Chapala.com Webboard

Pot Prevents Covid Says OSU Professor

Stream

10 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Interesting situation in Canada. You can't buy pot or liquor from government run stores unless you have proof of vaccinations. Anti Vaxers will have to rely on bootleggers 🔹😂😂😂😂😂😂

And T.B is planning to tax those not vaccinated (hope to be dead before this BS hits Santa Maria).

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Interesting situation in Canada. You can't buy pot or liquor from government run stores unless you have proof of vaccinations. Anti Vaxers will have to rely on bootleggers 🔹😂😂😂😂😂😂

Actually a lot of the supposed anti-vaxers started lining up for vaccines when they found out they couldn't get into a dispensary or liquor store.

Priorities, ya know.

• Haha 2

On 1/13/2022 at 1:56 PM, HoneyBee said:

Can I order come from Mercado Libre ? 😏

No, you have to make homegrown organic like the rest of us. This one looks dam tasty, but they do not ship to Mexico. If you want I could combine our order. You have to go through my grower in Dublin, Ireland. It is shipped super stealth. No one suspects Ireland of being a source for exotic cannabis varities, but they are.

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/new-strains/thaia5hazefem.html

Drugs are old fashioned and out of style and everyone quit. If you want to get dizzy like a wild high try believing some politicians and the news :) 

I think if you eat the roaches it prevents catching the virus :) But don't smoke them.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Chillin, some secrets aren't supposed to be shared on a public forum.  😄

Not a secret. It has passed the Mexican Senate three times now by a strong majority. They want to control all cannabis seeds, and when they are sold they want a full accounting from seed sale to consumption. Impossible.

Five years ago the head of police for Jalisco publicly announced they will not be knocking down doors of seniors growing a couple plants. You might be surprised how many Mexican seniors grow to make pain ointments, etc. Medicantes de Abuelas.

The permits for consumption and growing up to 8 plants are not yet available. I think the annual cost is 200 pesos.

The secret is that the cartels are growing with slave labor and use a lot of herbicides and insecticides. The rumor now is that they are introducing a new strain, when actually it is the same old crap, dusted with Fentanyl. An addictive poison.

« The secret is that the cartels are growing with slave labor and use a lot of herbicides and insecticides. The rumor now is that they are introducing a new strain, when actually it is the same old crap, dusted with Fentanyl. An addictive poison.« 

thats what’s keeping us old timers away. It’s not the same anymore. Some of us have arrhythmias, digestive and respiratory problems and who knows what’ll happen if we start lighting up.

Try some milder strains. Some are very low THC, mostly CBD. Back in the day, Mexican brick weed was 6 to 8% THC. That one I sent in is a whack a doodle 19.45%, not a beginners ride.

The point is to grow to put the cartels out of the weed business. Even if is to give away. I have given away more than I have ever consumed, but a sharp prosecutor could decide that is distribution. 

The cartels will switch to hard drugs and sex trafficing.

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

« The secret is that the cartels are growing with slave labor and use a lot of herbicides and insecticides. The rumor now is that they are introducing a new strain, when actually it is the same old crap, dusted with Fentanyl. An addictive poison.« 

thats what’s keeping us old timers away. It’s not the same anymore. Some of us have arrhythmias, digestive and respiratory problems and who knows what’ll happen if we start lighting up.

No need to light up. Cannabutter makes lovely brownies...

• Like 1

One can also make a tea with variable doses, dialed in over time to suit one's needs. The cannabis must first be decarboxylated. This can be done in an oven at about 250 for about 20 to 30 minutes or super low heat in a covered pan on the stove. I do it in a cast iron pan for 40 minutes, stirring and turning occasionally. This activates the cannabinoids so they can be diluted into the water. The fairly crispy cannabis can then be powdered and stored until used to make tea. Steep for 15+ minutes. Start with very small amounts (e.g. 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon) and give it a long time to take effect, especially if you are unaccustomed to edibles. 

Decarboxilation. I forgot about that. Many years ago in Mexico,  I made green dragon and gold dragon. The decarb is put in a coffee filter, then overnight in the freezer, cane ethyl alcohol 95%, then pour it on. Run a max of five times before the alcohol warms up. Throw the cannabis away. Get a metal tray, pour the liquid in, then put it out in the sun. It will evaporate quite quickly. Then you are left with a tar like residue. Scrape what you can, it is very sticky. The next stage is to add a liquor of your choice. I used Presidente Mexican brandy. You can use, and save, the brandy to clean your pan. The green dragon uses "trim", left over from trimming flowers. Gold dragon uses flowers. Just a few drops under your tongue. Be patient, to start. Yum.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:51 PM, Jreboll said:

Car drivers had no problem complying with seat belts when they started getting tickets and increased insurance premiums for not complying. Something similar should have been done with antivaxxers.

535152382_seatbelts.jpg.58a5e87f998408cf8563e3d3bd189d30.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 10:07 AM, Stream said:

This might get some governments to start legalizing quickly like for instance Mexico possibly. Might make a few laughs for more than one reason at hospitals. I'm sure it will increase beer sales to cruise ship passengers. I can see a few guys in court busted for smoking pot in public using the defense that "they feared for their life".

This explains why Oregon has low infections compared to other states hehehe. Figures by the end of the week nobody is going to be catching covid. 

Just love these studies that come out of Portland where marijuana is legal and from the smells on the street and the number of stores selling the stuff  is quite liberally used . You would think then  that the last two years of lockdowns, closed restaurants, etc would not have happened.   Oddly enough,however,  we will not be able to go Maskless indoors until March 19 although the CDC has now eased their mask requirments.Plus, there is a sizeable number of people who will never give up  their masks and will never stop crossing the street if someone else is on the sidewalk.  People here are still wearing a mask driving alone in their cars.  - if only they knew how safe they were simply by a puff of marijuana.   Since there is so much marijuana legally available, I am wondering why our Governor didn't just suggest we all smoke - ingest - innoculate or whatever one does with marijuana in order to quell the Covid outbreaks which have scared everyone to death.

Oregon also happens to have the LEAST number of IcU and hospital beds available in the country for the size - and every increasing  population   It is particularly odd that nothing is being done about building more since we are also awaiting the earthquake that is going to make Covid seem like a bad flu season. 

I'm from Seattle, WA. Since our state made Pot legal, apparently fewer kids are smoking it. Why, apparently because now that it is legal, it is not as fun to smoke.

Oh well, I'm happy here lakeside in Ajijic doing just Coke. That's all I need. 

Oops, I am out of diet Coke, guess I will have to have a Pepsi Light :)  

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, dottiejane said:

Since there is so much marijuana legally available, I am wondering why our Governor didn't just suggest we all smoke - ingest - innoculate or whatever one does with marijuana in order to quell the Covid outbreaks which have scared everyone to death.

If you had bothered to read the study in question, you would realize that your comments are senseless. 

It was specific isolated compounds found in cannabis that were found to have a positive effect under laboratory conditions. Smoking a joint or eating a pot gummy bear doesn't do it. 

It's like thinking one could just eat a foxglove plant to deal with their heart problems, because digitalis, derived from the leaves of foxglove, is used as a heart medication. But foxglove is a poisonous plant you would get really sick or die from ingesting.