Chapala.com Webboard

Need BIG Paper Mache Bird

Natasha

My big guy is 16 years old and has spent all that time with chest portion facing direct sun ( 3 different houses) so is self-destructing on front side. Bought this one in Riberas but that store is long gone. Checked out the guy near Ajijic tianguis on the carretera but his stuff is horrid.

Haven't been to Tonala in 20 years so guessing it won't be at all like I remember.... nor will the be way to get there. 🙃Does anyone have a good suggestion, and maybe a web site, I can check out first?  I have a picture but can't figure out how to  load it here so Ferret  is being kind enough to do that for me later.

Present one is 41 inches (1 + m.) from top of head to tip of tail.... hanger not included. Needs to be this size again and requires hanger, not standing perch.

Gracias in advance.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Natasha said:

My big guy is 16 years old and has spent all that time with chest portion facing direct sun ( 3 different houses) so is self-destructing on front side. Bought this one in Riberas but that store is long gone. Checked out the guy near Ajijic tianguis on the carretera but his stuff is horrid.

Haven't been to Tonala in 20 years so guessing it won't be at all like I remember.... nor will the be way to get there. 🙃Does anyone have a good suggestion, and maybe a web site, I can check out first?  I have a picture but can't figure out how to  load it here so Ferret  is being kind enough to do that for me later.

Present one is 41 inches (1 + m.) from top of head to tip of tail.... hanger not included. Needs to be this size again and requires hanger, not standing perch.

Gracias in advance.

Natasha, why don't you find a local artist to repaint the front of this McCaw? Then they could apply a sun resistant clear coat.

• Like 3

Geeser if you know someone please let me know. The front is already very degraded and would have to be built up again first......  don't know enough about paper mache to opine possibility of repair. But certainly willing to try if you have suggestions.

More like total road rash cure head to nearly tail!! 🤣

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

We got one at the store on Colon on the corner across from the jewelry store and diagonal from Mi Mexico. 

When, and how tall (head to tail)?  They've never had one this large when I've been in there but maybe I could order one? Thank you

18 hours ago, Natasha said:

Gracias in advance.

Natasha, i just came down the Caraterra and saw the man with a canopy selling these paper mache birds at 1:00 today, Saturday. He is on the lake side of the road near the glorietta in La Foresta.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Natasha said:

More like total road rash cure head to nearly tail!! 🤣

When, and how tall (head to tail)?  They've never had one this large when I've been in there but maybe I could order one? Thank you

A couple of years ago. Total bird.  It's about 20 inches in total length.

4 hours ago, geeser said:

Natasha, i just came down the Caraterra and saw the man with a canopy selling these paper mache birds at 1:00 today, Saturday. He is on the lake side of the road near the glorietta in La Foresta.  

Thankyou Geeser but he's the guy whose stuff SUCKS! 😝 (I M O )

23 hours ago, RickS said:

Natasha it sounds to me like your guy just needs 'breast augmentation'.... no?

Decided to turn him around and have a better look. While there IS a 4 inch vertical crack mid-chest with deterioration, the much worse damage is the entire tail..... where chunks have actually fallen off!  No saving this guy 😞  Once I find a new one he'll go out in the  garden on a hanger under a monster palm tree, facing trunk,  where we can still enjoy him until the rains come...........

On 1/8/2022 at 10:00 AM, ibarra said:

We got one at the store on Colon on the corner across from the jewelry store and diagonal from Mi Mexico. 

Went to see Sra. Teresa today. End result of LONG discussion.... she's going to Tonala this Thursday, knows someone who MIGHT be able to help, and if so they will get in touch with me direct.  Hope springs eternal.......🤞

• Like 2