Chapala.com Webboard

Butchery bar b q pork ribs

sm1mex

Butchery is a meat venue east of Telmex up on the lateral in Ajijic. They have all kinds of meat and some fish duck and lamb. They will order what you want the weight that you want. The ribs are precooked with a lot of sauce cryovac and frozen. They are a complete rack of pork ribs. Not baby back but not large. They also have baby backs frozen uncooked. We have bought beef brisket. Sonora rib eyes. Frog legs. Ribs and today fresh pork arrechera. Haven’t tried pork but Alajandra  said very tender. Her husband is Walter English spoken and great customer service. Best ribs I’ve had. 

• Like 1

If you get a chance order pork, beef, and usually turkey from Hannah in Guadalajara. The family has a large farm there. She comes to the Lake once a week for deliveries.

Their pork is a heritage breed, much more "porkier"tasting than usual. Right now, they are butchering 2 wild boars, while quantities last. They do not raise beef but she says they have found a beef supplier which has the best tasting prime rib she has ever had in Mexico. Give her one week to fill the order. They also have a big, commercial smoker and are offering, for example, smoked wild boar pork bellies. She is also working on Chinese BBQ pork strips (Char Sui).

Her Facebook page and # are on Pedro's thread about where to buy pork bellies. Like Pedro, we are also fans of their Boston Butt cuts.

• Sad 1

I spent a great deal of time with los 3 butchery on various meat cuts and have recommended them on here and facebook. They are at the mercy of their butcher suppliers who don't seem to care and 3 just goes with the flow, not caring either. My last order for butt was shoulder steaks and the baby back ribs were spare ribs. Their lamb is well over the ideal of 5 months. Their alleged Sonora ribeye is no better than Soriana Select now. I have had those ribs you talk of and they are excellent but I removed most of the sauce and put it in a jar for other uses. My go to for meat is Hannah now. She is a qualified butcher and knows what various cuts are and sells you what you ask for. By the way 3 butchery promised proper replacement and it never happened.

On 1/17/2022 at 12:44 PM, sm1mex said:

Precooked in sauce ready to eat. Will never cook another pork rib. They are fall off the bone delicious. Just heat and eat. 

I scraped most of the sauce off and put it in  jar in fridge for later use on other things and then i finished them on my weber bbq. Had them twice but I have a few dif ways of doing ribs from scratch so that's what I get