Chapala.com Webboard

Local dentist with lab for quick denture?

This is just a WAG as I have not used her, but she has CAD/CAM equipment which would be required for a fast turn-around...

Dra Rocio.   From another Post lately   " She's right above Panache in that little strip to the right of Bugambilias Plaza. If you cross the street on the same side, there's a parking area first  for Fedex, Dermika, Maria's, etc. The main  building to their right is where she's located on the 2nd floor. There should be a sign for Ajijic Dental. The 3D printer is just amazing."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tingting said:

Thumbs way up for Dra. Rocio. She's very quick to respond if you have a problem. I know she has the dental printer, so I would assume something similar for dentures. Give her a call.

I had called her from the recommendation by Rick S here and she booked me the next day (yesterday). She took the molds and rescheduled me back tomorrow (Saturday) to check the "bite". Very impressive! Will update here with the good news (hopefully) when all is completed. Gracias

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Mine was less a 'recommendation' than a 'heads-up' as I have not used Dra. Rocio. 

Let us know what you think AFTER you've worn the partial for a while.  Does she have a 'lab' and/or using CAD/CAM equipment? 

Yes, she does have a lab, thus the quick turnaround. Not sure of the equipment but will check. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 12:37 PM, gringohombre said:

I had called her from the recommendation by Rick S here and she booked me the next day (yesterday). She took the molds and rescheduled me back tomorrow (Saturday) to check the "bite". Very impressive! Will update here with the good news (hopefully) when all is completed. Gracias

My lower denture cracked. I need to fix it as it's about to break in half.  Can't eat with est. How did you fare? Cost? What's Dra Rocio's address, and  ph no please? Thanks

10 hours ago, CADmn said:

My lower denture cracked. I need to fix it as it's about to break in half.  Can't eat with est. How did you fare? Cost? What's Dra Rocio's address, and  ph no please? Thanks

Thanks for reminding me…actually I wanted to wait a while to see how they “settled in”. The short answer is an A+ rating! There was a little problem with the lower since there was some pain with the bottom left of the denture pressing into the gum. I decided to see if it would improve by taking it out at night to let it heal and now it is fine. I did ask her about the CAD/CAM equipment and she confirmed it and even sent me a photo. I had gone to dental Express and they gave me a kind of run around and told me it would take at least a month because of the metal work they needed to use in conjunction with the plastic (Dr. Candy was about the same). I then went to see Dra. Rosio and she informed me that there now is no need for the metalwork with the plastic and that it would take 2 weeks. Her price was $10,000 for the better enamel teeth option (total of $20.000 for both upper and lower partial.) There was 2 trips for the molds and fittings, and there was a slight problem since I lack good “anchor teeth” in the upper (car accident in my misspent youth). She then completely redid this with metal hooks. Final result was as I indicated, very good and her service and complete attention was excellent. The office is directly across the carretara from Telmex… just West of  Bugambilias Plaza (same side), 2nd. floor of that little strip mall there. Her # 376-766-3682. Tell her that Dennis sent you (she would say gringohombre, who!). Hope it works for you. 

Dra. Rosio.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

Thanks for reminding me…actually I wanted to wait a while to see how they “settled in”. The short answer is an A+ rating! There was a little problem with the lower since there was some pain with the bottom left of the denture pressing into the gum. I decided to see if it would improve by taking it out at night to let it heal and now it is fine. I did ask her about the CAD/CAM equipment and she confirmed it and even sent me a photo. I had gone to dental Express and they gave me a kind of run around and told me it would take at least a month because of the metal work they needed to use in conjunction with the plastic (Dr. Candy was about the same). I then went to see Dra. Rosio and she informed me that there now is no need for the metalwork with the plastic and that it would take 2 weeks. Her price was $10,000 for the better enamel teeth option (total of $20.000 for both upper and lower partial.) There was 2 trips for the molds and fittings, and there was a slight problem since I lack good “anchor teeth” in the upper (car accident in my misspent youth). She then completely redid this with metal hooks. Final result was as I indicated, very good and her service and complete attention was excellent. The office is directly across the carretara from Telmex… just West of  Bugambilias Plaza (same side), 2nd. floor of that little strip mall there. Her # 376-766-3682. Tell her that Dennis sent you (she would say gringohombre, who!). Hope it works for you. 

Dra. Rosio.jpg

Thanksver much for the update Dennis. Good to hear that you've had good service. My preference would be for someone in Chapala but she sounds excellent. I'll give her a call.

• 4 weeks later...

Final update on Dra. Rosio...EXCELLENT!!!

As I related in my previous post, the initial procedure of replacing an upper and lower partial went very well. However after a couple of weeks I noticed that there was a change...I realized that there was a crown missing on the upper far right molar and also the filling had come out! This was not at all the fault of Dra. Rosio since this work had been done many years ago. Since this was an anchor tooth, it seems that the old crown was displaced by the new strong metal hook and the filling with it. I never found this so assume that it went down with my lunch! Now here is the good news. I went back and the good Dra. told me that she would replace the crown and filling and would have to take a new mold to be able to reconfigure the partial to the new  situation. The first fitting did not turn out well, so back to the lab to add a new film of plastic on the inside and also another hook. Next fitting: PERFECT! Now the real good news...She only charged me for the new crown and filling...NO CHARGE for the reconfigured partial. I waited for a few week for this update to be assured that all would good and thus the 5 star review here!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1