by as much as 40%, based on our experience some years ago. I doubt much has changed in that regard.

Then, your gas supplier will exchange your empty new tank for an old one full of propane. So, why not just call for the one you have to be replaced with a full one?

6 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

I feel sorry for Oatsie as all he wants is a phone number of a gas company that speaks English in order to pickup his empty cylinder and replace with a full one. I have stationary tanks some am of no help.😊

EXACYLY !