Chapala.com Webboard

Covid tests at Walmart

What are the daily hours and cost of Covid tests at Walmart? The reason I ask is that on Sunday people were lined up as early as 8 am and the line grew longer by the time we left the store at 8:45 while the tent was still not open.  The hand-printed sign seemed to indicate that they were providing 150 tests between the hours of 9:30 am and 3:30 pm (???).  Should we get there an hour early even on weekdays?

On a side note, there is a sign outside the little strip just west of Marisa's bakery on the carretera saying they do Covid tests for under $300. I've never seen anyone go into the entry or looked in myself but it might be something to check out as an alternative to Walmart.

For those who have lived here a while, it's at the entrance to Rod Collin's Laguna Net office.

Covid is spreading quickly within the Mexican community here, or most likely the Omicron variant.  A fellow that does work for me just tested positive and he said all the test centers are packed now and he knows of a number of people who have tested positive it in the last couple of days..

19 minutes ago, John Shrall said:

On a side note, there is a sign outside the little strip just west of Marisa's bakery on the carretera saying they do Covid tests for under $300. I've never seen anyone go into the entry or looked in myself but it might be something to check out as an alternative to Walmart.

For those who have lived here a while, it's at the entrance to Rod Collin's Laguna Net office.

I heard from Mexican friends that the location is out of tests until February.

Update: Arrived at the Walmart testing site just after 8 am this morning (Tuesday) and there were already 20 or so people in line for the 9 am opening.  By 8:30 the line had doubled. I’m curious as to how many local businesses are requiring their employees to be tested. It seems unlikely??? that international air travel alone accounts for such high demand. 

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Orygun Duck said:

Update: Arrived at the Walmart testing site just after 8 am this morning (Tuesday) and there were already 20 or so people in line for the 9 am opening.  By 8:30 the line had doubled. I’m curious as to how many local businesses are requiring their employees to be tested. It seems unlikely??? that international air travel alone accounts for such high demand. 

Despite the sign that indicates opening at 9. They didn’t start testing until around 9:45  They handed out numbers to the first 50 in line  The remaining people (around 20 or 30) were told to make their own numbers and return at 11:30.

Bring a chair and reading material. Maybe sunscreen.  Lots of patience. 

37 minutes ago, Orygun Duck said:

The remaining people (around 20 or 30) were told to make their own numbers and return at 11:30.

So does that mean that a bunch more folks would show up at 11:30, all bearing.... number 51?

Again.... is Soriana still doing tests also?

3 hours ago, Orygun Duck said:

around 11:00 a.m. long lines at BOTH ends...... I can only assume one for entry / test and other for results?

4 of us got tested at SAT,no waiting and one right after the other because the resort we were going to required it even if you were vaxxed.We were given the written results right away signed by a radiologist.Some places require the test be done by a pro. I forgot what the cost was-phone them.

3 hours ago, bmh said:

what is SAT besides San Antonio or the Mexican IRS.. I wish people would spell out names of places or organizatons , this abrieviations a ridiculous lazy way of referring to places .

SAT has been used ad infinitum on this board as the acronym for the hospital as you know very well. How about SATH which is what I have on my cell speed dial.

On 1/18/2022 at 10:26 AM, RickS said:

So does that mean that a bunch more folks would show up at 11:30, all bearing.... number 51?

Again.... is Soriana still doing tests also?

I though it likely that if all were gringos this would be the result.  I didn't think most locals think that way.  Price of the test was 200 pesos, which likely explains the long lines (compared with places that charge 4 to 5 times more)