Chapala.com Webboard

AstraZeneca Boosters and vaccines this week!!

jrod

After yesterday's disastrous rollout of the boosters, they seem to have gotten their act together today. Neighbours were in line at 8 am. They opened the doors at 9 and at noon they were home. Not bad.

41 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Fed Govt announced 40 years or more can now register for the booster

The Mexican or US Federal government?

• Confused 2

43 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Duh. Mexico. 

Been available in USA for months.

Duh is right. Your post was not clear. I have no idea what the situation is in the US. There are many Federal governments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cedros said:

Duh is right. Your post was not clear. I have no idea what the situation is in the US. There are many Federal governments.

IF my post had been about a different country like the USA, Canada, Latvia, Japan etc  I would have posted the name of the country, In case you haven't noticed we are in Mexico and the thread is about boosters in Mexico

Thus duh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

IF my post had been about a different country like the USA, Canada, Latvia, Japan etc  I would have posted the name of the country, In case you haven't noticed we are in Mexico and the thread is about boosters in Mexico

Thus duh

I repeat your post was not clear as to which government you were referring to. Why just not use the name? Many post on boards refer to the president-meaning the US president. I was going to send this "Fed Govt announced 40 years or more can now register for the booster" to a friend who didi not qualify for the booster in Mexico a few days ago and his first question would have been which President and government.

Thus my question. 

• Confused 2

This might sound like a dumb question by now but... I just found out about this today, will go tomorrow.  I have all the IDs, etc.  I have a MX driver's license and permanente visa.  My address, CURP, and age are already on my driver's license.  If I give them copies of those cards, both sides, does that count as your curp?  I also have my comprabante from previous shots.   The Vaccination Route site does not have an option to register for over 60, only the young folks.  

What else do I need to do or have?  I'm just pixelated at how complicated this whole thing is.  The MX govt. is not experienced in organizing such a huge effort as well as maintaining records.   Gracias in advance.

9 hours ago, cedros said:

I repeat your post was not clear as to which president you were referring to. Why just not use his name? Many post on boards refer to the president-meaning the US president. I was going to send this "Fed Govt announced 40 years or more can now register for the booster" to a friend who didi not qualify for the booster in Mexico a few days ago and his first question would have been which President.

Thus my question. 

I never mentioned the president.  He did announce it. If you read the post it was clearly stated who announced it.

Since there is only one president in our country your "friend" should know his name even though his name has nothing to do with registering for the booster.

Just now, artsnob said:

I got my Booster shot today, there were 600 people in front of me, it took 4 hours, very well organized, they never asked to verify my address...

you do not need one if your I D whichever you show has a local address ie chapala, Ajijic... If your ID is not a Chapla address you need proof of residence. My ID is a Chiapas ID so i needed proof of residence in Chapala.

28 minutes ago, bmh said:

that is an improvement.

Yes, an improvement. There were multiple lines the first day and movement between the lines.

I was there this afternoon, no proof of address is required. There is no residency address on any of my ID, so they did not know where I live. I needed the 2nd shot paperwork, the Certificado de Vacinacion , CURP, Comprobante de Refuerzo registration and ID. My Id was my permanente visa. No address on that. Driver's license is no good for anything except the trafficos when they pull you over. They fill out a form for the third shot, similar to the ones for the first and second. 

Maybe they droped the need for local address who knows it changes every day. 

I had a CFE bill just in case and the woman just before the entrance asked for it..I told her it was not on the list of required papers but she insisted so  ,i pulled it from.my purse.

The drivers licence is good at the airport.. 

They make up the requirements and the topes as tjey go so one line  helps to cut down on the interpretation ..

Has anyone heard that they are planning to set up a vaccine station at the Technological Institute as they did last year?
I was vaccinated there in September and was impressed by their efficiency. We were out of there in under two hours, and they had parking at the top of the hill for the disabled, as well.
(I am due for a booster shot in February or March.)

The line in Chapala was 3-4 hours long. Many of the elderly, handicapped and pregnant women can't stand that long. Why not have more locations, have the vaccinations more often or have more lines so that no one must wait a long time? Why? Because that would be thoughtful, organized and professional. I remember when banks had stamps and stamped everything for 15 minutes. Eventually they figured out how stupid that was so maybe they will figure out how to efficiently vaccinate people. Mexico now has the highest death rate of 20 countries so they better figure it out soon.

There is no consistency and that is the problem.. The other location is superioir for people who have acrs otherwise not so much so especially for old people in wheelchairs  without a caThey should give priority to people on wheelchairs and walkers to start with, sometimes they do sometimes they do not. When they have older people thy should have chairs or some types of appointments like they have in Guadalajara. They are lots of places that are a whole lot more orgaized than Chapala.. 

In CHiapas the day of the old folks, we had chairs under a tent when we got in , were offered water and bananas and had a marimba band playing music.. If the poorest state in the nation can do this it seems that Jalisco could do better.

• Like 2

One thing I like down there is the respect they have for old people who always have priority. Same in Oaxaca. Old people cut in line in front of everyone else period and it is expected.  Onne day I enter a room full of hundrerd of people mostly indigenous and I sat in the back.. where I should have been. Someone came and took me to the head of the line, told some indigenous  women to move from thir chair and told me to it in the front. I was mortified and thought they did it because I was not indigenous but then I realized they did it because I was old..so I got over my embarassement pretty quickly and enjoyed that perk.

• Like 1