Chapala.com Webboard

Natural immunity not panning out

On 1/9/2022 at 10:21 AM, gringal said:

What's hard to understand is why posters bring quotes from those admittedly far right/religious sources  instead of from mainstream news....and they never seem to learn that of course, we are going to check them out!!

🙃😉

What's hard to understand is why posters bring quotes from those admittedly far left/anti religion mainstream news sources....and they never seem to learn that of course, we are going to check them out!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It doesn't have to exist for them to reference it Gringal, it's just what they do/say.  I am what can be considered Moderate to Left and I have NEVER seen an anti-religious mainstream news source!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

By summer ya'll should resemble human pincushions.  Unless you die from heart inflammation, blood clots, stroke, or lots of other stuff they don't want you to notice.

My advice to the serial jabees is to just make sure your affairs are all in order.

Not recommending this.....but working out OK for him, anyway:

https://www.ahri.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/MEDRXIV-2021-268439v1-Sigal_corr.pdf

A small but interesting study. I was going to post it here the other day but was not sure whether it would be considered as left or right. I think that people are beginning to treat science as a religion or as something which is factual, when it really is a method of asking questions. 

• Like 1

Well no, but....  Omicron does 'appear' to be 'wiping Delta out', seems to be much more contagious, and 'may' come with less severe symptoms if/when contracted. Maybe.  Also I *think* that the jury is still out as to the effectiveness of current vaccines/boosters against this variant. Maybe.  

I tried to read through timjwilson's small study link but I guess I'm just not smart enough to come up with a real definitive conclusion. Too many variables.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, timjwilson said:

I think that people are beginning to treat science as a religion or as something which is factual, when it really is a method of asking questions.

Right timj, but at least it is a method to begin to understand something. Better than just throwing some things against the wall and seeing what sticks. And for me much better than assuming that some god or some social media pundit has all the answers and anything 'it' says over and over just must be true... without questioning. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RickS said:

Well no, but....  Omicron does 'appear' to be 'wiping Delta out', seems to be much more contagious, and 'may' come with less severe symptoms if/when contracted. Maybe.  Also I *think* that the jury is still out as to the effectiveness of current vaccines/boosters against this variant. Maybe.  

I tried to read through timjwilson's small study link but I guess I'm just not smart enough to come up with a real definitive conclusion. Too many variables.  

Yes like many similar studies, it is more of interest and setting up for continued 'analysis/hypothesis' and questioning. That is why I did not try to draw any conclusion from it. It also has some flaws. In all that I have read I still have seen no solid evidence that the (present) vaccines could work to curtail the spread of the virus, thus dulling the opinion many have that it could have been stopped already were it not for the folks not getting vaccinated. Certainly they are trying for this effect in Israel, so we should soon enough see. They certainly have the cream of scientific minds,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timjwilson said:

https://www.ahri.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/MEDRXIV-2021-268439v1-Sigal_corr.pdf

A small but interesting study. I was going to post it here the other day but was not sure whether it would be considered as left or right. I think that people are beginning to treat science as a religion or as something which is factual, when it really is a method of asking questions. 

Doesn’t this follow nature’s law that when two organisms occupy the same niche one of them survives and the other one becomes extinct?

• Like 1

The newest Covid therapy promoted by anti-vaxxers is drinking their own urine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/anti-vaxxer-tells-supporters-the-new-covid-antidote-is-in-urine-therapy/ar-AASFObo?li=BBnb7Kz

It must be true, Epoch Times, QAnon, Bitchute, Faux news, Newsmax, Infowars, and Truth Social are all on board with this.

• Haha 1

Saw an interview done by a girl named Sophie with a Russian that studied the original SARS-CoV-1 and had seen the curreent covid. The original covid SARS-1-CoV morphs/vectors more radically when exposed to antibodies. The virus can infect and does infect some antibodies where it gets even more radical changes. He said SARS is a very dangerous virus. On the changes the virus does with itself when multiplying by taking over a cells genetics and killing the cell and spitting out new virus it's a roll of the dice for a virus change being a worse or less deadly. I'm sure you know the odds shooting 50 50 one way or the other. Part of the interview that got me was the guys experience and the way he acted. He seemed like he was interested in staying well clear of any form of the virus. I don't think most persons understand a lot of cells get infected and every one of the cells the virus uses dies so the body has to work hard to repair. That's why so many persons take a long time to recover. Seeing the virus can reinfect persons it doesn't seem like catching it does anybody any good especially any following infections seeing it likes low circulation areas, which is why older and sick persons are more damaged and younger do better. 

My opinion is stay clear of it :)

15 hours ago, timjwilson said:

If that is directed to my post, I'm sorry I do not follow your logic (if any).

The link you posted suggested that Omicron is no big deal and, if you get it, has positive effects on the immune system. You have posted before that you've had Covid and that your natural immunity is enough. Was the article posted not an affirmation of that view?

People who are immunocompromised or have other kinds of health issues do not have that view. And no one can tell by looking at someone if they have those health issues because there is no physical manifestation. The vaccines and the boosters HELP normal, healthy people by making infection less serious, keeping you out of the hospital and less likely to die but they do not make you bulletproof. However, if you don't get, you can't pass it on. The flip side of that is that one may be totally unaware they are infected if they are asymptomatic. Catch 22. Just do all that you can do to protect yourself and others. Vaccines, boosters, masking, distancing, etc. There are plenty of links to show that vaccination boosts the immune response of those who previously were infected with Covid. THAT was my point.

This article and video are already old since it's from last November (aka before Omicron) ... For some immunocompromised people, the pandemic 'doesn't really end' with the vaccine - CNN

When the hospitals are filled to capacity with covid cases, as they now are, NOBODY gets ANY kind of health care. When the staff in the hospitals is stretched thin because they are infected, it's a disaster in the making.

To quote Stream "My opinion is to stay clear of it".

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ferret said:

The link you posted suggested that Omicron is no big deal and, if you get it, has positive effects on the immune system. You have posted before that you've had Covid and that your natural immunity is enough. Was the article posted not an affirmation of that view?

People who are immunocompromised or have other kinds of health issues do not have that view. And no one can tell by looking at someone if they have those health issues because there is no physical manifestation. The vaccines and the boosters HELP normal, healthy people by making infection less serious, keeping you out of the hospital and less likely to die but they do not make you bulletproof. However, if you don't get, you can't pass it on. The flip side of that is that one may be totally unaware they are infected if they are asymptomatic. Catch 22. Just do all that you can do to protect yourself and others. Vaccines, boosters, masking, distancing, etc. There are plenty of links to show that vaccination boosts the immune response of those who previously were infected with Covid. THAT was my point.

This article and video are already old since it's from last November (aka before Omicron) ... For some immunocompromised people, the pandemic 'doesn't really end' with the vaccine - CNN

When the hospitals are filled to capacity with covid cases, as they now are, NOBODY gets ANY kind of health care. When the staff in the hospitals is stretched thin because they are infected, it's a disaster in the making.

To quote Stream "My opinion is to stay clear of it".

" You have posted before that you've had Covid and that your natural immunity is enough."

Please do show me where. I have stated that I need to trust in my immunity from prior infection. I have repeatedly stated I am not anti-vaccine, that I might consider a single vaccination, if available, as that is what MOST scientific studies point to as conferring maximum immunity. To explain; recovery from covid combined with a SINGLE vaccine. However none of the protocols have followed this 'observation/conclusion' so I have been unable to actuate this.

You may have noticed me mention that I do fall into a group which can be harmed by vaccination (neuromusculoskeletal disorder). As for the studies I just try to follow and sometimes spread empirical evidence. My only conclusion, so far, is that people should have a choice to be vaccinated or not. Should that evidence change so there is a vaccine which stops the spread, then my conclusion (mind) will change.  

The paper posted points to the possibility of the natural evolution of the virus winding down so to speak as Jreboll (sp?) noted.

6 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Mainecoons, the Rand Paul of the web-board.     Sigh.     

Hernia surgery has been practiced for decades in the United States but when Rand Paul needed it he went to have it done in Canada.  Why didn’t he stay over there?  

17 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

Hernia surgery has been practiced for decades in the United States but when Rand Paul needed it he went to have it done in Canada.  Why didn’t he stay over there?  

Because Canada is smarter than the US and won't allow just anyone to squat in their country. They also require an ID to vote. And yet, many Americans are up in arms against fellow Americans who are also for those ideas. So those people are either hypocrites or Canada is racist, one or the other.

• Like 1