Chapala.com Webboard

Chinese vaccines do not control Omicron

geeser

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

You ARE a target in this colossal experiment.  Anti vaxxers are not immune from this attack. Going the opposite direction on the highway and thumping your nose at everyone else just makes you look  stupid.  I don’t give a damn what you do, just stay 6 ft away from me.

I believe in natural immunity--and you stay 6 feet away from me--our immunity if taken the jab is gone--

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

"And still, more people died from Covid in 2021 than died from Covid in 2020. [In the US]  In 2021, swaths of the country fought mask mandates, opposed vaccination mandates, objected to any measure designed to slow the spread of Covid that they perceived as an impediment on their ability to resume pre-pandemic activities.

This insistence on returning to life as normal came at an unfathomable cost — the loss of hundreds of thousands of parents, grandparents, great-grandparents. Aunts and great-aunts, uncles, and great uncles. Cousins. Friends. Coworkers and supervisors. And still, big chunks of the population refused to get vaccinated, refused to wear masks, insisted SARS-2 was a hoax, or was no more threatening than the flu.

“It almost is inexplicable,” Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told me when I asked him about this last month. 

For me, it is incomprehensible."

"About the Author:

Helen Branswell

Senior Writer, Infectious Disease

Helen covers issues broadly related to infectious diseases, including outbreaks, preparedness, research, and vaccine development.

@HelenBranswell"

Her ending quoted above sums up the main problems specfically because of these uniformed/misinformed citizens are perpetrating on themselves and their informed citizens regarding the pandemic. Jerks!

• Thanks 1

It's so simple, rather than taking the advice given by many posters, why not check with your family Doctors. Many of us have at least two, one in Mexico and one up North, in my case, Seattle. 

They both strongly urged that I get my Covid vaccine shots.

Oh, the family Docs of my close relatives also recommended that one gets his Covid shots.

Are these vaccine shots guaranteed to work? No but all the Doctors I have talked to, said that they will help to keep me from becoming very ill.

Me, I have had to Pfizer shots and get a Moderna shot (spelling?) Thursday at 4 PM at my local Pharmacy.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ibarra said:

What happened to deciding to simply disagree about something?  Why the hatred?  We all have differing opinions about many, many issues.  We aren't clones of each other. 

It isn't simply a matter of a differing opinion when your "opinion" puts other people's lives at risk. Which the aanti-vaxers seem to be either imcapable of understanding or don't give a hoot about anyone but themselves.

• Thanks 4

21 hours ago, barrbower said:

I agree with MC about lockdowns and the adverse effects on everybody but especially on kids.  But imagine what a child feels when a parent dies from Covid or a grandparent has lingering symptoms and the child watches them suffer.   Or a favorite teacher quits teaching because of school board/parent fights over mask rules.  There are many aspects of this pandemic that cause issues.  Those issues are not limited to only the attempts to control the pandemic but many are the result of folks choosing not to participate in the battle. 

In a perfect world a new vaccine would completely eliminate one's risk of getting sick but "don't deny the good for lack of perfect."  Over 800,000 in the US have died and millions will have lingering effects of long Covid.  Many of those deaths and complications could have been avoided if everybody got vaccinated.  No pharma, government, or scientist has promised that these vaccines are a guaranteed preventative.  I wish they were and maybe one day there will be one.  The seasonal flu has killed millions over the last fifty years and docs still recommend getting an annual flu vaccine to help prevent serious illness and slow the spread especially to those in high risk categories.  Just because they aren't perfect is not a reason to ignore their value. 

Due to may years of mandatory vaccinations for school age kids there are many diseases which are mostly gone now.  Small pox, rubella, diphtheria, polio, mumps, etc. are nothing to worry about in most countries but anti vax sentiment might make those mandatory vaccinations a thing of the past and we might have to deal with those illnesses again.  Maybe one day we will have a perfect vaccine that wipes out the common cold, flu, and the SARS type virus.  I'm sure they are working on it.  But until then, we should do what we can to keep kids safe, schools open, businesses operating normally, traveling safe, gatherings fun, and politics out of medical science. IMO, that means getting vaccinated and following common sense protocols and let's avoid lockdowns and mandates. 

Alan

Alan don't forget that those vaccines took years to develop and get approval. None of them that were forced on children were experimental. Officials at Nuremburg had a lot to say about experimental drugs being forced on people by the governments.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mudgirl said:

P.S. She isn't a "second stringer". She's Vice President of the United States. 

Is it the fact that she's a woman, or that she's a person of color that leads you to dismiss her like that? 

Should it be surprise that you want to play the race card and top it with the gender card. I call her a second stringer because she is utterly incompetent.  "The vice president will oversee space, the internet, voting rights and the U.S. border". It’s a big order, and so far, we have seen nothing substantive in any of those realms. You might want to check her approval ratings to see what her other constituents think of her performance thus far. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

Now, tell me again that the vaccines don't work. 

image_2021-12-29_145413.png.97359b94608c184581f87309315099ba.png

Not surprising given the government up there is blocking effective treatments.  Good thing we live in Mexico, eh?

Also I do not trust CDC data at all.  It doesn't agree with data coming from other parts of the world.  I think they cook the books to try and back up their failed single solution approach.

This same CDC was telling you a week ago that 80 percent of the new cases were Omicron.  Go check the figures now.

Go right on believing and jabbing.  It is your right to do so.  It is my right to not do so.

Why has a ship full of 100 percent vaccinated sailors have to be sidelined because of a covid outbreak?

Why has nearly 100 percent college football and NFL cancelling games left and right because of covid outbreaks?

Why are cruise ships with fully vaccinated by requirement crews and passengers having covid outbreaks.?

Now compare this to the results from vaccines that work.  For example the last case of smallpox in the U.S. according to your CDC was in 1949.  The WHO declared the world free of smallpox in 1980.

That's a vaccine that works.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johanson said:

It's so simple, rather than taking the advice given by many posters, why not check with your family Doctors. Many of us have at least two, one in Mexico and one up North, in my case, Seattle. 

They both strongly urged that I get my Covid vaccine shots.

Oh, the family Docs of my close relatives also recommended that one gets his Covid shots.

Are these vaccine shots guaranteed to work? No but all the Doctors I have talked to, said that they will help to keep me from becoming very ill.

Me, I have had to Pfizer shots and get a Moderna shot (spelling?) Thursday at 4 PM at my local Pharmacy.

Ahhhh.  A reasonable moderator.  We could use more of these on this forum. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, geeser said:

Alan don't forget that those vaccines took years to develop and get approval. None of them that were forced on children were experimental.

More untrue statements, simply made up BS. I suggest you look up the history of the polio vaccines. They were trailed on children in institutions. And they were in mass use very shortly after being approved. 

mRNA research and applications have been going on since the 60's. It isn't experimental technology. The only experimental thing about Covid vaccines is finding out how well they work for a new virus that science had no knowledge about prior to 2 years ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

More untrue statements, simply made up. I suggest you look up the history of the polio vaccines. They were trailed on children in institutions. And they were in mass use very shortly after being approved. 

I was THERE when the polio outbreak happened. There was no choice about being vaccinated.  We were all jabbed.  Guess what?  You all know what.🙃

• Thanks 1

I also remember the fearful summer months with closed beaches, because of Polio, the sadness of hearing of another kid in an iron lung, etc.  Yes, we all got immunized ASAP.  We oldies all have smallpox innoculation scars, and the deadly disease has been eliminated, but samples are said to be held by certain governments in "strategic reserve". Think about that.

The latest from the CDC website,  PCR tests can't differentiate between the flu and Covid and they won't be using them after 31 December.  So, statistics previously reported by them are suspect.  Could that be why there weren't any reports of the flu last winter? You betcha.

• Thanks 1

I guess we each have our own ways of evaluating data. One can choose to believe data from CDC, WHO, and tens of thousands of scientists and medical professionals worldwide, or dismiss them and believe a few rouge experts out to get their 15 minutes of fame and a discredited doctor selling questionable supplements on the Internet. Your choice.

What is not understandable to me is what "right" anyone has to make a choice of spreading a deadly virus to other people. I am fairly familiar with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and the Bible and don't know of anywhere is gives a person the right to deliberately, irresponsibly, put the health, well-being and lives of others at risk.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RVGRINGO said:

I also remember the fearful summer months with closed beaches, because of Polio, the sadness of hearing of another kid in an iron lung, etc.  Yes, we all got immunized ASAP.  We oldies all have smallpox innoculation scars, and the deadly disease has been eliminated, but samples are said to be held by certain governments in "strategic reserve". Think about that.

RVgringo, I was jabbed every July for 10 years.  I had a natural immunity so I never scarred. Even though we had the papers showing the vaccine, since I had NO scar it was same all over each year. I learned to hate needles. 

1 hour ago, gringal said:

I was THERE when the polio outbreak happened. There was no choice about being vaccinated.  We were all jabbed.  Guess what?  You all know what.🙃

I fail to see your point. You claimed that the polio vaccines weren't experimental and were approved long before mass polio vaccines were given. Which is false. The first vaccine was trialed on a child at an institution, and then they did more trials using institutionalized children.

This is a prime example of the attitude of antivaxers. The woman is sick, says she has an active case of Covid, yet is out in a crowd of people, maskless, obviously not giving a damn who she infects or whether it results in their death. The stupidity and self-absorption is astounding. This is why the pandemic still rages.

https://www.rawstory.com/stephanie-denaro-anti-vax-rally/

Maybe MC and others would have been happier if the Covid vaccine had just been called a Covid flu shot.  Flu shots, which also don't promise immunity from the seasonal flu virus, are never questioned as to their effectiveness.  Some virus types are just easier to isolate and immunize against...some are harder (common cold.) 

But facts remain that even though the Covid strains are still infecting people, the ones who have gotten shots are much, much less likely to get really ill, require hospital care, infect others, or die.  That alone should end the arguments but I know  it won't.  I expect to see another crazy cartoon soon lampooning the world's best effort to curtail the spread and making fun of those who get the shots and don't want to be around those who choose not to. 

Alan

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ibarra said:

What a horrible divisive topic.  People that have been friends for a long time, now, won't speak to each other over this.  What happened to deciding to simply disagree about something?  Why the hatred?  We all have differing opinions about many, many issues.  We aren't clones of each other.  Personal attacks on this site are unbelievable.  Wanting someone to die, or stating they WILL die, because they don't feel the same way you do.  OMG  how sad.

They are AFRAID they are going to DIE from the VIRUS. Simple. FEAR has destroyed any common sense they had left. There is no turning back with them. They will live in FEAR until they die, as the virus will always be with us, just like the Flu Virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:

They are AFRAID they are going to DIE from the VIRUS. Simple. FEAR has destroyed any common sense they had left. There is no turning back with them. They will live in FEAR until they die, as the virus will always be with us, just like the Flu Virus.

You are dammed right I am. I'm old and have serious asthma so I have crummy lungs. I am high risk. In your world I would just take horse paste and gargle with borax or what ever the current "cure" is and be fine. In the real world most of the actual effective treatments are in short supply and very expensive.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kiko said:

What do anti-vaxxers and jackasses have in common?   . . .   Draw your own conclusions.

WW1.jpeg.c3c8a2c482af4b2a18f3245676bba76e.jpeg

You're simply displaying the fact you aren't secure enough in your beliefs to defend them so you make a donkey of yourself.  I don't see you posting anything here on this topic that would be worthy of discussion or that we could learn something new from.  Just snark and insults.  

Just keep right on being a donkey and getting your jabs and doing what they tell you.  And good luck.  I do hope you aren't one of the ones who finds out the hard way how the side effects increase with each subsequent jab.

BTW, y'all, your spiritual leader "Doctor" (who treats no real patients and never has) Fauci has started talking about your fourth jab.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

You are dammed right I am. I'm old and have serious asthma so I have crummy lungs. I am high risk. In your world I would just take horse paste and gargle with borax or what ever the current "cure" is and be fine. In the real world most of the actual effective treatments are in short supply and very expensive.

Well then my advice is to hide out and stay away from everyone including the jabbed.  And you might actually stop believing everything the CDC and the owned U.S. media tells you and take the time to learn that you could actually have treatment options beyond vaccines that don't protect you.

We did in my extended family and there are a dozen of us for whom covid wasn't as bad as the flu.  Only one exception because our family member who flew to the land of medical tyranny to help them didn't get there soon enough and he had a harder time with it.  Now we all have the superior natural immunity that doesn't wear off every 6 months or less.

Living in fear is stressful and stress can kill you too.  FDR was right about fear and all we have to do is look around this community to see how right he was.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1