Chapala.com Webboard

Pot Prevents Covid Says OSU Professor

Stream

This might get some governments to start legalizing quickly like for instance Mexico possibly. Might make a few laughs for more than one reason at hospitals. I'm sure it will increase beer sales to cruise ship passengers. I can see a few guys in court busted for smoking pot in public using the defense that "they feared for their life".

This explains why Oregon has low infections compared to other states hehehe. Figures by the end of the week nobody is going to be catching covid. 

• Haha 1

I saw that in another report.  Actually it is two hemp compounds that apparently block covid.

Careful now, you don't want to get some of the group all excited falsely.  :D 

Some cannabis compounds can prevent the virus that causes COVID-19 from entering human cells — but smoking marijuana offers no protection against the illness, according to a study by Oregon State University.

The researchers found that a pair of hemp compounds — cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, CBDA — bind to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, blocking a vital step in the deadly bug’s path to infect people.

“These cannabinoid acids are abundant in hemp and in many hemp extracts,” said lead researcher Richard van Breemen at Oregon State’s Global Hemp Innovation Center in the College of Pharmacy and Linus Pauling Institute, KTVZ reported.

“They are not controlled substances like THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, and have a good safety profile in humans,” he said.

“And our research showed the hemp compounds were equally effective against variants of SARS-CoV-2, including variant B.1.1.7, which was first detected in the United Kingdom, and variant B.1.351, first detected in South Africa,” Breemen added.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/12/marijuana-compounds-can-block-coronavirus-from-entering-cells-study/

There’s another antivaxxer touting drinking your own urine to combat covid.  That’s something MC could get excited about.

Reminds me of when I used to work at the Edgewater Hospital (since abandoned) in Chicago in the early 70s.  All the urinals in the restrooms would drain into buckets. This urine would be collected and used to manufacture urokinase, one of the first fibrinolytics developed.  True story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jreboll said:

There’s another antivaxxer touting drinking your own urine to combat covid.  That’s something MC could get excited about.

Reminds me of when I used to work at the Edgewater Hospital (since abandoned) in Chicago in the early 70s.  All the urinals in the restrooms would drain into buckets. This urine would be collected and used to manufacture urokinase, one of the first fibrinolytics developed.  True story.

I could never match your excitement at getting jabbed so many times you become a human pincushion.  :D 

5 hours ago, RickS said:

In case one missed this part.... —" but smoking marijuana offers no protection against the illness, according to a study by Oregon State University".

Hash and buds eaters will be happy to hear that. Some labs are bound to recheck his info making a destructive temperature available. Then the cooks making butter will be going just below that temp. Covid cure on toast.

29 minutes ago, Stream said:

Hash and buds eaters will be happy to hear that. Some labs are bound to recheck his info making a destructive temperature available. Then the cooks making butter will be going just below that temp. Covid cure on toast.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT???

7 hours ago, gringohombre said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAT???

Saw some guys all sick wasted after eating some flower checking plants in the jungle. I don't advise that. They were sprawled out holding stomaches looking more sick than wasted.

If the what is for destructive temperature and butter, the usual making pot butter to cook with is take the stuff in butter up to a certain temperature that activates the get wasted ingredients that get imparted into the butter then the pot is strained out leaving butter usable for cooking. Evidently the OSU guy is saying a certain temperature destroys what prevents covid. Hence when some of the people that make edible pot find out the temperature limits of what helps they are bound to play cook with it putting it in food and candy.

Breaking News:

https://babylonbee.com/news/stores-refusing-to-sell-chicken-noodle-soup-after-rumor-covid-patients-are-using-it-to-feel-better?utm_source=Gab&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=Gab

U.S.—Supermarkets nationwide are no longer selling chicken noodle soup in an attempt to combat COVID-19 self-medication with unauthorized treatments. Medical experts have grown concerned by a recent trend in the infected to self-medicate with the popular soup to feel better.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki confirmed a mandate to limit chicken noodle soup was recommended by the CDC. “As in the case of Ivermectin, a known horse de-wormer, many people were attempting to self-medicate with a hot bowl of soup. This is giving people a false sense of security and leading to violent overdoses in which belching and nausea occurred,” she clarified.

When pressed for more information Psaki referred reporters to the CDC, which will not answer their phone calls.

Racist Fox News reporter, Peter Doocy, then asked if clam chowder was being pushed as an alternative to chicken noodle because Dr. Fauci had investments in the clamming industry. “The American people want to know if the government is being influenced by Big Clam,” he added.

Chicken noodle soup will still be available with a doctor’s note and valid proof of insurance.

• Haha 1

I think the point is it is an easy bug to. kill. Hand soap, dish soap, laundry soap, hand sanitizers over the counter meds etc take the virus out. As time goes on I think more discoveries will come forth. 

Limiting chicken soup. Have people gone crazy! 

14 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

I think the point is it is an easy bug to. kill. Hand soap, dish soap, laundry soap, hand sanitizers over the counter meds etc take the virus out. As time goes on I think more discoveries will come forth. 

Limiting chicken soup. Have people gone crazy! 

Ask the chickens 😊

• Haha 2

New cure for Covid - must read

Fact Sheet: Curing Your Covid-19 With Urine

Christopher Key, the leader of the “Vaccine Police” organization that opposes Covid-19 vaccinations, recently shared that drinking urine could cure coronavirus. As the world’s leading nonpartisan news source, The Onion strives to give our readers the facts and let them decide what is true. Here’s a fact sheet answering common questions about curing your Covid-19 with urine therapy.

Q: How much urine should I drink?
A: Covid-19 is a respiratory disease, so you’ll need to drink enough to fill both lungs.

Q: Can I use someone else’s urine? 
A: Only if they’re the same urine type as you.

Q: Isn’t urine supposed to go into the toilet? 
A: No. Toilets were invented by greedy pharmaceutical executives to keep drug prices up.

Q: Is this treatment approved by doctors? 
A: Most doctors agree that urine can exist safely inside the human body with little to no negative side effects.

Q: What happens if I don’t drink my urine?
A: Is that really a risk you’re willing to take?

Q: Does urine need to be purified before using it?
A: Couldn’t hurt to run it through the Brita first.

Q: What if I can’t go?
A: Sorry, we’ll turn around so you can have some privacy.

Q: Does urine contain microchips?
A: Yes, but only in trace amounts of the microchips that are already in your body.

Q: Are there any concerning side effects I should know about? 
A: Only if you consider “feeling amazing” and “great umami taste” concerning.

Q: Does the third world have urine yet? 
A: Not until the cowardly Biden administration releases the patent for piss.

https://www.theonion.com/fact-sheet-curing-your-covid-19-with-urine-1848340835

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

New cure for Covid - must read

Fact Sheet: Curing Your Covid-19 With Urine

Christopher Key, the leader of the “Vaccine Police” organization that opposes Covid-19 vaccinations, recently shared that drinking urine could cure coronavirus. As the world’s leading nonpartisan news source, The Onion strives to give our readers the facts and let them decide what is true. Here’s a fact sheet answering common questions about curing your Covid-19 with urine therapy.

Q: How much urine should I drink?
A: Covid-19 is a respiratory disease, so you’ll need to drink enough to fill both lungs.

Q: Can I use someone else’s urine? 
A: Only if they’re the same urine type as you.

Q: Isn’t urine supposed to go into the toilet? 
A: No. Toilets were invented by greedy pharmaceutical executives to keep drug prices up.

Q: Is this treatment approved by doctors? 
A: Most doctors agree that urine can exist safely inside the human body with little to no negative side effects.

Q: What happens if I don’t drink my urine?
A: Is that really a risk you’re willing to take?

Q: Does urine need to be purified before using it?
A: Couldn’t hurt to run it through the Brita first.

Q: What if I can’t go?
A: Sorry, we’ll turn around so you can have some privacy.

Q: Does urine contain microchips?
A: Yes, but only in trace amounts of the microchips that are already in your body.

Q: Are there any concerning side effects I should know about? 
A: Only if you consider “feeling amazing” and “great umami taste” concerning.

Q: Does the third world have urine yet? 
A: Not until the cowardly Biden administration releases the patent for piss.

https://www.theonion.com/fact-sheet-curing-your-covid-19-with-urine-1848340835

Golden showers are in vogue. Can’t have a sex party without them.

• Haha 2