Chapala.com Webboard

Large amounts small change

adolphsj

Before Covid, there was a local woman who paid for a number of pretty handpainted clay piggybanks. These banks could only be opened by smashing them. They were distributed for people to put in their small change, or bills if they wanted to. The piggybanks were then given as prizes by teachers to students who had excelled in some way or another. Great program.

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

There is a Piggy Bank program here that helps fund a girl's home.  You can contact the owner of Quinta del Sol in Ajijic to get a free piggy bank.  http://www.quintadelsolajijic.com/  I fill one up every year.  

Thanks  for the promo Bisbee Gal! I have empty banks for anyone who would like to participate. The banks go to Love in Action during a 3 Kings Day party each year. We will be giving out last years on Thursday Jan 6.

On 1/1/2022 at 4:32 PM, CHILLIN said:

Another good thing about piggy bank programs is that it may not be enough to drastically change lives, but coins are handy for bus fares throughout the year.

Liquipure you are a very lucky person, getting to see all those Mexican smiles lighting up on King's Day.

I do not have a time yet, but we (Love in Action and me) always welcomed everyone to come. I'll post the time as soon as I get it.

If you are out in the community, I don't see where you will ever have spare change.  You have the beggars at the Ajijic Tiangus, Superlake, and the main street of Chapala plus poor nino's.  In fact I have to limit it.  One beggar at the tiangus, one at Superlake and one in Chapala plus the nino's.  I try to keep a few pesos back for the autobus but its hard.