Chapala.com Webboard

Natural immunity not panning out

Omicron doesn’t seem to be respecting natural immunity or herd immunity expectations.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/omicron-natural-immunity-doctor-161847721.html

India’s use of Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine hasn’t helped it avoid effects of the pandemic.

https://www.science.org/content/article/covid-19-may-have-killed-nearly-3-million-india-far-more-official-counts-show?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=NewsfromScience-25189

A recent Danish study found that a fully vaccinated individual in an Omicron-infected household was about as susceptible to get infected as an unvaccinated individual. Boosted individuals were about half as susceptible. That’s substantially worse than what the vaccines could do against Delta, where they provided a 57 percent drop in susceptibility even without a booster.

The study indicated that among the unvaccinated, Omicron spreads only somewhat more easily than Delta. It was among the vaccinated that the variant made the largest headway, leading the researchers to suggest the virus has evolved in a way to dodge the vaccine-induced immunity.

• Like 1

Big difference between "infected" and "deceased".  The fatality rate of the vaxxed vs non vaxxed is more important than the infection rate.   In addition many others are on surgery wait lists due to the non vaxxers who are parked in the ICU.

Spin it however you want, the bottom line is most of those body bags are of the non vaxxed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Kiko said:

Big difference between "infected" snd "deceased".  The fatality rate of the vaxxed vs non vaxxed is more important than the infection rate.   In addition many others are on surgery wait lists due to the non vaxxers who are parked in the ICU.

Spin it however you want, the bottom line is most of those body bags are of the non vaxxed.

Natural Immunity works just fine for me--In a sea of viruses; germs; and other nasty critters in the air--my creator set me up ; just fine-  for thousands of years--HA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bobby brown said:

Natural Immunity works just fine for me--In a sea of viruses; germs; and other nasty critters in the air--my creator set me up ; just fine-  for thousands of years--HA

Best of luck to Bobby, hopefully you are not immune compromised.  Not everyone shares your good health.  You are fortunate.  

3 minutes ago, Kiko said:

Best of luck to Bobby, hopefully you are not immune compromised.  Not everyone shares your good health.  You are fortunate.  

No !--I am not lucky--except for the luck of the Irish--God tells me the clues to survive--I do not trust "MAN"--Man works for money !-Fuchi lied to Paul face to face about gain of function and poor Ron Paul blinked--Poor Ron Paul;--He has never seen up close pure evil----HA

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kiko said:

Kiko--Good news ! This Fiasco of Covid is over !!!!!!!!!!--two to three months this demon will be sent to hell and it's minions--I have more , but it is not appropiate  for this platform--

Just now, bobby brown said:

Kiko--Good news ! This Fiasco of Covid is over !!!!!!!!!!--two to three months this demon will be sent to hell with it's minions--I have more , but it is not appropiate  for this platform--

Kiko-- I'm feeling giving -- Since this war is ending, The secret of health is lots of "Garlic" to heal and to protect from demons--Bobby

12 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

A recent Danish study found that a fully vaccinated individual in an Omicron-infected household was about as susceptible to get infected as an unvaccinated individual. Boosted individuals were about half as susceptible.

Can't actually read the study there without giving The Epoch Times, Sean Hannity's favorite read,  one's email address. THAT'S not going to happen for me!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

• Like 2

What's hard to understand is why posters bring quotes from those admittedly far right/religious sources  instead of from mainstream news....and they never seem to learn that of course, we are going to check them out!!

🙃😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Can't actually read the study there without giving The Epoch Times, Sean Hannity's favorite read,  one's email address. THAT'S not going to happen for me!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Tech Tip: In this case at least (not in all situations), you can enter some made-up email address and then read the article. This works because they let you  read without verifying the email.

If you need a temporary email address (i.e. a throw away address), you can use WhateverYouWant@mailinator.com - Then you can go to mailinator.com, enter the email name you chose and read the message.

The mailinator thing doesn't work everywhere (such as the epoch times) because they know these are throw away email addresses and disallow them. But it does work in a lot of situations. Don't use for anything confidential though; these throw aways can be read by anyone. 

• Thanks 1

IMO, in between 10 and 30 years, if not 100, a lot more will be known. Even then, things change daily w/mutations. Individuals are just that. What works on/for one may/will not work on his/her neighbor.

We today, are the largest clinical study, and will benefit the next generation.

IMO, best chance  --  Masks, distance, wash. Tried and true.

• Like 1

I’m visitng Ajijic for two months.  Have 2 weeks left.   What are xpats doing regarding Omicron?  I’ve noticed empty restaurants etc.   My concern is being able to get back in the U.S. with a negative test in two weeks.  I’m double vaxxed and boosted in the US.  Is this a wild fire?  Should I return at extra expense now while I am negative?  If I get sick I would lose my flight and need to find new lodging (which sounds difficult). If I’m very sick I’m not sure whether I’d run into a problem with self care but being triple vaxxed maybe it’s not an issue.  How are expats handling Omicron?

Wear a kn95 mask at all time while with other people and stay away frlm.crowded places and go on  with youf visit. 

Check with your airline  but it happened to one of my friends and the airline let him change his flight.. He had to.pay for the difference on the price bug no.penalty.

I  do not know anyone who got covid recently so Cannot say about  omicron

What the OP neglects to point out is this:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/12/211223151542.htm

A new study from Columbia researchers, in collaboration with scientists at the University of Hong Kong, adds more evidence that the omicron variant can evade the immune protection conferred by vaccines and natural infection and suggests the need for new vaccines and treatments that anticipate how the virus may soon evolve.

So, worst case, neither natural immunity or jab immunity works very well against Omicron.  But at least natural immunity doesn't include all those lovely side effects that has made the jab the most dangerous vaccine ever.

Meanwhile, the good news is the latest, but by no means probably the last, version of the CCP virus is more like the common flu and cold and the Brits report the same death rate for it as the flu, 0.025 percent or less.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10358361/Omicron-nearly-100-TIMES-deadly-seasonal-flu-scientists-believe.html

You're really much more likely to die from getting flattened trying to cross the Carretera these days.

It is interesting when one really digs into this report being parroted by the usual MSM suspects, which is all the OP cites, they are all just repeating what yet another "Doctor" bureaucrat is speculating without a lot of hard information behind it and very carefully written to make sure the full story including the good news is left out.

Very well designed to keep the hysteria going.

Mass Formation Psychosis

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I’m sure you volunteering in a covid unit of a hospital and not using a mask would prove to us how serious you are of preferring natural immunization.

you keep referring to all those « lovely side effects » of vaccination without coming up with hard information.  

I suppose you didn’t accept the report from India either.

all the facts, all the world events are going against your narrative but you just keep blabbering your same stupid nonsense

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

It's not about YOU Mainecoons, it's about protecting OTHER PEOPLE FROM GETTING IT. If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

Facts: on December 20th, 2021 the reported stats (which we know are lowball)... the second set is from YESTERDAY.

nacional 14,724, jalisco 509, chapala 0, jocotepec 0, ixtlahuacan 1, tuxcueca 0 and tizapan 0.

nacional 147,514, jalisco 5,493, chapala 6, jocotepec 8, ixtlahuacan 11, tuxcueca 0 and tizapan 0.

Omicron is VERY contagious. IF you have been vaccinated or have natural immunity and have been boosted, YOU, personally, MAY not be affected as badly if you catch it. However, there are people who are more susceptible because they have underlying health issues or whose underlying health issues prevented them from being vaccinated. Please consider THEM in your self righteous tirades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes. This is typical after COVID vax campaign if you follow the dates you will notice a spike in infections coincidence or not that's what I have seen.

I'm assuming there will be a big spike soon as well after the Banda El Recodo played last night to a packed crowd in Jocotepec. If anything this might help speed up herd immunity.

Too funny. That's why the cases went steadily UP during those dates and the vaccination campaign started AFTER the local authorities noticed the trend. Horse was already out of the barn.

BREAKING NEWS

(SATIRE)

Diseases Are Reimagined through Covid Combinations

BY MARY UNICORN ON JANUARY 9, 2022

The CDC and Anthony Fauci have a major new concern. No it is not a Zombie Apocalypse. It is that Americans might no longer be afraid of COVID-19/Coronavirus. As a result something new had to happen. So together using the partnership with CNN and the rest of the Main Stream Media they plan to start by pushing new diseases with cool names.

Currently Planned Diseases

• Flurona -Really the most obvious to start with and it is already in the news. This is not a new beer or a city in Italy. It is what you get when you combined stupid with the News.
  • Carpelrona – Does your wrist hurt. You probably have Carpelrona virus. Go get a test. We are certain it will be positive.
  • Coronapox – People who have not had chicken pox or the vaccine can get this double whammy.
  • Bubonicrona – This is not a night club and if it was I would tell you not to go there. We do know that like the plague it is spread by rats. This time the rats are CNN Reporters.
  • Dementiarona – Very communicable for the elderly. We must protect Joe Biden from adding the dementiarona, even though many experts believe he already has it. The View has suggested that people with this condition should continue to take daily vaccines to prevent deterioration.
  • Psoriaticorona – Principle symptom added are skin plaques. Luckily completely harmless so the CDC is recommending only 5 additional Vaccines.
  • Rheumatoid Rona – Principle added symptom is swollen joints and a mad desire to play Canasta. Here is some very important medical advice, do not use a Corona Vaccine if you are allergic to the Corona Virus vaccine or Corona Beer.
  • Ricearona – The San Francisco treat. Warning this may involve massive dumps which the locals understand very well. You may also get infected when involved in mob lootings or CVS or Walgreens. Something really stinks about the whole thing.
  • Elphantirona – This is just a bigger cooler version of Corona. One big Vaccine will make you fine. Still you should likely not use the Q-tip that Chris Cuomo had on his show, hence why his show has been cancelled.
  • Shysterona – This is currently spreading like wildfire in the legal community.
  • Lep-rona-sy – Only Jesus can save you now. It you don’t want to wait for him to come back consider taking a bath in vaccine since no one has tried it yet. Who knows it may work.
  • Gonorrona – We just want to talk about how you got it, ok?
  • Mad Rona Disease – aka mad bat disease, aka bat flu is an incurable and invariably fatal neurodegenerative disease from cattle (or bats). Symptoms include abnormal behavior, trouble walking, and weight loss. Does this remind you of anyone?
  • Bicovid Disorder – It sounds like a mental disorder and it is not far from the truth. You get this when you have two different variants at the same time. Omicron Delta Kappa It may sound like a Frat but instead it is TriCovid Disorder. What is even worse if the fact that the different Variants effecting you may have not been identified yet and they change frequently. New variants can come out ever day like Deltacron.
  • Hand Foot and Rona – For those who put their foot in their mouth like Biden. Just wash your hands.
  • Rona Dismorphia – Are you confused by your light symptoms. Maybe a mild cough and a runny nose. You may think you do not have Rona but you most certainly do. If you deny the test results you must certainly have Rona Dismorphia. Quick the only cure is taking Remdesivir until you get organ failure.

The thought is people are tired of new variants so new combinations should get people more interested(and scared). The good news is that soon every disease will be Covid. We at DogFacePonia are looking forward to Corona Lyme Disease. Corona is just better with a lime and Lyme Disease is better with a Corona.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1