Chapala.com Webboard

Lore from Charlottes opens new place

Linapolo

Lore who had to close Charlotte Restaurante when her husband was killed last year, is opening a new place in Ajijic called cocina Membrillo.

it is on the corner of Marco Castellano and Zaragoza and opens at noon. The menu has a lot of dishes.

i hope she will get the support at her new venture that she deserves.

• Like 4

Lore deserves to do well. She did a good job at Lake Taco and Fogon de Charlotte.

Located South of Bruno's one block in Ajijic. On the corner green awnings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

That was a  tragic, undeserved death. I think most people remember her as Lori, and her charming young daughter Charlotte. Gringo Hombre - you were a good fan and booster.

Yes, thanks for reminding me of my many great meals there and how warm Lori greeted the customers, and the times that little Charlotte delivered my cuenta with her amazing smile!!!

I will for sure be reviving that relationship soon. I am not good with street names...can someone pinpoint that location with landmark locations, etc...Gracias

We got there around 1 pm and were the only customers.  Later two women came in.  After we ordered, they later came and told us they had no gas but truck was on the way.  It was about an hour before we got our order.  They had a temporary menu to order from.  Waitress showed us the new menu's but said it would be next week before they could be used.  My wife had the chili nogada and I had the fish and chips.  She said the chili nogada was very good but my fish and chips were only so so.  The fries tasted like they were frozen chips but they said they were freshly cut so they did not cook them properly.  They were cooked all the way through which I do not like.  The atmosphere was pleasant and the tables and chairs new.  The staff was very attentive and gave us some extra goodies, and drinks were free since we had to wait.  Over all we enjoyed the restaurant and will be back.  I just won't order the fish and chips. They also said they would start serving breakfast in a week or two.

11 hours ago, artsnob said:

There are two very steep steps and no handrail, I would not be able to get in restaurant without help...

Same problem at the Tango new location.  Too bad that the owners don't think about this, since potential customers sometimes have problems that a simple hand railing would solve.

• Thanks 1

Membrillo means the fruit, Quince. At one time this area was known for its quince production, many tonnes shipped to Portugal to make their famous Marmelada. Many people are mystified by Quince, if you try it raw it has a bitter taste. Some locals like that, with tequila, but most enjoy the unique flavor and beautiful pink color when it is cooked. I find the commercial offerings a bit too sweet, it wasn't until I tried a semi sweetened juice until I was a fan.

Today there are only a few orchards left.

I have a Quince tree in my yard,  I went to Lori's restaurant, Charlotte was there, we reminised about the old restaurant, I had the BBQ Ribs outstanding sauce, the fries were great too,just like before, The chips come with fabulous salsa and the Avacado spicy dip she used to have, Now that I live just down the street I have]two great places to go to... Gosha's and Membrillo...

• Thanks 2