Chapala.com Webboard

Paying House Taxes

hensley

22 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

For property taxes, Chapala will take a credit card.  SIMAPA will not, at least they didn't last year.

Paying property tax relatively early has been very fast for us in previous years.

We can walk to SIMAPA to pay that one. 

Hi Maincoons.  Is the deadline to receive the discount the end of February or do you know???  thanks mucho

It was posted in another thread that one advantage of becoming a citizen is 50% discount on taxes.  Well... my husband nationalized 6 years ago and,  for the past 2 years I have taken his INE card and MX passport to pay taxes.  I was told each time that we only get the discount for paying early.  Does anyone know what we need to do to get the 50% discount?  

23 hours ago, ibarra said:

It was posted in another thread that one advantage of becoming a citizen is 50% discount on taxes.  Well... my husband nationalized 6 years ago and,  for the past 2 years I have taken his INE card and MX passport to pay taxes.  I was told each time that we only get the discount for paying early.  Does anyone know what we need to do to get the 50% discount?  

We didn't receive any replies to this so I am going to try one more time to get a response.  Thanks

10 hours ago, ibarra said:

We didn't receive any replies to this so I am going to try one more time to get a response.  Thanks

The 50% discount is not on the total. It is on the base figure. If you are paying early the 15% discount that is on the total might be greater or very close depending on the size of the property. They will explain the difference when you get the payment slip if you ask. 

In Jocotepec...I present our citizenship copies, voter ID card and copies of our senior citizen proof. The 50% discount is for seniors who are citizens and not just for citizens. When we were refused years ago my attorney sent them a notice showing that we were entitled to the discount in the state of Jalisco...I always refer to that when and if questioned. For years now, they take my copies and issue the discount.

Note that your voter card must be current if that is what you use as proof. We always make many copies but only one is ever kept with the "contribution" bill.

I get a discount of 50% on a base amount that does not exceed 500,000 pesos and my total discount on the rest is about 25%....my total house payment after conversion to the USD was 48.00usd and my Aqua bill for the year, which includes Basura was 75.00usd. I always present all my copies with last years billing.

On 1/4/2022 at 2:55 PM, Fred Habacht said:

I get a discount of 50% on a base amount that does not exceed 500,000 pesos and my total discount on the rest is about 25%....my total house payment after conversion to the USD was 48.00usd and my Aqua bill for the year, which includes Basura was 75.00usd. I always present all my copies with last years billing.

Just to be clear  immigration status and location,  I'm an not trying  to be  nosy just want to  understand  factually,  gracious 

I went this morning and paid with cash.  I asked if my senior discount card (INAPAM) would provide an additional discount and he took the card and entered the number.  In the end, I did get a 15% discount but not sure how much of that was the early pay credit and what (if any) was the senior discount.  I'm not a citizen but I am permanent resident.  It was not too crowded and pretty organized so I spent about twenty minutes in the building.  Plenty of spaced seating, everybody was masked, hand sanitizer as you entered, and chairs were being sanitized between customers.  Counters were wiped several times as well.  Oh, and my annual tax bill was just over 1,500 pesos...just about 6 USD per month.  I'd gladly pay a lot more if there was any hope that services would improve as taxes went up.  Sadly, not the country we live in.  Still wouldn't go back to the US though.

Alan

That's sort of what I figured.  I guess he thought if he made a show of taking my discount card I would leave happier.  Actually the only place I have personally gotten to use that card is at museums.  We got in for free at quite a few in places Mexico City.  They say it works for bus travel as well but I never tried it.  It doesn't do any good for medicines since they all have a suggested price on the box which is always higher that what they will charge you anyway so no discount there either. 

Thanks, Alan