Chapala.com Webboard

Maleman

Maleman

42 minutes ago, bmh said:

Yes true but have you noticed how the Spaniards in Spain treat.peoplwwith Mexican accents?

Mexican ate proud of their Spanish heritage but some Spaniards still act like colonists

If you are saying "Mexicans are not proud of their Spanish heritage"....The ones I know are very proud

"Spaniards still act like colonist", ...I am sure some do because they were...But the observation is too sweeping and general...Like all Mexicans hate Gringos

The ones tjat are fair skin  are proud of their european origin  so We must k ow the same  people.

I know many   people  from Latin America who are saying the same thing  maybe the ones who complain about the way they were treated a happenendo have indien blood or is that a coinidence or maybe darker people have chip on their shoulder.

In Vancouver, where I am from, I met almost exclusively fair skinned Mexicans. 

I was working for an architect couple, making antique stone reproductions and molds. All the Mexicans who visited them were fair skinned, and very wealthy. I got the impression that they immigrated to Vancouver for the future of their children. That back in Mexico, especially in CDMX, there was not only the real possibility of kidnapping, but also like a glass ceiling, that their kids would never break through in their careers, especially in politics.

Of course free medical coverage and free education was another bonus. But they had to pay their taxes, just like everyone else.

Is it true in Mexico that almost all the major "Eurostyle" resort hotels are managed by Spaniards?

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

In Vancouver, where I am from, I met almost exclusively fair skinned Mexicans. 

I was working for an architect couple, making antique stone reproductions and molds. All the Mexicans who visited them were fair skinned, and very wealthy. I got the impression that they immigrated to Vancouver for the future of their children. That back in Mexico, especially in CDMX, there was not only the real possibility of kidnapping, but also like a glass ceiling, that their kids would never break through in their careers, especially in politics.

Of course free medical coverage and free education was another bonus. But they had to pay their taxes, just like everyone else.

Is it true in Mexico that almost all the major "Eurostyle" resort hotels are managed by Spaniards?

Is there such a thing as "Free Medical" coverage, in Canada or say the UK....if you paying taxes there is a BIG line item for medical services, period

In the US depending on your income in many states it is not easy to qualify for Obama care ..the affordable care act …if not health insurance begins around $ 400 per month with deductibles..and very often can be double that or much more for a comprehensive plan . …Big line taxation for health care as you call it in Canada or the the UK is minimal in comparison .

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Is there such a thing as "Free Medical" coverage, in Canada or say the UK....if you paying taxes there is a BIG line item for medical services, period

Well, if a person is low income, they aren't paying income taxes, so yes, the medical care is basically free. 

There is Goods and Services tax, just like in Mexico on most things you buy, but I'm not sure what taxes the medical system is funded out of.

The main thing is you don't lose your house or die on the steps of the hospital in Canada because you can't afford medical care or necessary medications. 

2 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Well, if a person is low income, they aren't paying income taxes, so yes, the medical care is basically free. 

There is Goods and Services tax, just like in Mexico on most things you buy, but I'm not sure what taxes the medical system is funded out of.

The main thing is you don't lose your house or die on the steps of the hospital in Canada because you can't afford medical care or necessary medications. 

With respect medical affordable and " lose your house" is a  different issue to "free" medical services. There are no "free " services" any place, the funding comes from " taxation"... period

I am wrong to say that if you are on Medicaid and you go to an emergency hospital they are obligated to treat.you regardless if you can pay?

IN France a percentage of what you make goes to Social security which include a pension and medical. you get paid net of those so you never see the money and learn how to.live off the net..Also an employee cost a company 50% more than what is paid  which is way more  than  in the US  Someome has to.pay for those vacations

There is no free ride . on top of that we have something like 19 % vat and taxes on salary which we pay at tbe end of the year.

• Sad 1