Chapala.com Webboard

Vaccination Cetificates Invalid

In planning a trip to the UK this spring, I checked out entry requirements relative to Covid vaccination. I'm fully vaccinated and have the Mexican government vaccination certificate. The UK Government website lists the countries from which vaccination certificates are accepted. Mexico is not on the list.

More research uncovers the following from the British Embassy Facebook page:

"British Embassy, Mexico City: The UK requirements for vaccination certificates are based on World Health Organization guidelines (https://www.who.int/.../WHO-2019-nCoV-Digital. ..). These requirements include a Date of birth that appears explicitly on the certificate, to allow information about the vaccination event to be linked to a specific person. More details can be found at gov.uk (https: //www.gov.uk /.../ countries-with-approved-covid-19 ...).

Currently, Mexican vaccination certificates do not have this information, so they cannot be considered valid proof of vaccination. Faced with this situation, we are in talks with the Mexican authorities"

Has anyone else tried to travel to the UK with a Mexican vaccination certificate?

29 minutes ago, jrod said:

Curmudgeon, I just checked my original, handwritten vaccination receipts and both have my date of birth on them.

Unfortunately the official certificate with the QR code does not, except as embedded in the CURP, which apparently does not meet the WHO specs.

• Like 1

Every official source I can find says the original documents are valid. That might work, no? (I've been waiting since July to get my federal certificates amended--both are incorrect; after 5 requests and checking today, still nada...) 

¡Suerte!

On 1/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, Curmudgeon said:

In planning a trip to the UK this spring, I checked out entry requirements relative to Covid vaccination. I'm fully vaccinated and have the Mexican government vaccination certificate. The UK Government website lists the countries from which vaccination certificates are accepted. Mexico is not on the list.

More research uncovers the following from the British Embassy Facebook page:

"British Embassy, Mexico City: The UK requirements for vaccination certificates are based on World Health Organization guidelines (https://www.who.int/.../WHO-2019-nCoV-Digital. ..). These requirements include a Date of birth that appears explicitly on the certificate, to allow information about the vaccination event to be linked to a specific person. More details can be found at gov.uk (https: //www.gov.uk /.../ countries-with-approved-covid-19 ...).

Currently, Mexican vaccination certificates do not have this information, so they cannot be considered valid proof of vaccination. Faced with this situation, we are in talks with the Mexican authorities"

Has anyone else tried to travel to the UK with a Mexican vaccination certificate?

Damn.

I'm betting that as the world creeps closer to requiring a vaccination "passport" that more and more European countries will require something that Mexico does not seem able to provide.  It is now Jalisco policy that you have to show (supposedly) proof of vaccinations to get into place like sporting events, concerts, theaters, shopping malls, etc.  Also it seems that the only docs approved are those from the government website which have the QR codes and not the ones filled out by the vaccine administrators.  For many folks locally there has been a problem getting those official documents from the website.  We got ours for the first two shots of Pfizer in Tlajomulco but nothing yet from the booster of Astra Zeneca in Jocotepec.  We have plans to see Europe later this year but if we can't provide an officially approved document we might not be able to go.

I know the reason for this latest government  move is twofold.  Everybody is trying to avoid the disaster of lockdowns and at the same time further encourage everybody to get vaccinated to slow the spread and mutation of Covid in the general population.  I predicted a year ago that the unvaccinated portion of the population could prolong the pandemic and cause the eventual demand for vaccination passports.  Hold on to your hats folks...it's going to get ugly.

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well in France you now need proof of 3 vaccines and the ones that are approved to get anywhere including restaurats.. Otherwise a 45 euro test will do every time you want to go out and eat..

Europe is not for me this year. Covid is crazy there and the next variant is  already there, it has the speed of micron and the nastyness of Delta.. nothanks.. WHo knows what they will require by the time this wave and the next are over.

19 hours ago, barrbower said:

I'm betting that as the world creeps closer to requiring a vaccination "passport" that more and more European countries will require something that Mexico does not seem able to provide.  It is now Jalisco policy that you have to show (supposedly) proof of vaccinations to get into place like sporting events, concerts, theaters, shopping malls, etc.  Also it seems that the only docs approved are those from the government website which have the QR codes and not the ones filled out by the vaccine administrators.  For many folks locally there has been a problem getting those official documents from the website.  We got ours for the first two shots of Pfizer in Tlajomulco but nothing yet from the booster of Astra Zeneca in Jocotepec.  We have plans to see Europe later this year but if we can't provide an officially approved document we might not be able to go.

I know the reason for this latest government  move is twofold.  Everybody is trying to avoid the disaster of lockdowns and at the same time further encourage everybody to get vaccinated to slow the spread and mutation of Covid in the general population.  I predicted a year ago that the unvaccinated portion of the population could prolong the pandemic and cause the eventual demand for vaccination passports.  Hold on to your hats folks...it's going to get ugly.

Alan

Alan, according to Jalisco health, your speculation is incorrect: "Also it seems that the only docs approved are those from the government website which have the QR codes and not the ones filled out by the vaccine administrators." The original documents provided at the time of your injections are indeed valid proof. (See the middle image, below, from the state) plus the governor posted yesterday on his FB page that the paper copies are sufficient proof: 

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.pngFavorites  · 15h  · 

A partir de mañana, viernes 14 de enero, entran en vigor las nuevas medidas para cuidar tu vida y defender Jalisco de la alza de contagios por la variante del #COVID19, ómicron. No vamos a parar nuestra economía y esa es una gran noticia, pero no podemos bajar la guardia.
De inicio, para entrar a espacios de recreación hay que presentar tu certificado o papeleta de vacunación, de aquí o de otro país. Si no te quieres vacunar, tienes la libertad, pero no el derecho sobre los demás, hay que tener tu PCR negativa con 48 horas de vigencia.
Ya sabemos que sin salud no hay nada, sigamos haciéndolo bien. Lo más importante para enfrentar la pandemia es la conciencia. Te dejo toda la información en este enlace, entra, infórmate y pasa la voz: gobjal.mx/PlanCOVID2022.

271857029_2248151795326768_8755468313650243840_n.png

That's great!  Thanks.  Many here locally never got the official doc so this will make things easier for many.  I hope that the WHO and all countries soon realize that a single standard for documentation of vaccination is going to be impossible to provide and enforce.  We have some friends here who never got any paperwork from at least one of the vaccine applications and are still trying to get that cleared up.  Multiply that by the thousands and the same kinds of problems exist throughout the world.  Everybody is trying their best and some flexibility and common sense will be needed.

Alan

sm1mx, I cancelled too although I was going for my mother 100.. I just helped a friend to travel through 3 countries and no thanks, it is not for me. As you say the requirements change without warning, and it is a nightmare.. Also covid there is really bad right now. 6 people in my close family have it and I have a nephew with an 8 months old baby in th ehospital on oxigen. All my family is vaccinated, some have had covid twice and so on.. Who needs this on a trip..that is no fun.

Is there a official Goverment certificate for the Booster shot ?

the official Mexico certificate with the QR code  includes the first and second shot, but  now that Mexico offers the option of a booster, is there an official certificate for that ? 

As several countries now require proof of the booster, how is Mexico handling it - any one knows for sure ?  If so how where to get it ??

I have had  a booster, I do not have the certificate yet but i am sure they will have something with a code eventually. THe certificate I woud think will be available on the internet same place as where the other certificates came from. Call the number they give , they will tell you how to get it if you are in a hurry.

QR code from Mexico may not do you any good.  The QR code from the Euro countries uses a scanner that will not open the USA QR code and I doubt if it will open the one from Mexico. 

Here in Seattle, when one gets his booster shot, one is given a thick paper card. On the card the person giving the shot writes the type and date of the injection. There is no mention of a QR code.

The same procedure was followed for the first two shots. Again, no QR code. Only a thick piece of paper with the data written down. This paper is like an oversized card slightly smaller than the size of your passport, making it easy to carry inside your passport when travelling. Again, no mention of a QR code anywhere on the document.

27 minutes ago, johanson said:

This paper is like an oversized card slightly smaller than the size of your passport, making it easy to carry inside your passport when travelling. Again, no mention of a QR code anywhere on the document.

Pete, I got something similar when I got vaxed in Canada this summer. QR codes are not on the card you get- you have to go online to generate a vax QR code. Not sure if there is a website for that in Washington State, but there might be.

There doesn't seem to be any of the recent booster information on the website yet.  So nothing with the QR code is available.  I'm not sure that calling a phone number is going to get it done any faster.  Part of the problem with the vaccination proof provided by Mexico is that the scan code only takes you to the website (as most QR codes do) where you would enter your CURP and get the email later to see your vaccine history which has the QR code.  Try to imagine a customs official anywhere in the world trying to scan that and then make a timely determination as to one's eligibility for entry.  The fact that the sheets don't have a birth date on them seems silly when the code itself tells them nothing.  Additionally some countries will accept only some types of vaccines. 

It's going to get uglier before something is done that makes sense for everybody around the world.  And for the non-vaxed...forget it.  Plan on just staying home for the near future.

Alan

IT is unfortunate that Mexico never seems to be able to comply with worldwide standards!

That said, it appears that using a QR code only serves you if you are in Mexico. That would be equivalent to giving someone in another country your Social Security number, which is the closest thing that your CURP appears to be in Mexico.   So, how would you expect another country  to accept the equivalent of your Social Security number, when they could not obtain any information associated with your Social Security number ( or CURP #, same difference) ??

That is my takeaway from the information surrounding a CURP, which drives your QR code.  It yields information ONLY for the government entities in Mexico that have access to your QR Code or CURP.

If this interpretation is correct, then we are all in deep trouble in having wonderful travels to Europe.  They might require you to get a Covid test each time you want to enter a restaurant -- at least as currently is the standard in France.  What a nightmare !!

Secondly, and separate from my comments above.  I don't see a foreign government accepting an invoice of your vaccinations.  I think the vaccine certificates issued by the Government of Mexico will be the driving document.  IF the information on that document does not suffice the foreign government's requirement for a date of birth, then buena suerte !!