Chapala.com Webboard

Solving a Factura problem at Costco

I bought 15000 mxp prescription drugs at Costco on 28 December 2021 and then applied, as is required by them for my factura. The very stupid response was: "28 December 2021 was last year...you waited too long to request your factura..." I called and they said..."you should return your unopened drugs, get a credit and a new date of 5 January 2022, "which is this year" 

So I drove into the Costco....waited on line, showed the email from them...and was told...." drugs can't be returned for any reason!" 

Manager !!!!!! I demanded.....He said "go back and purchase the same items again  and we will issue a new invoice and cancel the old  invoice......"

Result: An acceptable factura; an unnecessary trip to Costco; came home with exactly the same items that I was credited for......and a factura that should have been issued with no hassle. And this business is considered top of the top.......I worry about them.

5 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

Facturas can only be issued on same month.  You should of requested one immediately 

True. He will not be able to get them to do what he is asking for. It is the month not the year that prohibits issuing a "factura".

On 1/5/2022 at 4:04 PM, Fred Habacht said:

and a factura that should have been issued with no hassle. And this business is considered top of the top.......I worry about them

Actually, they went out of their way to accommodate you. 

It has nothing to do with the specific business- it has to do with tax/factura regulations for all businesses. Facturas can only be issued for the month in which the purchase was made. And they can't backdate a factura.

Before blaming a business for something, it's prudent to inform oneself of why you can't get whatever you want.

Recently I was charged at Costco for a pharmacy item at the pharmacy and again at the regular checkout. I didn't notice until I got home. They were very quick to give me a credit.

I agree that Costco is a great retail option and I transferred my US membership when I moved here full time 14 years ago and made the long trip there maybe every 2 months to stock up on staples, essentials and other products. When Walmart opened here maybe 4 years later I Immediately switched and have not been to Costco since. Maybe I am paying a little more and the service is not as good, BUT it is right here in my neighborhood and they have almost all the same products as well as the bakery that I consider quite good. Folks here on this board at that time were howling about the traffic congestion (that was not as bad since the recent changes there) and the fact that some small local businesses would be affected. However, I am a free enterprise guy, and guarantee that if you took a poll of the locals here Lakeside (as well as expats) they would overwhelming give a thumbs up to Walmart!!!

• Sad 1

I've never been one of those people who walks out of Costco with an overflowing shopping cart, but my Costco list consists of the Kirkland aged cheddar cheese, organic frozen blueberries, Kirkland butter, Kirkland French Roast coffee beans (or better still,although they seldom have it, SFBay organic coffee beans, which are fantastic) Dave's Good  Seed bread, the organic spring mix salad, organic protein powder, almond butter, and a few other things. They actually carry a lot of the Kirkland products at La Comer, which is the other big store I shop at, but the prices are marked up almost double.